Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 207  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Top 100 - A Glance at 'Naut Usage
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 pm
Posts: 963
BigFatChris wrote:
Niko wrote:
(That said, Lonestar actually is the best character in the current build.)

I disagree with this. Lonestar isn't bad, but he has quite a few flaws that hold him back. He is a great pusher and can deal good damage, but he has one of the worst survivabilities in the gamne. He is one of the slowest characters, has one of the lowest HP and his only escape mechanic is the bull. I'd saw he is squishier than Froggy, Leon or Coco because of this. He is great at pushing, but can suffer in a one on one fight.

Dude, look at the date of the post you quote.

_________________
A very bad Awesomenauts player. (I used to be League 1, but then I took an arrow to the knee.)
'Nauts I currently play with some success: Raelynn, Voltar (nope, not until he's usable again), Leon, Froggy.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 100 - A Glance at 'Naut Usage
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:50 pm 
Offline
Adminaut
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:20 am
Posts: 2262
BigFatChris wrote:
I disagree with this. Lonestar isn't bad, but he has quite a few flaws that hold him back. He is a great pusher and can deal good damage, but he has one of the worst survivabilities in the gamne. He is one of the slowest characters, has one of the lowest HP and his only escape mechanic is the bull. I'd saw he is squishier than Froggy, Leon or Coco because of this. He is great at pushing, but can suffer in a one on one fight.

While Lonestar is no longer the top 'naut like he was back when I posted my thoughts on him, the fact that you think he has bad survivability takes all credibility away from your post. Bull is a superb escape mechanism, one of the best in the game; what really makes him an escape master is his unpredictable vertical movement due to triple jump though.

That you would further insinuate that Froggy and Coco are easy to kill makes it even worse... Froggy and Coco are the de facto hardest to kill characters in the entire game, with Lonestar a close second. All of them have excellent survivability and escape abilities.

_________________
FROM MONKEY WITH LOVE ♫


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 100 - A Glance at 'Naut Usage
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:57 pm
Posts: 842
Niko wrote:
BigFatChris wrote:
I disagree with this. Lonestar isn't bad, but he has quite a few flaws that hold him back. He is a great pusher and can deal good damage, but he has one of the worst survivabilities in the gamne. He is one of the slowest characters, has one of the lowest HP and his only escape mechanic is the bull. I'd saw he is squishier than Froggy, Leon or Coco because of this. He is great at pushing, but can suffer in a one on one fight.

While Lonestar is no longer the top 'naut like he was back when I posted my thoughts on him, the fact that you think he has bad survivability takes all credibility away from your post. Bull is a superb escape mechanism, one of the best in the game; what really makes him an escape master is his unpredictable vertical movement due to triple jump though.

That you would further insinuate that Froggy and Coco are easy to kill makes it even worse... Froggy and Coco are the de facto hardest to kill characters in the entire game, with Lonestar a close second. All of them have excellent survivability and escape abilities.


what id like to see is boots disappear and everyone having their effect/speed by default, then people could concentrate their 3 options on something else. Skolldir/Clunk & Lonestar's speed/triple jump is a much needed upgrade/kiting tool while Froggy and Coco can play without it. I'd love to see the pace get even faster, with people playing regen and health without sacrificing mobility, etc.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 100 - A Glance at 'Naut Usage
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 pm
Posts: 963
Quote:
what id like to see is boots disappear and everyone having their effect/speed by default, then people could concentrate their 3 options on something else. Skolldir/Clunk & Lonestar's speed/triple jump is a much needed upgrade/kiting tool while Froggy and Coco can play without it. I'd love to see the pace get even faster, with people playing regen and health without sacrificing mobility, etc.

Well, choices are what upgrades are all about.

_________________
A very bad Awesomenauts player. (I used to be League 1, but then I took an arrow to the knee.)
'Nauts I currently play with some success: Raelynn, Voltar (nope, not until he's usable again), Leon, Froggy.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 100 - A Glance at 'Naut Usage
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:58 am
Posts: 560
Yeah, in this case, you can choose boots or you can choose incorrectly.

Mobility is one of the most important things in this game; if you can move faster/better than your opponent, you win. Some characters need boots more than others but to me, anyway, boots are of utmost importance as an upgrade, and you'll really suffer for not taking them on many characters.

