Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: It is impossible to rank up in this game.
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:51 pm 

Before I continue, I play this PvP gamemode because I love competition in general and I love Moba games. If I want to have fun, I would go either Brawl or Co-Op.

---

I am a new player. Alright, fine.

I have to wait for up to 7 minutes to wait for a match. No problem, if it creates a balanced match up.

Wait, I am a dude with below 40 hours and another 2 and 31 hours guys vs a premade of 1k+ and 200 hours and a random 100 hours dude with their "owned this game before it went F2P" medals so they own all nauts and I am sure, know how to play better because from what I've seen, it's a pure pub stomp.

Then another match vs a 0 level account person, who already has a 10k-costing naut, rocking at us and laughing in chat like "ez, get rekt". I believe that's a smurfer and I hope you know what smurfing means.

Half of these matches I have to play with a guy who is either 1/10 or 0/2 and then "replaced by bot" and that's a loss regardless. I've had 3 matches in a row with leavers. And not only that but I have to lose rating because I have to 1 vs 3 basically since the beginning of the match?

Finding parties is difficult in General ingame chat. Yeah, because people mostly want tryhard players instead of new ones.

And how am I supposed to rank up and progress further? I know, ranking means basically nothing but I don't wanna be a League 6-5 guy when I can be higher and as the result no matter how I try it's simply impossible to go outside of League 6.

Reporting leavers is pointless. If Blizzard and Riot don't ban leavers that often in their high-populated Mobas, I doubt anyone would actually start banning players for leaving in an already super lower-populated game.

Am I just out of luck or it's just gonna be a "git gut" situation?

Post subject: Re: It is impossible to rank up in this game.
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:01 pm 

You're not out of luck - it's just that the majority of the playerbase is veteran, and we only have so few newbies.

Starting Awesomenauts right now is like starting to play Age of Empire 2 when you've never played a RTS before. It's possible, but you have to get a tough skin because you will spend a lot of time getting rekt and rekt before you can even start to become good.

You can add me if you want to play together :LeonWink:

I'm League 2 but i'm not a tryhard and i don't care that much if I lose. I can give you tips though.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:47 pm 

Ah, it seems you've been introduced to the wondrous matchmaking system which hundreds of players rejoice upon.

I second all potterman said, being a newbie in such a low-populated game is harsh, especially if you have next to 0 experience from MOBAs (like this guy) and, yeah, it's a pretty miserable experience. Most of the time you either get stomped or you win matches while feeling you've accomplished nothing since you were carried hard.

Playing along someone else does help alleviate that so if you'd like any of us to join you, let us know your area and leave your steam profile so others can add you (i'm L3 with a 42% winrate, you're gonna have to carry me hard btw). This would also be something new for me since i always play soloq so, ya know, we would both be learning something new and if something does go wrong, we can blame the 3rd player. It's a flawless system, really.

Matchmaking can be cruel at times but, like a certain fisherman once told me - NEBAH GIBAPO! :thumb:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:07 pm 

Anyway, sorry for this thread to appear here and if I overreacted a bit. It's just so frustrating at times.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:18 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
People: "If we go F2P, there will be a huge influx of players that will revitalise the game."

LPT: "...but the last time that happened, the whole system collapsed."

People: "MARVELLOUS—SHALL WE BEGIN?"

LPT: "Don't we need to make sure matchmaking can handle—"

People: "—SPEED IS QUALITY!"

Behold, the result of that wonderous decision.

As uhelpful as it is, there is nothing we can do—you will have to deal with it if you want to play. Which, for the record, is a valid reason against playing.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:27 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
You're not out of luck - it's just that the majority of the playerbase is veteran, and we only have so few newbies.

then why are all my soloq allies awful

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:41 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
People: "If we go F2P, there will be a huge influx of players that will revitalise the game."

LPT: "...but the last time that happened, the whole system collapsed."

People: "MARVELLOUS—SHALL WE BEGIN?"

LPT: "Don't we need to make sure matchmaking can handle—"

People: "—SPEED IS QUALITY!"

Behold, the result of that wonderous decision.

As uhelpful as it is, there is nothing we can do—you will have to deal with it if you want to play. Which, for the record, is a valid reason against playing.

You can replace "People" with "Ronimo" and "LPT" with "People" in that story.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:58 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Gameinsky wrote:
You can replace "People" with "Ronimo" and "LPT" with "People" in that story.

I would say there was (and still is) some support for F2P. I have no idea why, mind you.

Would "Ronimo and several" and "LPT and a select few" be better?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:54 am 

Location: Legends say he now resides in a cave, (waiting for someone to challenge him)
ah that's soloq for you. I've been there man. I started getting active in this game around the biggest playerbase drops the game has ever seen, some of my first matches Involved some of the oldest players in the game that are either still here or quit some time after these player drops.

Not only that but this is the first and only MOBA I've ever played So it took me until early this year to legitimately reach L3. (I deed eet tho) So Its NOT Impossible to learn this game in 2017, in fact its probably easier to do it right now instead of late 2015, now do I have some tips for you!

1: soloq sucks, so your goal is to become better than the average soloq player, even if you end up becoming insignificantly better than a soloq player. once you do you'll have a smoother time finding players of your skill level, In my case it took me half a year to find about 50 people to add to my contacts list to queue with.

2: to do this you need to get used to 2 things:
A: soloq.
if you like gambling then you are good to go.
B: bot match.
not as important as soloq but bot match will force you to be mvp in order to win, its not perfect....in fact bot match without modded bots is pretty bad and exploitable but there are some merits to practicing in local customs and bot matches....just be careful or you might lose your sanity.

3:Rotate between these 2 until you find yourself regretting your playtime! (oh no...700 hours of soloqueues...fml)

4: if you ever hate this game just remember:
since launch until late 2016: soloq was 60% luck 40% skill. now its a balanced 50/50!
so If you are ever bummed you just need to think about old soloq, and how long the queue times where in those days. back when you had to wait any amount of time from 5 minutes, to 10,20,30,40 and so on for a match that could last for as long as 3 minutes!

GL HF!

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

http://steamcommunity.com/id/recipefortheperfectafro/

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:11 am 

I have an off-side question. Is reporting leavers worth it? Or it's pointless cause who would ban them in an already somewhat low populated game.