Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Perfect example of irrefutably broken matchmaking
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:43 pm
Posts: 708
eddster27 wrote:
Soloqing is fine.

Not everyone is as godlike as you eddster.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Perfect example of irrefutably broken matchmaking
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:41 pm
Posts: 837
Luckytime wrote:
eddster27 wrote:
Soloqing is fine.

Not everyone is as godlike as you eddster.


I personally think matchmaking works reasonably well as you move into the upper leagues. The likelihood your teammates are total flakes or rage quitters gets to be less and less.

Meanwhile, L3+ is a totally random grab bag in terms of skill disparity.

_________________
if my teammates are good, i always win.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Perfect example of irrefutably broken matchmaking
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:52 pm 
Offline
Adminaut
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:03 pm
Posts: 10367
Location: Tech-Support. . . E-mail: sir.emo.chap@gmail.com
Eddster, there is absolutely zero need for such hostility from you. There was no reason you needed to speak in that way. S_Fits I'd also advise trying to be a little less provoking next time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Perfect example of irrefutably broken matchmaking
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:35 am
Posts: 2715
I like the new eddster

_________________
extreme snares: dont you just get a bit wet when someone comes through the portal onto a max snare silence trap
niki: yes lmao


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Perfect example of irrefutably broken matchmaking
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:35 pm
Posts: 183
Well, as time passes, all the new players who came from the free2play launch are leaving.
So only 'veterans' remain. Which means better matchmaking, cause there are no more noobs!

You see, the less players there are, the better matchmaking gets. Genius.

edit: I'm serious though.
It may seem like matchmaking is okay now, but as soon we get another great influx of new players, the matchmaking will Zork things up again.
It still does occasionally, like OP says


Last edited by Fishie on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Perfect example of irrefutably broken matchmaking
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:54 pm
Posts: 214
Hah, if you think Eddster was being hostile for defending himself from a false quote then the bar for offence is set pitifully low, also defend the right person for a change.

Anyway, I have had a generally good experience with solo q so far, I end up against pres such as MrPillows premades with sam and others, or Game + Love. But those aren't bad, and to be honest are some of the better games.

That said this argument of "only 100 hours" is ridiculous, time does not correlate with gameplay skill past a certain point, it doesn't take long to learn to play or even master a naut.
100 hours is a lot of time to be playing a game, This argument is nothing more then a complete number fetish.

A problem with this community and I will call you out personally 'MrPillow', Is the inability to debate with a differing opinion, in this case someone dares to say they enjoy the solo q at the moment, and you do nothing to build the conversation then attempt to render their point null with a sarcastic response.

This is a big reason as to why people lose interest in these conversations harming the point you want to actually get across. So I will do what emo just did, and some thing extra, Call out an individual and try to get this onto a constructive track.

Solo Queue - point I have played 95+% solo since my return.
I enjoy solo q at the moment, that said some games do feel very lopsided, but I can usually break it down to my own errors, naut combinations / teamwork or more.
Solo queue brought me back into the game and the latest version has given me more match variety. Much better then before where literally every game was against high tier premades.

Teamwork and premades
I would like to point out most games I have seen you in 'MrPillow' you have been in a duo or pre, I am not against this, but by mere instance you will have better teamwork then the opponents. This is a massive difference and can make the best solo players appear terrible by proxy.

We are old players
We have played a long time, for us why stop at 100 hours? I might go to the extreme of your point and say people <1000 hours are terrible and should not be matched with me because I have >3000 hours. This point itself is useless and doesn't hold ground.
A lot of the remaining older players seem to want to control the game based on their moment, their time, well i know my time is gone and passed. I will not try to control the game and will not shun newer players because they are under x time played, leading to my next point.

New Players
We need newer players to improve this problem for you a larger base means we can have these conditions added, so players over a boundary get matched etc, as it stands even the addition of the brawl mode can be dangerous. But your restrictions will do nothing at the current standing, unless you want to see me /sam / edd / niki / game / love every single game.

_________________
bool care;
if (!= care) { Debug.Log("Go Away");}
else { Empathy.Display = true; }

Main: Raork(Clunk)

Total kills: 39344
Total Clunk kills: 26305
http://www.twitch.tv/raorkxd


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Perfect example of irrefutably broken matchmaking
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:54 pm
Posts: 1697
Location: Côte D'azur
Doppelganger wrote:
Emo, there is absolutely zero need for such ignorance from you. There was no reason you needed to retort in that way. MrPillow I'd also advise trying to be a little more explicit next time.

_________________
Steam :raehands:

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive


CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag


_olaffff wrote:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Perfect example of irrefutably broken matchmaking
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:50 am
Posts: 1482
Raork wrote:

A problem with this community and I will call you out personally 'MrPillow', Is the inability to debate with a differing opinion, in this case someone dares to say they enjoy the solo q at the moment, and you do nothing to build the conversation then attempt to render their point null with a sarcastic response.


how did I do this


also since several people chimed in on this, the only reason I mentioned that dude's hours was to illustrate the silliness of it putting multiple L1s on the same team. it wasn't a diatribe about "why are new players in my game"

_________________
Mains: :thumb: :derp: :worship: :think: :facepalm: :shady: :rocco: :jimmy:
steamcommunity.com/id/MrPillow92/
stream: twitch.tv/mrpillowthegreat
Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Perfect example of irrefutably broken matchmaking
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:54 pm
Posts: 214
I don't know Mr Pillow maybe you don't read your own messages, if below is not a sarcastic response with no actual build up then forgive me, because it's definitely not humourous.
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
I'm sorry, I must've misunderstood you, did you just call the quality of your soloq games good? Pairing league 1s together against 100 hour players, absolutely good.

PlayerBase:
And I disagree, this has a lot to do with a larger player base, higher player base more long term players, better competition, you said yourself:
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
Objectively, the skill based matchups is not a problem rooted in a lack of players. Sure, that hurts it, but that is objectively not the core issue. And objectively, the core issue is furthering amplifying the problem of a lack of players.

The entire issue has everything to do with playerbase, yet all these posts do nothing to actually solve it, instead it's solely a topic of hot air for you to vomit into whenever you want have a game you don't agree with.

New Players:
Hours played comes into this subject a lot especially from the older players. So whenever you bring the time played into it, especially under 100 hours it involves by proxy newer players then you.
And as I mentioned last post, I do not agree with the hours played circlejerk club pass.

Anyway the next part is subjective, I have played for over 3k hours, and I still play as braindead as my 30th hour.

_________________
bool care;
if (!= care) { Debug.Log("Go Away");}
else { Empathy.Display = true; }

Main: Raork(Clunk)

Total kills: 39344
Total Clunk kills: 26305
http://www.twitch.tv/raorkxd


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Perfect example of irrefutably broken matchmaking
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 1:53 am
Posts: 3652
when did people start defending matchmakng all of a sudden


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next