Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post subject: Re: Please No New Features!
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:52 pm 

I really like the XP system when it first came out and I like it now.
People are just getting old and prefer the old way of doing things this is why they cling on to the pre xp days.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:57 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Hero wrote:
People are just getting old and prefer the old way of doing things this is why they cling on to the pre xp days.

I mean, some of us have more substantial arguments than that—like my big block o' text, for example.

No one has started shouting about how wrong it is, so I assume everyone agrees with it completely.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:39 pm 

Hero wrote:

I notice you have a tendency to explain other's points of views when you disagree with them. Like right here, and like on the subject of matchmaking "blah blah blah theyre just salty they lost"

It's possible to have an opinion that differs from you and for both of you to have come to your opinion reasonably. You don't need to keep rationalizing how others could have thought differently than you, it makes you look insecure.

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:49 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
No one has started shouting about how wrong it is, so I assume everyone agrees with it completely.

I'm kind of fine with the XP system really, I agree with what Edd said.
The release of the XP-system was terrible due to all the balance changes, but I feel it's fine now.
Having an XP-system has it's upsides and a few downsides.
What I don't get is why people correlate a lot of things with the XP-system, I feel most of the time people are encountering a problem it has nothing to do with the XP-system yet they blame it on it regardless.

Another thing is that it's easy to say "the entire XP-system needs replacing", but I encourage those who say that to come up with an alternative on how to do so. One that wouldn't split up the community again.

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:12 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Jas123c wrote:
What I don't get is why people correlate a lot of things with the XP-system, I feel most of the time people are encountering a problem it has nothing to do with the XP-system yet they blame it on it regardless.

I agree, although the small text was more for my wall o' text.

Jas123c wrote:
Another thing is that it's easy to say "the entire XP-system needs replacing", but I encourage those who say that to come up with an alternative on how to do so. One that wouldn't split up the community again.

Set all sources of XP to zero, hide XP graphics, hide XP counters at the top, and change some of the upgrade values (or keep them as-is if we want to nerf them). Effectively removes it while still actually keeping it in the game if we want to reintroduce it later.

I appreciate that outright removing a whole system woul be messy, but that could not be too difficult, right?

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:22 pm 

Jas123c wrote:
The Lord Protector wrote:

I'm kind of fine with the XP system really, I agree with what Edd said.
The release of the XP-system was terrible due to all the balance changes, but I feel it's fine now.
Having an XP-system has it's upsides and a few downsides.

I think that could actually have been caused by a psychological phenomenon. The XP system was one of the "flagships" or the most prominent features of the game's new design direction that a lot of people (including me, to an extent) associate with the personal problems they have with the current state of the game.

It's just that all the hate and frustration that would otherwise be evenly distributed among all the changes (I am for example frustrated because of the omnipresent percentages, smaller overloaded HUD, some character design ideas and some aesthetic changes) are directed at the thing that got most attention even back when the game started changing its course.

I personally don't mind the XP system that much, although I preferred the unique simplicity of the game when all scaling was solar-based. That doesn't change the fact that it's become a symbol of this game's attempts at being something it never was, never should be and never will, instead of focusing on its strengths.

I'd say that's why so many people hate it so much.

Ernest - The Clockwork Gentleman

Nepro Inc.
Killing every single discussion since 2013

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:13 pm 

Neprofík wrote:
I think that could actually have been caused by a psychological phenomenon. The XP system was one of the "flagships" or the most prominent features of the game's new design direction that a lot of people (including me, to an extent) associate with the personal problems they have with the current state of the game.

It's just that all the hate and frustration that would otherwise be evenly distributed among all the changes (I am for example frustrated because of the omnipresent percentages, smaller overloaded HUD, some character design ideas and some aesthetic changes) are directed at the thing that got most attention even back when the game started changing its course.

I personally don't mind the XP system that much, although I preferred the unique simplicity of the game when all scaling was solar-based. That doesn't change the fact that it's become a symbol of this game's attempts at being something it never was, never should be and never will, instead of focusing on its strengths.

I'd say that's why so many people hate it so much.

Very well put and my exact thoughts. But I strongly believe these are very good reasons to hate the game after the XP-System.

The simplicity of this game and the concentration on pure gameplay was what made this game popular. I hope Ronimo will stop ignoring this. XP-System completely changed this in the following ways:

Before, the game was simple enough to enjoy without being bogged down by snowball mechanics, but also deep enough that if you wanted, all the information was there. The clear difference is that it used to be much easier to get into and have thousands of hours of fun, without even needing an extensive tutorial.

Now it's the complete opposite. While anyone can understand solar intuitively, the exp, team levels, snowballing, % upgrades, damage scaling every level (which sometimes just takes seconds), all are much harder to learn in addition to still having solar and upgrades. Simply having Solar on the other hand was just one thing to learn, but it also packaged and incorporated many different gameplay dynamics that could be figured out by better players, but didn't need to be known to have fun!

Don't forget that Nauts is already a very unique game, and a "platfoming MOBA" in itself is something you have to learn.

Even people who have thousands of hours in the game have nothing against keeping it simple. I just can't understand why they needed to change this.

A game that is easy to get into but that is also deep and has a high skill ceiling is much, much more preferable to the same game, but that is hard to get into and learn!

And as I said, it felt like the whole vision of the game was being compromised, not just a couple of things getting more complicated for no reason, as many have said. This is actually a big thing...

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Last edited by DeezNauts on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:06 pm 

Hero wrote:

you sound like a modern sonic fan

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:16 pm 

I really think most people agree with me. We just shouldn't fight about the different reasons why we think the XP-System was a bad idea, we should fight against mediocrity in general!

If we all think that removing the XP-System and going back to a solar system like before would be better, Ronimo should damn well do it. Even if it takes a long time and Ronimo would have to admit a mistake, I think a lot of people would know how to appreciate it. And especially the newer players would have a much easier time getting into the game.

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:45 pm 

DeezNauts wrote:
...And especially the newer players would have a much easier time getting into the game.

The problem with this reasoning is that we would actually need to have new players so that making it easier for them to pick up was worth the effort. As far as I am aware, they all scampered quite some time ago—rightfully so, as well.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next