Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: ALP: The Rookie Royale - Draft Statistics Published!
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:11 pm 

7/9/17

Hello everyone!

Wanted to make a quick update today regarding our recently published Draft Statistics from our past event, The Rookie Royale!

You can check it out in the Balance Sub-Forum here: http://bit.ly/2tY24Ql

We'll be posting more information in the coming weeks involving The Showcase & developments regarding the public ALP Discord. (Which you can join from this link here: https://discord.gg/ZvR2evH )

Thanks for reading!

From
-Alexeus & The ALP Initiative

7/2/17

Hello Everyone!

The Rookie Royale - Week 3 Broadcast is LIVE over @ https://www.twitch.tv/awesomenautsleagueproject Featuring Uberransy & Devmon!

With a few improvements made to our Stream Production & Community Promotions, we hope that all of you will enjoy today's Broadcast!

See you there!

From

6/28/17

Hello Everyone!

The Rookie Royale’s 2nd Replay Analysis stream, hosted by bOdy_hUnter_PT & Jambo, will be starting today at 16:00 UTC.

Here is a list for North American Time-Zones:

-9:00 AM Pacific
-11:00 AM Central
-12:00 PM Eastern

You can watch the stream over on our twitch channe
l: www.twitch.tv/awesomenautsleagueproject

If you are interested in learning new techniques, strategies, and best practices in competitive, feel free to stop by!

From

6/25/17

Hello Everyone!

The Rookie Royale Week 2 stream is LIVE over at www.twitch.tv/awesomenautsleagueproject

Featuring Uberransy & Devmon as Today's Casters, we're excited to bring you another show!

See you there!

From

6/19/17

Hello everyone!

On Wednesday, we plan to have our first replay analysis stream featuring our coaches bOdy_hUnter_PT & Jambo!

We will be looking at replays that were NOT casted during the livestreams, with the intent being to discuss the flow of the match. Giving tips, suggestions, and general critique in order to guide the teams into better habits and help improve their overall skills.

The stream will begin on June 21st at 16:00 UTC ( 9:00 AM - Pacific 11:00 AM Central - 12:00 PM EST) and will be streamed over at our twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/awesomenautsleagueproject

If any competitors would like to have their replays analyzed, whether they won or lost.

Be sure to ask in the #coaching text channel on our discord server, where they will also be able to talk with you about anything you'd like to learn regarding competitive or nauts in general!

From

6/18/17

Hello Everyone!

I want to make a quick update to all of you regarding one of the many adjustments being made to The Rookie Royale and future ALP endeavors.

--------------------------------------

After a combination of feedback/experience from the first week of the event. We have decided to create and establish a new discord community in order to improve our organization, as well as create a more interconnected hub for everyone to interact with.

If you are not familiar at all with discord, it is a voice/group communication app reminiscent of Skype & Server-Based Text programs, with a focus on ease of use and gaming oriented features.

It is Available on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS and In your browser. As such it is cross-platform and all features/chats can be accessed from any platform using your account at any time!

You can download the program here at: https://discordapp.com/

This means that we will be phasing out our reliance on the Steam Group in favor of our public discord. So all future tournaments in the Rookie Royale, as well as ALL future alp events, will take place in our discord server.

Another benefit to the change you will see is a more direct way of communicating with all of the staff members involved with the event. This includes organizers and coaches as well.

An Important note is that you will need to create and verify your email on Discord before you can enter our group. As we have enabled restrictions to allow only genuine/verified accounts.

Once you have the program downloaded and installed, you will need to enter in our server link in the "Create/Join Server" section of the program. (Should be a Big + Button that will prompt you a new menu specific to your selection.)

After clicking "Join a Server", it will ask you for a link to paste in. After pasting it in, just click join and you will should now be entered into the server.

Here is our Discord Server link: https://discord.gg/ZvR2evH

We will be publishing more information on Adjustments of the event through our Social Channels in the lead-up to the 2nd Week's Tournament.

Thanks for following and joining our Discord Server, See you there!

From

6/17/17

Hello Everyone!

Thanks to all who participated in the first tournament of The Rookie Royale!

While it did have a rocky start at first, we hope that everyone enjoyed their time playing in the event and hope to see you all come around for the 2nd week!

A few changes will be done
to improve the format for the next tournament, so you'll want to check in every now and then for news on the changes.

Registrations for Teams/Free-Agents are now back online as the first tournament has completed. Feel free to register if you haven't already!

Lastly, our first live-stream will begin at 17:00 UTC/12:00 PM Central at: www.twitch.tv/AwesomenautsLeagueProject

From

6/3/17

Hello Everyone!

Today, we are excited to announce that The Rookie Royale forum thread is now LIVE!

Sign ups for Teams, Free-Agents & Coaches are inside the thread, each underneath their own respective sections. With graphics artwork created by the talented Pasha.

You can find everything you need in the forum thread here:
http://bit.ly/2qNr0cs

Be sure to register as soon as you are able, as the event launches June 17th and runs every Saturday until July 1st!

Livestreams
for each of the event will feature some of the highest production values seen for a Tournament since the Warzone Finals & Alienware Awesome Cup.

They will be aired on the Sundays after each bracket at 17:00 UTC!

More information regarding the event will be arriving soon, including details of official staff lists, as well as which channel the streams will be aired on.

Thank you for your continued patience and we hope to see you playing in The Rookie Royale!

From

5/29/17

Hello Everyone!

A Quick update on The Rookie Royale.

The event's launch has been moved to June 17th and will run until July 1st, with livestreams of the event being aired on the Sunday after each bracket!

The Official Forum thread will go live by June 3rd, with the remaining content such as the tutorial resources & other material being provided throughout the lead-up to the event's launch.

For now, here is a small update to the sneak peak image we released a few days ago, in fully animated form: https://streamable.com/lcru9

Thank you for your patience everyone, and we hope to see you there!

From

5/24/17

Hello Everyone.

Unfortunately today I have a bit of bad news regarding the Rookie Royale. Due to a few organizational and scheduling circumstances, we will be postponing the tournament/forum thread release for the event until we can confirm a solid date for you all.

This delay shouldn’t take more than a week or two at max, so expect to hear back from us as soon as we are able too.

In the meantime however, I’d like to share with you a glimpse at the stream visuals we’ve been working on for future ALP shows:

The Rookie Royale Livestreams will feature some of the highest production values ever seen for an Awesomenauts event, surpassing that of previous productions such as the Warzone Finals & Alienware Awesome Cup.

These Production Values will also be consistent throughout future ALP programs as well, with improvements and polish being made for each iteration.

We aim to impress our audiences with the quality of our work, and hope that the time it has taken for our PC Events to begin will have been worth the wait!

We’ll keep you posted as details develop.

From

5/17/17

Hello Everyone!

Today, three new events have been officially unveiled on the May 17th Streamisho!

The Rookie Royale - A Unique matchmaking-like event dedicated to newcomers interested in joining the competitive scene! Alongside you, will be a roster of veteran coaches ready to help you out along the way, with tutorial resources being curated for your convenience! You will also be able to sign up with a Team or Alone for this tournament thanks to it's flexible format!

Forum Thread/Sign-Ups will be arriving soon!

The Showcase
- An Invitational exclusive to the top talents in the competitive scene. Where we follow the competitor's efforts in a multi-stage bracket to prove who among them reigns supreme! With a $200 Cash Prize minimum, it will be an event to look out for!

More information will be shared as The Showcase develops!

PS4 Console Clash 3 - The Third Iteration of the Console Clash series is coming, which will be following the same format once again with a prize of $60 for the first place team!

-------------------------------------------------------

We hope that everyone will enjoy the events we have to offer and continues to follow the project!

If you would like to help out the project in anyway, either by providing man-power, through donations, or anything else. Please contact me through a PM on the forums or an email to AwesomenautsLeagueProject@gmail.com !

Stay tuned!

From

5/16/17

Hello everyone!

A quick update today, as I am pleased to announce that we will be revealing Three new Events on the May 17th Streamisho!

Tune in at http://www.twitch.tv/ronimogames on Wednesday!
Starting at 17:00 EU / 16:00 UK / 11AM ET / 8AM PT!

Looking forward to seeing you there!

From

3/4/2017

CONSOLE CLASH 2 - LIVE COVERAGE!

Day 1 - Top 4 Finalists

#1 CleanUp Crew
#2 WWJVDD?
#3 Flash Me Your Noobs
#4 Les Gogols

Live Bracket:

Finals Bracket:
http://challonge.com/5j2135jl
Pools Bracket: http://challonge.com/qtd6w379
Teams checked in: 6/8

Last Console Clash Results:

Previous Champion: W.A.R Loaders (Clean-Up Crew)
Runner-Up: Joost Van Dongen (WWJVDD?)

Team’s Twitch.TV Channels:

LIVE -Finals!-

WWJVDD?: www.twitch.tv/TheUnholyIcon & www.twitch.tv/omega_j
CleanUp Crew: www.twitch.tv/ConkerTheNarwhal & www.twitch.tv/zinoidies
Flash Me Your Noobs!: https://www.twitch.tv/a1zsauce

-Pools-

" Gang - Gang " the truth: www.twitch.tv/jeanbilsbenz & www.twitch.tv/nizstar2k
Mr Rodgers' Owls: No stream available.
Les Gogols: No stream available.
Perdenauts!: No stream available.
Flash Me Your Noobs: No stream available.
Garbage: No stream available.

1/20/2017

Hello everyone!

It’s been a few months since the last update regarding the Awesomenauts League Project, and I apologize for not having pushed out many updates since the last one.

That being said, we have not gone out of commission and are still working on the league’s groundwork to this very day behind closed doors.

To explain, the delays have mostly been due to us taking our time with the organization and ensuring that we establish a solid foundation for the project. In part also, because we’ve seen a few methods pop up over the past few months that would allow us to deliver on not just some of our optional goals, but new ideas that have been never before seen within the Awesomenauts community.

As a result of that, we’ve slowed down on the constant updates and began to focus solely on our work of delivering an extensive event line-up and polishing our organization before launch.

So with that being said, you won’t see as many updates as before, despite that our team will be working on something else to make up for it.

In order to properly introduce everything that’s been going on. We can confirm that our team will have an official Presentation Stream where we will showcase all aspects of the league’s structure, features, and production once everything is set in stone.

For the most part, our dates have been tentative in regards to launch.We are currently aiming for Q2 of 2017, though if the project calls for it, we will adjust plans accordingly.

Since our work has made quite a bit progress over the past few months, we will likely start sending out Surveys/Questionnaires in the coming weeks for various topics.

Among other things, I can also confirm a few bits of information for competitors interested in participating in the future, or outsiders looking towards the project to view or assist in it’s endeavors.

-----KEY TOPICS-----

-THE MAIN-LINE TOURNAMENTS-

Our four major tournaments have been growing in size and structure since they were first announced.

To explain, the Main-Line Series of tournaments will be the ALP’s headline events where most of our production focus will be centered on.

Each of these will have a similar prize-pool, with cash prizes and other potential goods being among the main rewards for participating.

Also, the Main-Events will feature a multi-stage structure that includes several methods of earning a spot within the finals bracket. As development continues, more details about this will be shared at a later date.

-1V1 & 2V2 SIDE-EVENTS-

Alongside the Main-Line tournaments, there will also be a variety of events for other styles of play.

We can confirm that 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments are among the Side-Events in planning for the league, of which the two are planned to be an on-going series of tournaments throughout the year.

Currently, we are looking into different styles of play to incorporate into these side-events for both the casual & competitive crowd. Stayed tuned for more information about these events.

-EVENTS FOR NEWCOMERS-

For as long as I’ve made events, there have always been one particular type of comment that remains evident.

Of which is the desire for tournaments or events that would be aimed at new players of whom have not played in a competitive setting before, as well as having the preference of a friendlier atmosphere.

I can confirm that alongside the series of Main-Line tournaments within the league, that Tournaments dedicated to newcomers are in the works and will launch around the start of the league.

-UNITY RULE-SET-

As our events begin to increase in numbers, the need of having a stable rule-set is also very prevalent for our works going forward.

For all of our events, we will be utilizing a shared rule-set which contains consistent rules that will apply to all events produced by us with only situational changes being applied. (Such as any different rules for a special event or the like.)

-THE RETURN OF CONSOLE CLASH-

Ever since the first tournament for the PS4 back in November, I’ve had a desire to return to the console-space with new events for both platforms as part of the ALP initiative.

So with the prior already stated, I can also confirm that the Console Clash Series will return to PS4 within the coming months, along with a potential XB1 event in some form as well.

Players of both platforms can expect to see these events happen around or before the official launch of the ALP project, so stay tuned for more information on the series!

-CASH PRIZE MINIMUMS/COMMUNITY FUNDS-

Since cash prizes are a common request for rewards in tournaments, we can promise that there will be some amounts planned for the league. With that being stated however, we must establish a core difference in what we mean by this, and how we will go about it.

Cash Prize Minimums are the cash prizes that are guaranteed to be received directly from the organization. In other words funds that I will personally invest into the events, or funds that will be given out without any issue.

Community Funds are cash donations given by respective members of the community who would be willingly helping out with the prize pool’s rewards. These funds will be added into their respective events and discussed with the contributors accordingly. Contributors will also be given credit for their help throughout the events as a respective donor for the events they have assisted in.

Lastly, since each contributor could have potential issues with going through on funding. We are going to be observant of who we allow to assist us, and enforce blacklists on those who have issues with that for the future of our organization, and other Tournament Organizers interested in seeking financial assistance.

-$200 CASH PRIZE MINIMUMS FOR MAIN-LINE EVENTS-

With the information established prior, I can definitively say that the minimums for each of the four main events will be within the $200 range.

We are still working on a means to increase the prize pools for each one, though we can promise that the base amounts will be as such. Depending on the situation on my end and throughout the events, I may be able to commit more if I have the means to do so.

-----END OF UPDATE-----

That is all for this update. Hopefully with an outline of what to expect you will be excited for whats to come in the future of our organization. Updates are planned to be released as progress continues whenever our team has enough to showcase.

With everything said and done, thank you for reading our update! If you’d like to contact us in any way, shape or form. Please send us an email at AwesomenautsLeagueProject@gmail.com or a private message to me on the forums.

Have a good day everyone!

From
-Alexeus & The ALP Team

Last edited by Alexeus on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:57 am, edited 55 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts League Project: Announcement/A Work In Prog
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:11 pm 

-ARCHIVE-

Updates:

10/1/16

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since the last update and while there hasn't been much to talk about lately, there will be a few things I'm planning to do within the next month or so for the ALP initiative.

Today will be the first day of the Console Clash tournament on Playstation 4, and with it came quite a learning experience in working on consoles.
The differences between the platform's game versions, as well as how the ecosystems of each work in terms of communication regarding these events is interesting to me to say the least.

So far it's made me appreciate the benefits we take for granted on the PC version of the game and what they do to make our tournaments easier, and much more versatile as far as production goes.

In the future I would like to share a few things I've learned regarding the platforms for interested tournament organizers/event makers who wish to get a head-start and tips for what to expect in the process of making such things, perhaps I'll make a general guide for tournament hosting/creation for both PC/Console as an optional goal for the ALP.

Anyway, going back to Console Clash for a second. Assuming all is successful with it's launch, I definitely wouldn't mind looking into making this a monthly or bi-monthly sort of deal in order to give those communities something to look forward to in the coming months. Perhaps that is what's needed to regain some of the lost interest people have had on the consoles.

Lastly, as I'm sure people have been wondering. I do intend to get some more info out regarding the PC side of things as there's quite a bit I'd like to talk about that will still need some time to think/discuss about.

I'll also be looking into something else to do alongside Console Clash in the coming months for the PC that will help me readjust to things or learn something new as it has been a while since I've done this sort of thing. :P

Alongside that, there are a few certain aspects that I'd like to ask the community about in the future. Such as what kind of formats for tournaments people would like to see in the future, changes/suggestions to improve the quality of life in these upcoming events as well as general ideas for events/tournaments that would be interesting to see.

Since this is something I'm making with and for the community in mind, I'd prefer it if I knew it would be something that people would generally want or expect to see in the future of ALP from their experiences participating in or watching tournaments.

So with all that said, we hope that the Console Community will enjoy the work our team has done so far, and that all of you have a good time for the coming months!

Thanks for reading all this and stay tuned for new updates in the future!

From
-Alexeus & The Awesomenauts League Project Team

9/04/16

Hey folks! Wanted to post another update for today!

We’ve officially announced our first foray into PS4 Tournaments with the recent announcement of Console Clash!
A tournament series specifically made for the console versions of Awesomenauts to celebrate the upcoming patch.

Thanks to the assistance of fellow PS4 community members such as Aaron12906m & TheUnholyicon: I’ve been able to learn more about the differences/capabilities of the platform as well being able to adjust our method of hosting tournaments to better fit console-play.

Currently the first Console Clash tournament will remain exclusive to Playstation 4 due to a few reasons.

-Low Manpower, alas we can’t create tournaments for both consoles at once yet.
-Inexperience in both of the Console’s Respective Ecosystems.
-Xbox One audience will need to stabilize a bit first before anything.

Despite it all, I’m personally excited to see how this tournament will turn out as it’s something I haven’t really done before in Awesomenauts. Here’s to hoping this tournament will reinvigorate the PS4 Competitive scene and possibly inspire more tournaments to be made for both consoles!

The first Console-Clash will begin on October 1st and end on October 2nd with check-in/bracket start times at 14:00/15:00 UTC respectively. You can find out more about Console-Clash in it’s own thread here:
http://bit.ly/2bV4qnZ

We are slowly progressing with other aspects of the league project, and down the road I will be opening up discussion threads to see what kind of aspects regarding tournaments we can improve upon, similarly to how Warzone’s approach to it was.

Thanks for reading up and stay tuned for more updates down the road!

8/24/16

Hello everyone! A quick update I wanted to give out regarding a few things about the project as of now.

First off, we've gotten a few offers of assistance so far and I have to thank you particular few for coming forward with your help! Any and all assistance is 100% appreciated and will help us achieve goals that would have been much more difficult without.

In relation to the above, there has been some progress in regards to the console-specific tournaments plan we outlined under our optional goals, thanks to some outreach from enthusiastic members of the PS4 community.

Due to their help, we are starting to look into plans of creating a line of tournaments dedicated for the PS4 Version of Awesomenauts.

The other piece of good news from their assistance is that these tournaments might start within the next month or so, in order to coincide with the upcoming patches to the PS4 as well as the imminent release of the Xbox One Version.

Progress of the PC-Exclusive Main-Line tournaments are slowly progressing, but we promise to talk more about them once we have fleshed out what we want to achieve.

We'd also like to hear from interested followers regarding ideas for Side-Events and the kind of things you would like to see from a Viewer's perspective during live-streams. Ideas/Feedback are welcome within reason!

That's the gist of what's been happening lately, stay tuned for more information and have a good one!

From

P.S: We'll eventually move the general info section underneath to the reserved post after a certain amount of updates have been posted to reduce clutter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL INFO

Hello, Everyone!

So this thread is a little different then what I'm used too since this is more of a long-term announcement then a short-term one. However I wanted to get the word out, so that everyone may know what to expect.

Today, I wanted to state that I plan to comeback to creating tournaments next year but I wanted to try
and make something that certain people have been asking me about for a while now. And that is a type of league that envelops multiple tournaments under it’s name, sort of similar to how the APL was back in the day.

In other words, I plan to make a Year-Long Tournament season that I hope to feature a multitude of competitive as well as casual events that are linked together in a way that can encourage more activity into the current scene.

Currently, I have begun discussing with my team on the finer details of the project, but here’s a general outline of what’s to come:

CURRENT PLANS

4 Main-Line Tournaments:
-Spaced apart by months at a time.
-Unique Themes Applied to each.
-Rule-set/Formats with Community Input
-Consistent Production Value for Streams
-Potential Cash Prizes & Other rewards (TBD)

Side-Events:
A Mix of Casual/Competitive events that don’t follow standard tournament rule-sets or are experimental events.

For example:
-Newbies Only Tournaments
-Singles/Doubles Leagues
-Game-Mode Centric Events: (TDM, Full Solar, Other Custom rule-sets.) (Possibly from the Community)
-Roster vs Roster (Captain’s Select players vs Another Captain’s own players)
-Casual-Oriented events. (Ideas similar to the Popular Challengenauts by Zold/Corpit)

Team/Player Statistics Tracking:

-Wins/Loss Records in all tournaments/events. (Side-Events pending)
-Individual Player Records in events. (Such as Overall K/D, Turrets, Droid Kills: All-Time)
-History Record of Past Tournaments
-Overall Rankings for Teams/Players

OPTIONAL, BUT IDEAL PLANS

- Region-Specific Tournaments
- Console-Specific Tournaments
- Podcasts
- Dedicated Tutorial Series into Competitive Nauts
- Tournament Creation Tutorial for Interested People.
- Sponsorship
- Physical Prizes
- Custom Website for everything involving the project.

UPDATES/RECRUITMENT/CONTACT

Now obviously something of this magnitude is not something that can be done overnight and requires time and a lot of effort from all parties involved. Part of which also relies on the community’s feedback and participation to make these events prosper and take off.

Throughout the project’s production, we will update everyone on new developments as well as information for each of the respective event's dates/formats/and prizes. We will also ask for input on rule-set changes, stream experiences, what you want to see and various other things in order to create something that caters to everyone.

If you are interested in assisting the league project: whether it be with filling a position, donations to prizes, helping moderate chat, or anything that you are able help to us with. Then do please contact our staff directly on steam or shoot an e-mail at awesomenautsleagueproject@gmail.com and we’ll keep in touch.

Alexeus: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033986343/

I’ll add news & update this thread as time goes on, thanks for reading!

-Alexeus & Friends

Last edited by Alexeus on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:04 pm 

Neat-o

God's work my dude.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:24 am 

alexeus puts the a e and u in awesomenauts

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:24 am 

Oh, I remember you, in game.

How do you take the Newbies Only Req, wondering about that.

I'd probably be interested in the solo one, considering it'd be the only time I could actually try in this game and not feel like *.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:53 am 

Alexeus is the hero we need and who we deserve. :thumb:

Hopefully things will go well for you, Alexeus. :monkey:

Maple syrup, hockey sticks, maple leaf, igloo, polar bear, butter tarts, hockey, poutine, eh.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:01 pm 

This is sick. I hope it pans out. The Mean Meme Machine hasn't really been playing since early June or so, but we'd be likely to come back for something like this

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:32 pm 

I would love to, but last time we played together you scolded me for being in your team.

I hope your plans will work fine tho.

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts League Project: PS4 Tournaments Coming Soon
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:00 am 

Updates:

8/24/16

Hello everyone! A quick update I wanted to give out regarding a few things about the project as of now.

First off, we've gotten a few offers of assistance so far and I have to thank you particular few for coming forward with your help! Any and all assistance is 100% appreciated and will help us achieve goals that would have been much more difficult without.

In relation to the above, there has been some progress in regards to the console-specific tournaments plan we outlined under our optional goals, thanks to some outreach from enthusiastic members of the PS4 community.

Due to their help, we are starting to look into plans of creating a line of tournaments dedicated for the PS4 Version of Awesomenauts.

The other piece of good news from their assistance is that these tournaments might start within the next month or so, in order to coincide with the upcoming patches to the PS4 as well as the imminent release of the Xbox One Version.

Progress of the PC-Exclusive Main-Line tournaments are slowly progressing, but we promise to talk more about them once we have fleshed out what we want to achieve.

We'd also like to hear from interested followers regarding ideas for Side-Events and the kind of things you would like to see from a Viewer's perspective during live-streams. Ideas/Feedback are welcome within reason!

That's the gist of what's been happening lately, stay tuned for more information and have a good one!

From

P.S: We'll eventually move the general info section underneath to the reserved post after a certain amount of updates have been posted to reduce clutter.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:11 am 

Wakkabanana wrote:
Oh, I remember you, in game.

How do you take the Newbies Only Req, wondering about that.

I'd probably be interested in the solo one, considering it'd be the only time I could actually try in this game and not feel like *.

We have been tossing around ideas about how newbie-centric tournaments could work and while we haven't established anything for one yet, I do believe it would need to be approached from an angle that promotes practice and just having fun over the standard formats of aiming to be the best.

It will probably end up requiring us to research the teams/players a tad bit before play and create a format that focuses more on just playing as many sets as possible and encouraging a friendlier and more relaxed atmosphere than more serious tournaments.

I'm personally looking forward to see if this particular idea will gain traction or not, so I'll see what I can come up with or what other ideas people might have in mind, I'm listening!