Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Nautsbuilder (report bugs!)
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:00 pm 

Nautsbuilder
This is the official forum thread regarding the Nautsbuilder. Originally started and built from scratch by Leimi in 2013, it is now maintained by r0estir0bbe.

Nautsbuilder is open-source and hosted on GitHub. Feel free to fork/improve/add functionality to the code. We will try our best to merge your changes into our code base.

Nautsbuilder updated to XP system - Bug report thread
r0estir0bbe wrote:
Nautsbuilder has been updated to the current version of the game, including an XP slider allowing you to set the current level for damage and survivability effects. Thanks to G-Dov, Sryder13, Tri99ah Fin9er, Xelrog and Zold for updating the data. :thumb:

There are still a lot of bugs that need to be fixed (currently working on several bug fixes, but it takes time). Please report in this thread any bugs, issues or wrong numbers that you find. I will try to keep an updated list of issues below, so please check this list first before reporting the same issue multiple times. If there are viewing issues, please make sure to include your OS, browser & version to make things easier.

Reported issues:
  • Mutant Worms: Limited Ninja Edition results in "Bonus Damage: NaN".
  • Double RPG with Hamburger Phone adds the value instead of reducing it.
  • Genji's AA upgrade reduces cooldown of Storm Drum.

Nautsbuilder data
All the data used for the Nautsbuilder is included in a Google Spreadsheet. Is there some wrong data? Fix it yourself! Open the Google Spreadsheet, go to the specific Awesomenaut, skill or upgrade and change it. Please check out the instructions before making any changes.

Notice that the spreadsheet data is not refreshed in the Nautsbuilder in real time. The data is cached and automatically pulled every two days. Please leave a comment in this thread if the data is outdated after some time, so we can manually update it.

Having a problem?
Before leaving a comment, please try to force-reloading the page to bypass your browser's cache. If you're in Chrome and the Nautsbuilder doesn't work only on the forums, be sure to untick the "Block third-party cookies and site data" content setting. Does the website work in private browsing mode? If so, it might be a conflict with a browser extension.

If it still doesn't work, please post here with all the details you can get: OS, browser, browser version... It also helps if you post any information logged in the web console (Ctrl+Shift+K on Firefox, F12 on Chrome).

Credits
Thanks to the team of Ronimo Games, Carty1234, boxtoy, nokos, Devenger, Riyita, ChrisJD10, Duralumi, MikalMirkas, D4RKUNION and anyone else we forgot for helping creating and improving the Nautsbuilder!

Original post by Leimi
Leimi wrote:
Hey guys,

I play Awesomenauts from time to time and wanted to test a few 'nauts recently - I was surprised to see there were no such thing as a "skill calculator", "build maker", "simulator" (you name it). So I built one!

Here it is: http://nautsbuilder.com Basically, choose a 'naut, make your build, modify the build order if needed and share the URL (or directly embed it in a post on this forum).

The app should work on every modern browser (that means, not IE 8 and less) but let me know if there are major problems. And it is open-source https://github.com/Leimi/nautsbuilder!

All the 'nauts data is taken from a Google Spreadsheet. The spreadsheet allows to update the data easily when Awesomenauts get some patchs and change 'nauts attributes.
Thanks to Carty1234, boxtoy, nokos, Devenger, Riyita, ChrisJD10, Duralumi, MikalMirkas and certainly other cool kids, the spreadsheet is complete :)

Feature wishlist

Changelog
v0.16 - 28/03/2016
  • Added support for XP system
  • Updated Nautsbuilder data to 3.0.2, including new Overdrive characters

v0.15 - 27/08/2015
  • added a mobile viewport and fixed several overlapping issues in the character selection screen (thanks to D4RKONION!)

v0.14 - 04/05/2014
  • added native functionality of damage stages (1 > 2 > 3)
  • updated TableTop library
  • fixed small issues with 10x damage numbers

v0.13 - 03/05/2014
  • fixed Vinnie & Spike's new Codfather upgrade
  • refactored skill.js

v0.12 - 24/03/2014 13:00 CEST
  • added a page where "admins" can force a data update from the google spreadsheet easily. Currently only r0estir0bbe and me have access to this page, feel free to ask an access if you regularly update the spreadsheet.
  • added the possibility to add a "multiplier" key in the effects list. For example, you can set a "damage multiplier: 3" to the V&S AA so that the nautsbuilder gets that the AA has 3 bullets, or set a "Lifesteal multiplier" on Leon's tongue to let the nautsbuilder knows the tongue goes back and forth. See the README for more details.
  • updated wiki's url
  • fixed caching problems. If new data is available on the nautsbuilder, you should now always get it without needing to clear your cache.
  • fixed some weird/wrong calculations: V&S seahorse, Voltar's DPS.

