Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 207  Next

Post subject: Re: Top 100 - A Glance at 'Naut Usage
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:38 pm 

Thank you Niko but your improved format was both unnecessary and rude but I'll forgive you simply because you are a Yuri player and :monkey: is having a hard time enough to warrant a buff much like how Leon looks to be in warrant of a
Everyone wrote:
nerf
because RSS's top spot was dethroned by a :mrgreen: Leon :mrgreen: with less than 100 wins.

Sigh.

Leon | 31 (+2)
Lonestar | 15 (-4)
Froggy G | 12 (-7)
Coco | 10 (--)
Clunk | 10 (+2)
Voltar | 8 (+3)
Skølldir | 5 (+5)
Derpl | 3 (--)
Gnaw | 3 (+1)
Yuri | 2 (-2)
Raelynn | 1 (--)

Honestly I'm amazed why Skølldir didn't break the listings last week so having his name rectified this week makes us indeed see for the first time since PC release the whole cast in the Top 100. Also something which was expected last week but now carried weight into this week is Voltar's deserved increase of usage.
The huge drop in Froggy G usage is probably two-fold to the reasons stated above. It is sort of sad when the most used 'Naut has twice as much usage as the 2nd most used but it is reliving to see the Cream Team dip below 60% for now.
It'll be interesting how players react to the fact Clunk and Coco are very stable in their usage to the point you could easily point to them as the most balanced characters right now. It'll also be curious if Raelynn's Solar Greed build will be a viable format in high-end play and not just an isolated case.

Stay tuned for next week!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:49 pm 
Adminaut

Dread vas Qwib-Qwib wrote:
Thank you Niko but your improved format was both unnecessary and rude but I'll forgive you simply because you are a Yuri player and :monkey: is having a hard time enough to warrant a buff much like how Leon looks to be in warrant of a
Everyone wrote:
nerf
because RSS's top spot was dethroned by a :mrgreen: Leon :mrgreen: with less than 100 wins.

Good read. :P
Looks like a first-time forum-goer's post.

Character Hitbox Thread (Rocket added)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:55 pm 
Adminaut

:oops:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:47 pm 

Niko wrote:
:oops:

Hey don't feel embarrassed Niko: you could of waited until Saturday or asked if I had intentions of stopping the weekly charts. I appreciate anyone wanting to offer help where it's needed and at the very least it does correlate the data as factual due to the similarities of our recordings.

I'm not mad: in honor of your interest I'll keep the format for future weeks. Just keep an eye out if I don't update on a certain Friday. The list is for everyone and to give some insight into top level play and why certain 'Nauts are doing well.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:57 pm 
Adminaut

It might be interesting to further filter the results. Only show players with 500+ games played, eliminating alt accounts from the results. I'm looking forward to see what kind of team compositions will be the most successful in tournaments -- something you cannot possibly track on the leaderboards right now -- once more people sign up for the Awesomenauts Pro League. *wink wink*

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:48 pm 

Niko wrote:
It might be interesting to further filter the results. Only show players with 500+ games played, eliminating alt accounts from the results.

In regards to Niko's suggestion, this week is compiled of two Lists. The first is the one traditionally compiled as before whereas the 2nd will be a new list which will filter the Top 100 players with 500 games or more under their belt.

Here we go!

Leon | 32 (+1)
Lonestar | 12 (-3)
Froggy G | 12 (--)
Coco | 12 (+2)
Clunk | 10 (--)
Voltar | 9 (+1)
Skølldir | 4 (-1)
Yuri | 4 (+2)
Derpl | 2 (-1)
Gnaw | 2 (-1)
Raelynn | 1 (--)

===

Leon | 31
Lonestar | 15
Froggy G | 13
Coco | 12
Clunk | 12
Voltar | 5
Gnaw | 4
Yuri | 3
Derpl | 3
Skølldir | 2
Raelynn | 0

Oh c'mon guys what the duck? Why is Leon gaining usage again? It's intriguing to note how successful Coco has become, firmly competing for the podium spots and actually gaining places ahead of long-time staples in Lonestar and Froggy G games. Voltar is also getting a foothold in balance whilst the rest seem to flounder in the lower spots.
What are your thoughts with Derpl players these days? It's looming forward the question, as with Yuri, how their longevity of release seems to be outshined (sp?) by its peers (Derpl by Coco and Yuri by the other main 5).

Thoughts? Perhaps you'll be looking forward to the next 'Naut on the horizon. Until then!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:09 pm 

Because he has the best skill in the game with tongue, because he has an attack-hit-chance increaser with stealth (up to approximately 100%), because he still has a great damage output (killing is always more fun than pushing for most players), a very good escape mechanism and because he is unpredictable and an overall presence while in stealth.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:50 pm 
Adminaut

(Continued from above.) Because Leon fills the role of the ever so popular assassin. Because he looks cool and is the closest to a brooding character this game has. Because he's every nerd kid's dream of badass-ness personified.

Also: he has a sword. :monkey:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:04 pm 

One of the main reasons why I use leon as often as I do is because the leon bot sucks, so using him will ensure that I don't get a leon bot. :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:54 am 

December means holidays and season greetings to all! The results here are changing faster than ever before so keep in mind tweaks to usage are being made by the hour.

Here we go!

Leon | 31 (-1)
Lonestar | 13 (+1)
Froggy G | 11 (-1)
Coco | 11 (-1)
Clunk | 10 (--)
Voltar | 8 (-1)
Gnaw | 5 (+3)
Skølldir | 4 (--)
Yuri | 4 (--)
Raelynn | 2 (+1)
Derpl | 1 (-1)

===

Leon | 30 (-1)
Lonestar | 20 (+5)
Froggy G | 13 (--)
Coco | 11 (-1)
Clunk | 8 (-4)
Gnaw | 5 (+1)
Skølldir | 4 (+2)
Voltar | 3 (-2)
Yuri | 3 (--)
Derpl | 2 (-1)
Raelynn | 1 (+1)

Notable 'Nauts for this week would be Gnaw and Derpl. Gnaw's usage going up means people are finally making him a viable build rather than stalemate until 'x' 'Naut(s) levels up enough to push. Good one Gnaw!

Poor poor Derpl...people were complaining as recent as a month ago about his stun build and now he's an endangered species. Bad enough Coco has completely outclassed him but now Skølldir, Gnaw, and even Raelynn have seized spots over him, all save for the ones which clocks the Top 100 players with over 500 matches and it's only a matter of time before he's gone completely. His only saving grace? I still have him as my icon :P no really it does seem to me the top players refuse to play Derpl because he is harder to get right.

Prove me wrong: play him this week...

...with Turret Shield Build :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 207  Next