Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: for the survival of this game...
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:45 pm 

.. you NEED to implement region lock and let players wait 2-3 minutes more to avoid wasting 20 in an impossible, chore like, "WTH IS HAPPENING" bullcrap match.

please ronimo. please.

forcing us to play people in some regions is just accelerating to death of this game.

once you get past a certain ping, its just a farce.

you don't balance around lag, I understand that.
but you have to limit lag according to the balance you put in place!!! otherwise WHAT IS THE POINT OF BALANCE IN THE FIRST PLACE????

some nauts are designed to require very precise footsies, and by keeping that balance in place, and NOT balancing around lag, you are making these nauts insanely overpowered in lag-induced scenarios.

im in canada, and in NO WAY do I EVER want to play with someone in Sweden, or Brazil, or China. EVER.

all it does is increase cynism towards this game and makes the dwindling population dwindle ever faster.

do the right thing, or you truly deserve your game to die.

Post subject: Re: for the survival of this game...
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:22 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
See, there are better ways to phrase this sort of thread:

"How feasible would a region lock be?"

—or—

"Could we implement a region lock?"

—or—

"Would a region lock help to combat players connecting from Venus?"

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:44 pm 

You weren't that laggy for me dude.

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:11 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
See, there are better ways to phrase this sort of thread:

"How feasible would a region lock be?"

—or—

"Could we implement a region lock?"

—or—

"Would a region lock help to combat players connecting from Venus?"
it would not convey the same importance. "oh yes we could maybe put the option back if" and its exactly this type of complaisance that led to the game's situation in the first place.

point is, people leave because the game is frustrating.

granted, it might be too little too late at this point, and might only make the problem worse. but you wont know until you try it. it's never too late to switch it back the next patch.

but if you wait until there's no more players left to try it out, you'll never know.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:30 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
speartongue wrote:
it would not convey the same importance. "oh yes we could maybe put the option back if" and its exactly this type of complaisance that led to the game's situation in the first place.

You could come up with the most groundbreaking suggestion for the game that anyone has ever heard of, but if no one wants to read it because of how it was written, you might as well have been blowing bubbles with your spit.

speartongue wrote:
point is, people leave because the game is frustrating.

I was under the impression it was more to do with the state of balance than the fact that some 'Nauts are harder to play against in laggy situations.

speartongue wrote:
granted, it might be too little too late at this point, and might only make the problem worse. but you wont know until you try it. it's never too late to switch it back the next patch.

I would rather Ronimo did not spend precious weeks developing something only to revert all the work later, sunken costs notwithstanding.

speartongue wrote:
but if you wait until there's no more players left to try it out, you'll never know.

See above.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:39 pm 

100% of the time i'd rather have a more evenly matched battle of skill than a slightly-less-laggy match where i stomp some league 5s

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:41 pm 

Let's fragment the community to save it!

Sorry, but no.

In all cases, fragmentation of a population acts as an accelerator to extinction.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:09 pm 

Gameinsky wrote:
Let's fragment the community to save it!

premium vs f2p

veterans vs noobs

casuals vs pro

proF2P vs antiF2P

didn't you bite your tongue by accident?

"Time to chew butt and kick tobacco"

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:19 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
I would rather Ronimo did not spend precious weeks developing something only to revert all the work later, sunken costs notwithstanding.

precious weeks??? the option existed before, it's not magically gone forever, it's been disabled.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:59 pm 

kathy wrote:
100% of the time i'd rather have a more evenly matched battle of skill than a slightly-less-laggy match where i stomp some league 5s
well that's you. but you're still there. clearly it wasn't the opinion of the people who left.

if you're gonna be playing with some L5, mix and match them between both teams so each side has some better and worse players, and everybody learns, either to protect newbies, coach them to play better or avoid certain mistakes, or the lower leagues learn from better players how to play and position themselves.

also... SLIGHTLY less laggy? SLIGHTLY? oh hell no. someone in the USA (im in Canada) is not SLIGHTLY less laggy than the people i've been playing against these past weeks.. we're talking russians, brazilians, swedes, people from the Azure Coast in France, UK.... its unplayable almost EVERY MATCH. and it is NOT slightly less laggy.