v0.11.2 - 15/12/2013 18:30 CEST
  • removed *for good* the "favorites" link which was still here to let people backup their stuff
  • fixes Grenade and Snipe Ted's AA upgrades which made the website crash
  • power pills companion are now *truly* supported in the same format as the light and turbo ones
  • nautsbuilder homepage: the nauts list is now smaller when needed so that Ted can fit (he's big).

v0.11 - 15/07/2013 16:30 CEST
  • removed the truly useless "favorites" feature ;)
  • updated remaining data to reflect patch 1.21 changes.
  • nautsbuilder data is automatically updated from the spreadsheet every 2 days (changed from once a week).

v0.10 - 25/07/2013 21:40 CEST
  • new feature: favorites list! Star builds, name them, share them. The list is stored directly on your computer.
  • added a favicon.
  • Lonestar: fixed Bull slow durations (they do not stack anymore).
  • Ayla: fixed bonus DPS (doesn't stack anymore with normal DPS).

v0.9 - 28/06/2013
  • updated data to match 1.20 patch changes
  • all 'nauts now have fully detailed DPS info \o/ Lonestar, Leon, Vinnie among others now have fully detailed damage info. Bonus damage like godfish or yakoiza are now usually shown with real values instead of simple "+x dmg"
  • when possible, DOT "dps" is also shown
  • the Nautsbuilder now has its logo on homepage thanks to Ronimo staff!
  • reading 'nauts data from nautsbuilder server instead of direct access to google spreadsheet. This prevents rare access bugs (see pages ~21) and makes the app slightly quicker
  • server data is updated from spreadsheet data at least once a week automatically if I do not update it manually.
  • incorrect stages in urls (ie a "4" representing an upgrade that has only 2 stages) are handled correctly and don't crash a build anymore
  • forum view: "build order" tab is hidden if not needed

v0.8 - 13/06/2013
  • special `build` BBCode to integrate the Nautsbuilder right here in the forum thanks to Joost! Make a build and copy/paste the BBCode snippet (visible in the bottom right of the website).
  • Starting consolenauts support! For now only available via direct url because of the data not being 100% ready: http://nautsbuilder.com/#console. Console data is available here.
  • ~beta support. New 'nauts can now be included as soon as they're in beta if you want. Set the 'naut's beta flag to 1 in the spreadsheet and go as usual. Ayla is almost ready thanks to nokos.

v0.7 - 06/05/2013 21:30 CEST
  • build ordeeeeeeer! drag and drop to modify the build order.
  • compact view on full build. When every skill is maxed out, inactive upgrades are hidden to take less space.
  • using game font (zekton)
  • renamed "steps" to "stages"
  • 'nauts list is now made of true links so that we can open them in new tab/window easily

v0.6 - 03/05/2013 23:00 CEST
  • urls should work better now!
  • Vinnie & Spike: corrected Dead Seahorse Head and Withered President Mask
  • Yuri's Laser: added an avg dps and a max charge dps
  • Skølldir: fixed Firefox being mega slow because of the ø

v0.5 - 02/05/2013 19:45 CEST
  • added a navigation bar on the build screen. Allowing to go to home or directly to another 'naut. Watch out: urls currently still bugging (you can't go back with the native browser back button, and build is kept between 'nauts, ...).
  • added reset buttons to each skill and to the whole build.
  • urls are now case insensitive
  • enhanced clunk's damage attribute thanks to Devenger, fixed Yuri's damage /2.5 division with all its +damage upgrades
  • added a small yellow gradient on the home page to reflect (a liiittttlee bit) the corresponding in-game screen.
  • removed 'naut description when hovering its image

v0.4.2 - 02/05/2013 01:00 CEST
  • numbers: % values are not calculated when supposed to be only added (ie Yuri's bubble), Divisions are understood (ie Yuri's bomb damages)
  • skolldir and clunk damage are correctly processed
  • small perf changes, should consume less memory

v0.3 - 30/04/2013 14:00 CEST
  • 'naut chooser page: small screens are handled better
  • data caching system: the app is ready to be faster!. When out of dev, and 100% sure correct data, all 'nauts' data will be stored on your computer after you load it a first time. It will be stored until the app is updated to let it know there is new data in the spreadsheet (or when you manually empty your browser's local storage).
  • besides data caching system, loading time has been improved (lazy loading of some data).

