Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 207  Next

Post subject: Re: Top 100 - A Glance at 'Naut Usage
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:08 pm 

BigFatChris wrote:
Niko wrote:
(That said, Lonestar actually is the best character in the current build.)

I disagree with this. Lonestar isn't bad, but he has quite a few flaws that hold him back. He is a great pusher and can deal good damage, but he has one of the worst survivabilities in the gamne. He is one of the slowest characters, has one of the lowest HP and his only escape mechanic is the bull. I'd saw he is squishier than Froggy, Leon or Coco because of this. He is great at pushing, but can suffer in a one on one fight.

Dude, look at the date of the post you quote.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:50 pm 
Adminaut

BigFatChris wrote:
I disagree with this. Lonestar isn't bad, but he has quite a few flaws that hold him back. He is a great pusher and can deal good damage, but he has one of the worst survivabilities in the gamne. He is one of the slowest characters, has one of the lowest HP and his only escape mechanic is the bull. I'd saw he is squishier than Froggy, Leon or Coco because of this. He is great at pushing, but can suffer in a one on one fight.

While Lonestar is no longer the top 'naut like he was back when I posted my thoughts on him, the fact that you think he has bad survivability takes all credibility away from your post. Bull is a superb escape mechanism, one of the best in the game; what really makes him an escape master is his unpredictable vertical movement due to triple jump though.

That you would further insinuate that Froggy and Coco are easy to kill makes it even worse... Froggy and Coco are the de facto hardest to kill characters in the entire game, with Lonestar a close second. All of them have excellent survivability and escape abilities.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:59 pm 

Niko wrote:
BigFatChris wrote:

While Lonestar is no longer the top 'naut like he was back when I posted my thoughts on him, the fact that you think he has bad survivability takes all credibility away from your post. Bull is a superb escape mechanism, one of the best in the game; what really makes him an escape master is his unpredictable vertical movement due to triple jump though.

That you would further insinuate that Froggy and Coco are easy to kill makes it even worse... Froggy and Coco are the de facto hardest to kill characters in the entire game, with Lonestar a close second. All of them have excellent survivability and escape abilities.

what id like to see is boots disappear and everyone having their effect/speed by default, then people could concentrate their 3 options on something else. Skolldir/Clunk & Lonestar's speed/triple jump is a much needed upgrade/kiting tool while Froggy and Coco can play without it. I'd love to see the pace get even faster, with people playing regen and health without sacrificing mobility, etc.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:42 am 

Quote:
what id like to see is boots disappear and everyone having their effect/speed by default, then people could concentrate their 3 options on something else. Skolldir/Clunk & Lonestar's speed/triple jump is a much needed upgrade/kiting tool while Froggy and Coco can play without it. I'd love to see the pace get even faster, with people playing regen and health without sacrificing mobility, etc.

Well, choices are what upgrades are all about.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:22 am 

Yeah, in this case, you can choose boots or you can choose incorrectly.

Mobility is one of the most important things in this game; if you can move faster/better than your opponent, you win. Some characters need boots more than others but to me, anyway, boots are of utmost importance as an upgrade, and you'll really suffer for not taking them on many characters.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:29 pm 

(Sorry guys for not getting around to doing the November 9th Listings...computer troubles plus hands got mad rashes).

Greeting all! As I ever draw closer to making a personal impact by being in the Top 300 (barely) here's the Top 100 for November 16th!

Lonestar - 19 (+6)
Froggy G - 19 (--)
Leon - 29 (--)
Clunk - 8 (-3)
Voltar - 5 (-3)
Yuri - 4 (--)
Coco - 10 (-2)
Derpl - 3 (-1)
Gnaw - 2 (+2)
Skølldir - 0 (--)
Raelynn - 1 (+1)

Wow! Gnaw gets to breach the Top 100 at long last! And before Skølldir so I can eat my own words. Incredibly Raelynn is also in the Top 100, in the Top 20 in fact, but only because a veteran player has an alt account. Still the fact Skølldir is yet in gives me a cliche-tear in hopes we'll one day see this list compiled with every 'Naut in the Top 100.

As expected Lonestar went up in usage once more though Voltar strangely went down. Must be the skepticism about a healer being viable. Yuri still retains his spot of being utterly rear ended by the other originals and has firmly been displaced by Coco in relevance. It's probably a matter of time until Derpl gets the same treatment too. Poor Yuri.

I dream of a day the Cream Team (Lonestar, Froggy G, Leon) get under 60% in usage. It's bad enough most Froggy G/Leon just swap out for each other like a perpetual team-up but it still holds as one of the most viable combinations for new players and veterans alike.

What team-ups do you expect will surface beyond individual 'Naut effectiveness? Personally I find Lonestar gels well with everyone hence his consistent usage whilst Leon/Froggy G need each other to be just as viable. Clunk is also one of those balanced characters who gels well with anyone hence why Lonestar/Clunk tend not to have much outward weakness since they compliment each other.

Looking forward to next week and, if you haven't seen already, Awesomenauts is half price! Go tell your friends and get them to play (but not the already overused 'Nauts :lol: )

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:04 pm 

Dread vas Qwib-Qwib wrote:
Wow! Gnaw gets to breach the Top 100 at long last! And before Skølldir so I can eat my own words. Incredibly Raelynn is also in the Top 100, in the Top 20 in fact, but only because a veteran player has an alt account. Still the fact Skølldir is yet in gives me a cliche-tear in hopes we'll one day see this list compiled with every 'Naut in the Top 100.

Challenge accepted.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:17 pm 

I'm glad to see my second favorite character finally hit the top 100 (Gnaw) but I gotta say i'm still a Froggy G and don't plan on leaving him, not that it matters cause of my pro skillz at losing when I go pubstomping....Dayum bots >_>

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:23 am 
Adminaut

One week later, now with fancy formatting -- it's Skølldir time!

Leon | 31 (+2)
Lonestar | 14 (-5)
Froggy G | 12 (-7)
Clunk | 11 (+3)
Coco | 11 (+1)
Voltar | 7 (+2)
Skølldir | 5 (+5)
Gnaw | 3 (+1)
Derpl | 3 (--)
Yuri | 2 (-2)
Raelynn | 1 (--)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:48 am 

Not surprised with the Froggy drops. The TF change means no more EZ mode for late-joins... and for some it was the *only* way to play.

Surprised with Leon gaining two rather than losing folks... maybe folks are being encouraged to get dual pills and realized the potential? (Even if it's now signifcantly weaker...) Could also be that ex-Froggy players started maining him?

Course... with no resets on fave characters per patch as the norm... might be their game numbers haven't been enough to cause the "favorite" on the scoreboard to change.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 207  Next