Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: proun graphics
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:44 pm 

This is not intended to offend anyone. I found Proun after searching YouTube with the phrase "background video."

I am looking for video software to play on my wide screen tv while I play music.

I found proun in the search results and being an engineer, find the moving screen scapes fascinating to watch.

My question is, do I need to be playing the game to make the ball roll through the screen scapes? I just want to passively watch the screen scapes roll by while listening to music and working.

Also, whatever happened to that screen package that used to come with microsoft music players 10 years ago. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. I was a kind of dynamic, ever changing mix of patterns, colors, auras, etc, a spirograph on LSD.

Post subject: Re: proun graphics
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:37 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

If I ever make more Proun, this is one of the features I have in mind to add: screensaver mode. However, it is not in current Proun, so you need to play to see it move.

As an alternative, you can just set the slow-motion trailer on repeat... ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zmuj_BdV-E

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:42 pm 

torel00 wrote:
Also, whatever happened to that screen package that used to come with microsoft music players 10 years ago. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. I was a kind of dynamic, ever changing mix of patterns, colors, auras, etc, a spirograph on LSD.

More likely than not you are thinking of Milk Drop (or possibly Gauss, which has been incorporated into the new version of MilkDrop). It comes free with Winamp free version. Check it out then select it as your visualization in settings and you can play it while listening to music in Winamp. It has beat detect so it "goes" with the music sorta.

heres and example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpWK42eCTyU

Also, GREAT GAME!!! Why no more support or new tracks? this game needs to be doin better!!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:41 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

WhineyLobster wrote:
Also, GREAT GAME!!! Why no more support or new tracks? this game needs to be doin better!!

Proun was 'just' a hobby project, difficult to keep adding more tracks after release after having already spent several years of my spare time on it...

By now I'd love to come back to Proun at some point, though: I have tons of ideas for new directions for this game. But let's finish my new game Cello Fortress first! :)