Last edited by r0estir0bbe on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 79 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Build Maker
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:19 pm 

Looks pretty cool.

You might later on also add Driods/Turrets DPS or something like that.

I'll find this quite helpful when it's done, keep it up! :)

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:57 pm 

Looks potentially useful. Good job! :)

But will need a lot of additional information like DPS, total cost and the level required to obtain it.

My YouTube gameplay
http://tinyurl.com/nss6dd9

Just the YouTube Beginner Guides
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q195aIf ... wil0hSJ0IO

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:28 pm 

Hmmm, by "Droids/Turrets DPS", you mean the usual character DPS is changed when hitting droids and turrets? If so, is there any concrete numbers somewhere? Couldn't find it on the wiki.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:58 pm 

Wow awesome! I was thinking that something like this would be really useful for sharing builds. So you click together a build and then generate a url that you can post in the forums. Another awesome idea would be to be able to set a build order as well, so you have a pretty complete guide just on the one page!

Really nice work!

edit: just saw you have already implemented this ;) so cool!

Last edited by electro_fiend on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:58 pm 

Oooh, I was thinking of doing something like this when I had the time, but you've beaten me to it! :D

(This is how I build Leon nowadays: http://manu.habite.la/nautsbuilder/#leo ... 0001021010)

That's rather nifty how you just embed all the data about the build in the web address, though as a strategy it might have its limits.

Being able to see the total Solar price of a current build (and possibly also cost-by-row) would be massively enlightening, and save us theory-crafters a lot of time.

In terms of illustrating a point on these forums, perhaps the most useful extension of this would be having a build order be encoded into the web address too, and letting users step-through a build order and see how the numbers change.

EDIT: bah electro_fiend, you ninja you

I like videos.
Clunk Spring Airshot - Lonestar Perfect Bull - 1.18.4b Hybrid Derpl - Voltar says NO

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:01 pm 

Heres my build

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:25 pm 

Thanks again :D

About the build order thing, yeah I have that in mind but hey, one thing at a time ;)

Currently building a better UI with DPS, steps, solar info, etc.

Yeah Devenger, storing everything in the URL has its limits. The skills and upgrades are seen as a grid of 28 bricks (4x7), translated as a block of 28 characters in the URL, each character representing the skill/upgrade state (inactive = 0, active or step 1 = 1, step = 2, ...).
That means that if one day, a "brick" changes, ie an upgrade gets replaced by another one, the app won't notice the change. That might be tricky, but I wanted to do all the development client-side and I think this is not a deal breaker ;)

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:42 pm 

Leimi wrote:
Yeah Devenger, storing everything in the URL has its limits. The skills and upgrades are seen as a grid of 28 bricks (4x7), translated as a block of 28 characters in the URL, each character representing the skill/upgrade state (inactive = 0, active or step 1 = 1, step = 2, ...).
That means that if one day, a "brick" changes, ie an upgrade gets replaced by another one, the app won't notice the change. That might be tricky, but I wanted to do all the development client-side and I think this is not a deal breaker ;)

Yup, keeping things clientside is cool.

You've probably already thought of this, but if you wanted to play with fire, you could compress the URL more by exploiting the fact that no upgrade slot can have more than 5 states (0/1/2/3/4 ranks purchased), then represent two slots in one character by mapping 25 letters to the 25 different possible combinations (e.g. where 1 <= ch <= 25, first slot's rank is floor(ch / 5), second slot's rank is ch mod 5).

Upgrade paths can be trivially represented as a string of characters where each character has 28 possibilities and maps to one of the slots, though in the worst case (lots of multi-stage upgrades) this string could be lots of characters (certainly no more than 100, quite realistically more than 40).

No, I'm not procrastinating from my own programming work, why do you ask? :?

I like videos.
Clunk Spring Airshot - Lonestar Perfect Bull - 1.18.4b Hybrid Derpl - Voltar says NO

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:47 pm 

Best. Leon. Build. Ever; http://manu.habite.la/nautsbuilder/#leon_chameleon/0000000000000010010001000010

Nice work though, I have no idea how any of this works, but having the whole thing as 1 neat image would be really useful for posting in the forums. But if we had it for all characters with solar costs I reckon it would see a lot of use.

┌ᾮ┘ wrote:
Very good changes to Max, you've taken modest compromise approach to balance many of his upgrades, which is probably the most reasonable thing to do.