Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 63  Next

Post subject: Re: [WIP v0.5] Nautsbuilder - create and share builds with e
 Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:25 am 

I just wanted to point out that on Gnaw's profile the Dental Braces skill is incorrectly adding 2.5 seconds to the duration of the damage over time on bite, instead of decreasing it by the same amount. I apologize if there was a better place to point this out and keep up the good work!

Post subject: Re: [WIP v0.5] Nautsbuilder - create and share builds with e
 Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:26 am 

Fixed, thanks.

Post subject: Re: [WIP v0.6] Nautsbuilder - create and share builds with e
 Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:06 pm 

Hey, bump to 0.6!

Urls should work way better now :) If you have a bug related to the urls, please report it to me and be as accurate as possible in what you did to have it.

Globally I think I corrected all specific character needs.

I think we're close to 1.0 :)

Please, test as much as you can and report anything strange happening here. Thanks in advance.

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:39 pm 

Suggestions:
  • You should take my consideration of changing the fonts to the official Awesomenauts ones. I see from a quick look at the source, that you pull them off of Google's sources.
  • You should plug the patch notes in its own page, and just quote them from here. It would also omit you having to bump the thread so often. Also, having an in-line page of this thread might be neat as well.
  • You should use the actual in-game biographies instead of the full ones provided by the Wikia, but meh.
  • Have patch note history for builds? Dunno.
  • You should add vs Structure DPS on auto-attacks (actually, now that I think about it, some of the skills in this game are very poorly conveyed, such as Snipe not being able to do damage on Structures while her little AA can).

Also, some documentation.
  1. The heading of the page has a typo - "Awesomenauts builder: skills calculator, skills simulator - Make and share you awesomenauts builds!"
    Awesomenauts should be capitalized (as it is a proper name), Awesomenauts Builder should be capitalized or changed (i.e. 'Nautsbuilder /'NautsBuilder).
  2. On my browser, in the builds, there is some graphical overlap for the blocks on the values.
  3. Should the word "step" be replaced with "stage"? I don't know what the game officially states it as, but the community refers to each upgrade increase as a Stage, and not a Step.
  4. There are grammatical errors in certain upgrades (Vinnie / Genji, also there are the same errors in the game), and some biographies have grammatical mistakes.
  5. Clunk's list doesn't shift properly when Salvo Pack is selected - Range gets cut off. This happens for a few other upgrades as well.
  6. The Gnaw Weedling icon is outdated - he can only pick up a maximum of 2. This is an issue with the Wiki, I'll maybe edit the source.
  7. There is conflicting information - for Power Pills Turbo/Light, we list that you start with +X Health, but for Monarch Blessing, we list that you get +X Max Health. Med-I'-Can also lists that you get +X Health Per Min(ute), so this may be misleading and conveys improper information.
  8. Grid Trap / Nuke for Derpl should have a forward slash instead of a backslash.

anything mikal has ever said is automatically funny and i would recommend avoiding that garbage *

I've officially quit endorsing Ronimo due to how Machiel handled a certain scenario involving user harassment.

Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:11 am 

Thanks for all the suggestions!
MikalMirkas wrote:
You should take my consideration of changing the fonts to the official Awesomenauts ones. I see from a quick look at the source, that you pull them off of Google's sources.

Yup, not forgetting it :) FIY the Awesomenauts font is not available on Google webfonts (what you saw is just an old test I didn't remove), but that's not a problem.

Quote:
You should use the actual in-game biographies instead of the full ones provided by the Wikia, but meh.
There are grammatical errors in certain upgrades (Vinnie / Genji, also there are the same errors in the game), and some biographies have grammatical mistakes.

Oh well. My english is not perfect. I opened up write-access to the sheet again, if you want to put the in-game bio and correct the english errors you saw, go for it :)

Quote:
Have patch note history for builds? Dunno.

I don't know if I should handle patch notes. We could have builds tied to a patch (ie a url would be nautsbuilder/1.17/leon_chameleon/01020102....) and one spreadsheet for each different patch. But that would mean you have to update your build for each patch. Gah.. any way, will think about it.

Quote:
You should add vs Structure DPS on auto-attacks (actually, now that I think about it, some of the skills in this game are very poorly conveyed, such as Snipe not being able to do damage on Structures while her little AA can).

Well, I asked before about the "structure DPS", I don't know anything about it except that Coco has an upgrade for it. Your info is welcomed!

Quote:
On my browser, in the builds, there is some graphical overlap for the blocks on the values.

Yeah, noticed that too :/ Since you can hover your mouse on the values to seel them all, I put that aside for the moment but yeah we'll need a proper solution.

Quote:
Should the word "step" be replaced with "stage"? I don't know what the game officially states it as, but the community refers to each upgrade increase as a Stage, and not a Step.

Ok, will make the change.

Quote:
There is conflicting information - for Power Pills Turbo/Light, we list that you start with +X Health, but for Monarch Blessing, we list that you get +X Max Health. Med-I'-Can also lists that you get +X Health Per Min(ute), so this may be misleading and conveys improper information.

I think Med-i'-can is fine as is (like other buffs that add Health Per Min). I don't know about Monarch Blessing but pretty much all the data is took from the wiki. Better to leave it as is I guess?

