Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Is this the newbie experience in a nutshell?
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:46 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
Enemy wrote:
vmar98 wrote:
I don't see how the old matchmaking was better for casuals in any way. How is having a less balanced match good for casuals? It was not fun to lose a match you were winning because of a late join, it was not fun to get disconnected from a match only to pray to god you would rejoin it when you entered the que again.

drop in. drop out.

match is trash? just disconnect and join another, lose nothing, gain nothing. The team is already losing and you think you can make a comeback? stay and play, in one sentence: have the option of having fun

Because teammates leaving doesn't destroy the chance of a comeback at all which makes trying to get a comeback comepletly not futile.
There are still other players whom just get * over in the process. You don't have be a competitive player to be bothered by someone from your team leaving. Late joins would add on top of that since either someone would join a lost match or someone would join and win the match for your team while the enemy team was supposed to win. And don't even get me started on matches where the whole enemy team would leave and get replaced or when your build could get * by suddenly fighting against another character.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:14 pm 

GuyBrush wrote:
I've said before that bots should grant at least some experience if you lose, as it really isn't that hard to program an Awesomepoint Farmer detector into the game.

Actually, that would be good. But there should just be a cap at how much XP you can earn from bot matches. I feel, for profile level, maybe you can't get XP past level 5. For nauts, maybe you can just earn enough XP to unlock more items to buy for that naut, but nothing more than that.

This way you can still use bot matches to practice using a naut if you want, but you can't just use it to level up a naut to anything meaningful.

furthermore, wins and losses in bot matches should not count in the stats screen and should not count as wins towards the "x amount of wins for naut medal". If you want to be lenient, let them be able to earn the first naut medal with bot matches, but no more than that.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:13 am 

Opposing Drop in Drop Out is selfish?
Man, DIDO is the single most selfish thing ever.

Game is ruined for you? Ok, then, let's ruin the game for 5 other people as well!
You leave, two teammates are mad because they're now 2v3, enemy team is annoyed because they didn't get a fair and complete game.

Then a top 10 player drops in and curbstomps the winning team and suddenly you robbed 3 people of a victory they deserved. Your two teammates didn't deserve to win the game yet they did and you're here on the forums calling people selfish for not thinking this is a good thing.

DIDO system simply doesn't fit moba, no matter how casual. Like you said, a player matters too much.
In TF2 you barely notice people dropping in/out.
There's also the whole thing where the big reason why playing a moba is so rewarding is that you sunk a lot of effort to achieve your victory. It's not like Rocket League or Splatoon where games are super short.
You work towards your victory and then you only get it if you deserve it. DIDO throws it completely out of the window.

But yes, losing isn't fun, unfortunately it's a part of life.
I always say; if you don't accept your 50% chance of losses, you don't deserve your 50% of wins.

I do think we should push the game to be more fun instead of just numbers-balancing everything.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:55 pm 

taunting players who latejoined was one of life's simple pleasures

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:35 pm 

People praising the drop in drop out system make me want to stream ps4 Nauts right now so you guys can watch how fun it is to join a completely lopsided game.