_________________
Everytime you make a redundant topic on Balance & Tactics, a space butterfly loses its wings.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 100 - A Glance at 'Naut Usage
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:30 pm
Posts: 428
Location: Behind a keyboard
(Sorry guys for not getting around to doing the November 9th Listings...computer troubles plus hands got mad rashes).

Greeting all! As I ever draw closer to making a personal impact by being in the Top 300 (barely) here's the Top 100 for November 16th!

Lonestar - 19 (+6)
Froggy G - 19 (--)
Leon - 29 (--)
Clunk - 8 (-3)
Voltar - 5 (-3)
Yuri - 4 (--)
Coco - 10 (-2)
Derpl - 3 (-1)
Gnaw - 2 (+2)
Skølldir - 0 (--)
Raelynn - 1 (+1)

Wow! Gnaw gets to breach the Top 100 at long last! And before Skølldir so I can eat my own words. Incredibly Raelynn is also in the Top 100, in the Top 20 in fact, but only because a veteran player has an alt account. Still the fact Skølldir is yet in gives me a cliche-tear in hopes we'll one day see this list compiled with every 'Naut in the Top 100.

As expected Lonestar went up in usage once more though Voltar strangely went down. Must be the skepticism about a healer being viable. Yuri still retains his spot of being utterly rear ended by the other originals and has firmly been displaced by Coco in relevance. It's probably a matter of time until Derpl gets the same treatment too. Poor Yuri.

I dream of a day the Cream Team (Lonestar, Froggy G, Leon) get under 60% in usage. It's bad enough most Froggy G/Leon just swap out for each other like a perpetual team-up but it still holds as one of the most viable combinations for new players and veterans alike.

What team-ups do you expect will surface beyond individual 'Naut effectiveness? Personally I find Lonestar gels well with everyone hence his consistent usage whilst Leon/Froggy G need each other to be just as viable. Clunk is also one of those balanced characters who gels well with anyone hence why Lonestar/Clunk tend not to have much outward weakness since they compliment each other.

Looking forward to next week and, if you haven't seen already, Awesomenauts is half price! Go tell your friends and get them to play (but not the already overused 'Nauts :lol: )


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 100 - A Glance at 'Naut Usage
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 755
Dread vas Qwib-Qwib wrote:
Wow! Gnaw gets to breach the Top 100 at long last! And before Skølldir so I can eat my own words. Incredibly Raelynn is also in the Top 100, in the Top 20 in fact, but only because a veteran player has an alt account. Still the fact Skølldir is yet in gives me a cliche-tear in hopes we'll one day see this list compiled with every 'Naut in the Top 100.


Challenge accepted.

_________________
Brutality wrote:
AIDS was the best thing to ever happen to me.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 100 - A Glance at 'Naut Usage
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:38 pm
Posts: 3498
Location: Winning
I'm glad to see my second favorite character finally hit the top 100 (Gnaw) but I gotta say i'm still a Froggy G and don't plan on leaving him, not that it matters cause of my pro skillz at losing when I go pubstomping....Dayum bots >_>

_________________
I play Froggy, and quote myself. Egotistical? Maybe...
Treeby wrote:
People say you are what you eat. I don't remember eating a sexy beast.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 100 - A Glance at 'Naut Usage
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:23 am 
Offline
Adminaut
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:20 am
Posts: 2262
One week later, now with fancy formatting -- it's Skølldir time!

Leon | 31 (+2)
Lonestar | 14 (-5)
Froggy G | 12 (-7)
Clunk | 11 (+3)
Coco | 11 (+1)
Voltar | 7 (+2)
Skølldir | 5 (+5)
Gnaw | 3 (+1)
Derpl | 3 (--)
Yuri | 2 (-2)
Raelynn | 1 (--)

_________________
FROM MONKEY WITH LOVE ♫


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 100 - A Glance at 'Naut Usage
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:58 am
Posts: 3786
Not surprised with the Froggy drops. The TF change means no more EZ mode for late-joins... and for some it was the *only* way to play.

Surprised with Leon gaining two rather than losing folks... maybe folks are being encouraged to get dual pills and realized the potential? (Even if it's now signifcantly weaker...) Could also be that ex-Froggy players started maining him?

Course... with no resets on fave characters per patch as the norm... might be their game numbers haven't been enough to cause the "favorite" on the scoreboard to change.

_________________
Ronma I... | How do you defuse dynamite? | Tricks YOU *should* know | Mirg | Derpstar FTW


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 207  Next