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:26 am 

Leimi wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions!
Yup, not forgetting it :) FIY the Awesomenauts font is not available on Google webfonts (what you saw is just an old test I didn't remove), but that's not a problem.

k
Quote:
Oh well. My english is not perfect. I opened up write-access to the sheet again, if you want to put the in-game bio and correct the english errors you saw, go for it :)

I'll edit it tomorrow, I'm very tired and I have to edit my Leon guide as well.
Quote:
I don't know if I should handle patch notes. We could have builds tied to a patch (ie a url would be nautsbuilder/1.17/leon_chameleon/01020102....) and one spreadsheet for each different patch. But that would mean you have to update your build for each patch. Gah.. any way, will think about it.

It doesn't really matter. One could just keep the old databases on a different spreadsheet, and have an entirely different instance of the builder loaded.
Quote:
Well, I asked before about the "structure DPS", I don't know anything about it except that Coco has an upgrade for it. Your info is welcomed!

k
Chart:
X's DPS vs Structures with Y (Y does Z base DMG): Base Damage% / DoT/Other (if applicable)%

//NOTE: In all cases where odd damage is divided by two (50% against Turrets) and rounding down, I'm treating it as 49%. I'm not completely sure how damage is rounded.
Froggy's DPSvS on Splash Dash: 0%
Froggy's DPSvS on Tornado Move: 50%
Froggy's DPSvS on AA: 100%
Lonestar's DPSvS on Dynamite: 50% / 100% (Incendiary)
Lonestar's DPSvS on Hyper Bull: 50% (Explosion) / 0% (Viking)
Lonestar's DPSvS on Blaster: 100% / 50% (Missiles)
Leon's DPSvS on Tongue Snatch: 0%
Leon's DPSvS on Cloaking Skin: 50% (Slash) / 20% (Explosion; 25 does 5 and 50 does 10)
Leon's DPSvS on Slash: 100%
Clunk's DPSvS on Vacuum Bite: 0%
Clunk's DPSvS on Explode: 50%
Clunk's DPSvS on Missiles: 100%
Voltar's DPSvS on Drones: 50% (Shot) / 50% (Explosion)
Gnaw's DPSvS on Spit: 0%
Gnaw's DPSvS on Bite: 100%/0% (DoT)
Gnaw's DPSvS on Weedlings: Estimated 49%, (rounds down)
Coco's DPSvS on Ball Lightning: 0% / Estimated 9% (15 does 1, 20 and 25 do 2, 30 and 35 do 3)
Coco's DPSvS on Shock: Estimated 80% (11 does 9, 9 does 7, 7 does 6, 5 does 4)
Skolldir's DPSvS on Mighty Throw: 0% (Throw) / 50% (Gnome)
Skolldir's DPSvS on Earthquake: 0%
Skolldir's DPSvS on Bash: 50%
Yuri's DPSvS on Mines: 50%
Yuri's DPSvS on Laser: 49% (4 does 2, 5 does 2, 6 does 3, 7 does 3)
Raelynn's DPSvS on Time Rift: 0% (not including the Sawblade)
Raelynn's DPSvS on Snipe: 0%
Raelynn's DPSvS on Cuddles: 100%
Derpl's DPSvS on Nuke: 50%
Derpl's DPSvS on Turretshot: 50%
Derpl's DPSvS on Cats: 49% (7 does 3, 9 does 4, 11 does 5, 13 does 6, 20 does 10, odd damage might always be rounded down, I can't be certain because of Derpl's damage outputs - evens are always 49/50%, and odds are always 49%, therefore you could double check these values and due to rounding, one could say that due to rounding, the 50% proofs are invalid and it's only either 49% or 100%)
V&S's DPSvS on Spike Dive: 50%
V&S's DPSvS on Bubbles: 100%
Genji's DPSvS on Cocoon: No effect therefore 0% (All damage upgrades excluding Polymorph)
Genji's DPSvS on Auto-Attack: 100%
Quote:
Yeah, noticed that too :/ Since you can hover your mouse on the values to seel them all, I put that aside for the moment but yeah we'll need a proper solution.

k
Quote:
I think Med-i'-can is fine as is (like other buffs that add Health Per Min). I don't know about Monarch Blessing but pretty much all the data is took from the wiki. Better to leave it as is I guess?

Wiki has no standard for data collection. I edit it when I can't stand the inaccuracies or outdated/wrong information. It's misleading, we just have to change PPT/PPL from +X Health to +X Max Health. It's a simple change.

anything mikal has ever said is automatically funny and i would recommend avoiding that garbage *

I've officially quit endorsing Ronimo due to how Machiel handled a certain scenario involving user harassment.

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:35 am 

This would probably take some time to make (and maybe mess up how the URLs work) but a nifty idea would be able to toggle a mode where the builder notes down the order in which you buy stuff in a list to the right hand side.

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:29 am 

Sam! wrote:
This would probably take some time to make (and maybe mess up how the URLs work) but a nifty idea would be able to toggle a mode where the builder notes down the order in which you buy stuff in a list to the right hand side.

I believe he stated that it's on a to-do list, in the previous pages.

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:05 am 

Sweet :)

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:18 am 

Sam! wrote:
Sweet :)

In addition, this could be an easy way to manage the build order - http://smnc.lennardf1989.com/Calculator/ - just integrate the addition of icons upon initial upgrade selection.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 63  Next