Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Patch notes
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:34 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Download the latest patch for Proun here:

Proun patch v109.zip (6mb)

To install the patch, download it, unzip it and then overwrite your installation of Proun with the new files. Be sure to keep the folder structure from the ZIP

Complete patch history:

Patch 24 June 2011

Fixes these specific issues:
-Installer should now download as "Proun_installer.exe" in Firefox, instead of as just "Proun"
-The freeze during the online highscores screen that some people are getting should be fixed now. Highscores will still not be submitted for these people, but at least the screen shouldn't freeze anymore!

Patch 26 July 2011

-I have changed Proun's highscore system to only show one time per computer. This way it won't happen again that the same person holds the entire top 10.

This change works automatically for anyone playing the game, you don't need to download a patch for it! :)

Patch v106, 10 September 2011

-Fixed a bug that caused random wins sometimes, specifically on the user track Cubed, but also sometimes on other tracks.
-Fixed an issue with some older Intel cards of which the engine (Ogre) thought they could not do shaders, while in fact they can. Most Intel cards should now be able to run Proun (except some of the oldest models).
-Fixed an issue where various Ati Radeon cards from the Radeon X series crashed when they tried to run shader model 3 shaders.
-Added a hint to the Settings menu in-game that the resolution can be set outside the game (quite a few people couldn't find this, it turned out).

Patch v107, 12 September 2011

-Turned out the fix for the Ati X1xxx series was not really functional. Fixed it in a different, more rigorous way this time. Works now!

Patch v108, 16 September 2011

-There was another issue with Ati cards, this time with the even older X8xx and X9xx series. Fixed that one as well!

Patch v109, 26 September 2011

-The previous patch created collision issues with the swirl in Composition #2: Over. This has been fixed now!
-Ati X1250 cards turn out to be like the X900's instead of like the X1800, so my fix was broken for these specific cards. Fixed this now!

Patch v109 again, 19 October 2011

-Some data was missing from the patch files, so I fixed that and re-uploaded the patch. This should fix the black screen that people got after applying the patch.

Post subject: Re: Patch notes
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:23 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I am not sure whether people were still seeing freezes with the exe above, but I just changed some fixes to make freezes less likely.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm 

Hooray! Finally! Thank you very much - progress is now saved and you can play the championship more than one track at a time :monkey:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:17 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Patch 26 July 2011

I have changed Proun's highscore system to only show one time per computer. This way it won't happen again that the same person holds the entire top 10.

This change works automatically for anyone playing the game, you don't need to download a patch for it! :)

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:37 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

New patch released: v106

I have finally found the time to create the patch I promised quite a while ago that fixes issues with Intel cards, Ati Radeon X cards, and the user track Cubed. Hope things work now!

Since I don't personally own the Intel and Ati cards that were giving trouble. I have not been able to test my fixes, though, so please give this patch a try and let me know whether it actually works now! Thanks in advance!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:38 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

New patch released: v107

Turned out the fix for the Ati X1xxx series was not really functional. Fixed it in a different, more rigorous way this time. Hopefully it works now!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:29 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

New patch released: v108

-There was another issue with Ati cards, this time with the even older X8xx and X9xx series. Fixed that one as well!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:38 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

New patch released: v109

-The previous patch created collision issues with the swirl in Composition #2: Over. This has been fixed now!
-Ati X1250 cards turn out to be like the X900's instead of like the X1800, so my fix was broken for these specific cards. Fixed this now!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:14 pm 

Could you release a patched version of the game (with the latest patch built in)?

P.S: Congratulations for such a great game. ;)

Last edited by Alexrd on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:55 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I already did! It just takes a while to upload that, so that usually lags an hour behind. :)