Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Voltar and Yoolip | To Rework or Not to Rework?
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:58 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
It is no secret that both of these 'Nauts have caused a fair bit of discussion in recent (read: going back a few years for Voltar) times. Voltar is going through a phase of being a damage dealer in a game of better damage dealers, and Yoolip is just... bad. Bad in every sense of the word—he annihilates anyone caught in his combo, but actually catching people in his combo is like catching me caring about Froggy mains: never going to happen in the real world.

How much do we think either (or both) of these 'Nauts could do with a good old rework to get them up to standard? For those of you that think it would help, how much of a rework do you think would be necessary—a few slight mechanical tweaks or a more in-depth remaking?

I would be all for complete overhauls, as you can imagine.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Last edited by The Lord Protector on Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Voltar and Yoolip | To Rework or Not to Rework?
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:57 am 

You just need to look at Voltar's last rework to know they'd somehow both just get worse anyway.

my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:00 am 

That's why you dework Voltar :^)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:49 pm 

Sryder13 wrote:
You just need to look at Voltar's last rework to know they'd somehow both just get worse anyway.
Firren wrote:
That's why you dework Voltar :^)
Voltar needs just a flat damage nerf and a flat healing buff.

Yoolip... Yoolip is a one-trick pony with a meme ability. His stun is amazing but the problem is that it's basically a Swiggins Anchor/Genji Cocoon for retards who can't deal with the naut moving or being immune to damage. His Dinos... his Dinos are just bad. I honestly have no idea how to rework it.
For his stun? I don't know should we just give him a shield while doing it? The main issue with Yoolip right now is that, along with stunning himself, he's far easier to bust down in a team fight than most other 'nauts. Unlike Shadow Shaman in DOTA 2 (which is the easiest thing to compare Yoolip's stun to) he can't sit 30 miles away and pick who he stuns. This is a problem with the nature of Awesomenauts as a whole. And I don't want to go back to releaseyip and the map-wide Walking Fridge stun.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:45 pm 

It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

Or a guess it's a matter of "Does ROnimo still care about balance?"

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:38 pm 

Knockback when stun upgrade? That sounds kind of OP to me though, even though u guys keep saying that Yoolip sucks in the top 1000. Yoolip could use a bit of buff upgrade for AA though. Yoolip doesnt really need a combo to kill people, on contrast, just dont use the Dino when enemy is coming and rather just stun him and let teammember get free killl. Use dinos for area control, not trying to get cheap 1vs 1 kills, that wont work...

Voltar on the other hand just needs his dmg toned down and rather have supporting powers for the drones, like slow down to drones or healbot. Knockbacks are good, but he could have something else instead of pure dmg to be a "support".

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:10 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
It is no secret that both of these 'Nauts have caused a fair bit of discussion in recent (read: going back a few years for Voltar) times. Voltar is going through a phase of being a damage dealer in a game of better damage dealers, and Yoolip is just... bad. Bad in every sense of the word—he annihilates anyone caught in his combo, but actually catching people in his combo is like catching me caring about Froggy mains: never going to happen in the real world.

How much do we think either (or both) of these 'Nauts could do with a good old rework to get them up to standard? For those of you that think it would help, how much of a rework do you think would be necessary—a few slight mechanical tweaks or a more in-depth remaking?

I would be all for complete overhauls, as you can imagine.

I agree 100% with all of this. Yoolip has needed a rework ever since launch.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:08 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
I was bored and decided to completely rework Voltar for no particular reason.

Enjoy his Omniscience.

It is completely different to what we have now, so do not expect it to be good.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:28 pm 

So in this iteration, he basically has Mercy ultimate all the time except it damages too? cool. Then again he has hardly any damage in your rework either so whatever.

my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:44 pm 

voltars fine, doesnt need reworks. fix chili bug and maybe nerf weaponized hull a bit.

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble