Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Droid&Turret skins, Yay! or Nay!
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:07 pm 

So, now that we have skins for characters and droppods, I personally dream that we also could have skins to enchant the look of our whole team, by changing the looks of your team turrets and droids to a different theme! :drone:

For example, pirate theme where droids are small pirate droids with sabels and turrets are wooden ships with cannons. Medieval theme, where droids wear wonky plate mails and turrets are made from stone and shoot arrows. Future/Anime theme, where turrets are futuristic buildings full of neon signs etc.

It could work so, that if one of your team has an army theme, everyone would see it on their screen (including the opponents of course). If 2 or 3 players have themes, and have chosen different themes, the game would pick one of their choices on random (so if 2 have Medieval chosen and 1 has Robot theme, everyone would still have a chance for their theme, but 66% would go for Medieval).

I for one would LOVE to have this and would certainly buy one (or all) of the army themes. :bluecheer: :redcheer:

Post subject: Re: Droid&Turret skins, Yay! or Nay!
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:23 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
I see no reason why not.

There probably is a reason why not, but I cannot see it.

If multiple players were to have different skins for their droids and turrets, I think it should randomise them for each individual unit instead of choosing one for the whole match. Of course, that could produce visual clarity issues.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:46 pm 

Three ways you can do this really:

-Uses the hosts preset turret/droid skin.
-It's random between the teams. So each member of your team is given a number between 1 and 3, the game rng's the number to decide the player and then that decides what your teams turrets/droids look like.
-Droids/Turret skins are exclusive to your screen only.

1st is sadly the most likely to happen if this were to come in, the second one is the best choice though as it allows for visual variety game-to-game and the third choice is the least likely to happen due to how (I assume) awkward it'd be to code.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:50 pm 

Slevens wrote:
Three ways you can do this really:

-Uses the hosts preset turret/droid skin.
-It's random between the teams. So each member of your team is given a number between 1 and 3, the game rng's the number to decide the player and then that decides what your teams turrets/droids look like.
-Droids/Turret skins are exclusive to your screen only.

1st is sadly the most likely to happen if this were to come in, the second one is the best choice though as it allows for visual variety game-to-game and the third choice is the least likely to happen due to how (I assume) awkward it'd be to code.

I don't think it would be that awkward to code - only the numbers are exchanged through the network, the textures are not. So why not have local textures?

However I would prefer either 1) or 2) because i would like to see the opponent's skin instead of viewing just my own

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:19 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Droid skin scenario, as envisioned by me:

Player One is using the Lasers 'n' Droids Medieval Skin
Player Two is using the Loco for Coco Okeanos Skin
Player Three is using the Skroggle Rush Gnaw Skin

As a result, droids spawned could use any of these three skins, with a 33.3...% chance for each. This is randomised for each droid and allows players to maximise their fashion points by communicating with allies before a match starts for that sweet theming bonus. There could even be separate skins for super droids and hummingbirds if we really need to milk those useless Awesomepoints.

Rinse and repeat for turrets, but consider that these are only set once at the start of the match.

Oh, and how about collectable badges that track certain statistics, like double/triple kills with Snipe or hitpoints healed with Healbot. Said badges could display the counter above the 'Naut's head when it increments.

If we are going for themes, why not have custom death effects that display for everyone when you get massacred? Ever wanted to explode into confetti, or detonate with a chibi mushroom cloud? Bonus points for using the broken heart effect (complete with sad violin) while using Teddy Ayla.

Custom shop GUIs and the ability to wager Awesomepoints on the outcome of a match would be nice too, but now I am veering dangerously close to the cliff that is Off-Topic.

EDIT: tumbling down the ravine now:

AwesomePets, because I desperately want a tiny little sawblade droid to follow me around battle making snide remarks each time I get killed. Those of you that have played Borderlands 2 and know what the Morningstar is will know exactly what I am talking about.

That, or a disembodied Voltar head that make cute little tooting noises.

EDIT II: crashing and burning at the bottom of a bottomless pit:

A Player vs. Enemies gamemode that costs Awesomepoints to participate in (not too many, but enough to make it something to earn for) and that offers unique rewards like skins and variations of the other things we have been requesting for years.

If we wanted it to be more accessible, make the supremely hard difficulty (the Awe-come-get-Some Version, if you will) of the PvE matches cost Awesomepoints instead, in exchange for an epic bossfight and super shiny loot.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Last edited by The Lord Protector on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:23 pm 

i'd be more interested in droid themes per map

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:32 pm 

Not paid, please. :sleep:
But more event NPC skins (like the sheep creeps for S&S2) would be fun.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:58 pm 

I would be fine if all droids / turrets looked different on each map

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:09 pm 

Location: Legends say he now resides in a cave, (waiting for someone to challenge him)
there better be a mesozoic theme for turrets/droids.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

http://steamcommunity.com/id/recipefortheperfectafro/

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:24 am 

I would love to see that. Yay!

Nerf Sentry already, srsly...

Enjoying Spec Mode since Q4 2014
Also enjoying HMS since late 2015