Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Things that annoy me
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:22 pm 

There are a few things in this game I really hate. I'll quit a match if somone is doing some of these things. I cant stand people who play to win. Its a GAME. If you get that competative, go play COD.

1) Rage quit because they lost/are loosing
I beat them fair and square and they're quitting out? Pfft, weak.

2)Exploting
Playing an obviously overpowered build? Why? Because its the only way you're gonna win. Shotgun, slow bull, bouncy contact, tripple damege nuke derpl. No.

3) Same charater, same build
Do they not get bored?! Seriously, I swich character every match, otherwise I feel a bit cheap (assuming i win :/)

4) Joining back
Just because you cant keep up with levels, or want to play Shotgun because im beating you. The begining of a game is everything, so i deserve my early levels. And some characters have great counter builds that you're going to use because you know my build now.

5) Team work
Yes, in a 3 vs 1 you are going to win, 'grats, you can rely on other people. Fight me on your own, show some skill

6) Lol, i lost a fight. Better taunt as i run away
When i am in the *breath in* respawn pod, then you have my permission to taunt

7)Bad team-mates
Im sorry, (some) Magikarps. But keep your K/D possative early game.

Post subject: Re: Things that annoy me
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:56 pm 

M_logo wrote:
There are a few things in this game I really hate. I'll quit a match if somone is doing some of these things. I cant stand people who play to win. Its a GAME. If you get that competative, go play COD.

1) Rage quit because they lost/are loosing
I beat them fair and square and they're quitting out? Pfft, weak.

2)Exploting
Playing an obviously overpowered build? Why? Because its the only way you're gonna win. Shotgun, slow bull, bouncy contact, tripple damege nuke derpl. No.

3) Same charater, same build
Do they not get bored?! Seriously, I swich character every match, otherwise I feel a bit cheap (assuming i win :/)

4) Joining back
Just because you cant keep up with levels, or want to play Shotgun because im beating you. The begining of a game is everything, so i deserve my early levels. And some characters have great counter builds that you're going to use because you know my build now.

5) Team work
Yes, in a 3 vs 1 you are going to win, 'grats, you can rely on other people. Fight me on your own, show some skill

6) Lol, i lost a fight. Better taunt as i run away
When i am in the *breath in* respawn pod, then you have my permission to taunt

7)Bad team-mates
Im sorry, (some) Magikarps. But keep your K/D possative early game.

1) I think most players end up leaving because of getting disconnected, but I don't like when my teammate/s just give up in the middle of a game.

2) I don't consider lonestar builds overpowered, he's really squishy and fairly slow. Dodging his bull isn't that hard. Just don't approach his face when he has a free dynamite/bull, bait him then attack. Despite some builds being overpowered, there is an extent to counter them, even if it isn't the most fair thing in your side. And nuke is easy to dodge, yet again don't approach Derpl's face in normal mode so he can snare you.

3) People like to keep playing things they're good at, basically.

4) Never heard of this happening to me. Perhaps rejoining to change character, yes it bugs me a bit.

5)Except this is a teamwork based game, fighting together really helps. This one doesn't bug me, it shows the player actually knows what they're doing. It can be annoying while you're solo queing though, but that's mostly because of uncooperative teammates/bots. Ever seen Leons try to solo against others with high(er) health? Feeders ahoy.

6) I usually taunt when I nearly killed them. Taunts don't bother me that much, maybe a bit annoying when used in excess.

7) No one likes bad teammates unless you got really used to it (when you tolerate it). When you aren't fast enough it can be hard to not die early game. Being with your teammates can save them (and possibly you), though you may have conflicting plans/strategies which is partly (apart from feeding) why several non premade teams lose. Usually I end up having slightly negative stats at the start, but improve later game since I find the late game more important (well my builds are somewhat focused that way).

EDIT: Ah wait, I'm a PC player and you're talking about the console version. My bad, most still applies though. I forgot I was on the console version board (honestly why does it still exist?).

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:41 pm 

Lonestars bull is easy enough to dodge, but not every time.
And once you get slowed, dodging and fighting become near impossible. Its an almost garenteed death. Then the dynamite is just a garenteed hit on something. Turrets crumble eventualy.

If a team of three constantly rely on team tactics rather than skill. Its just not fun to fight.
I dont want to have to always play in a team of three as my best character, just do do decently against a try-hard premade.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:34 pm 

I will join back if I'm playing a not so serious build and a pair of superhardcoremlgpro shotguners join in.

I will also quit out in that situation if my teammates are terrible. I can only carry so much.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:37 am 
Adminaut

Max damage Nuke Derpl isn't OP. It's actually stronger on PC now, funnily enough, and Derpl is still considered UP. :P Of course, it also took a cooldown nerf.

But, hey, you forgot number 8, which goes on about how those evil frogs jump into your base and spawncamp your bots and you. :(

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:59 am 

In the past I used the double slow bull, simply because the majority of the people were using that build so I picked a similar build to counter it and keep up with them (I wasn't very good at the game). Now I prefer to use the damaging exploding bull. It's so much fun to kill an enemy with the bull. :D

Lately, I try out unusual builds, like Slow+lifesteal Coco. It's fun, but I don't think my teammates like my builds. :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:21 am 

M_logo wrote:

2)Exploting

4) Joining back

5) Team work

2) double slow bull user here, used to take splosing one + mature snail to rush turrets, but double slow is just too wicked against pooping yuris/ TF foostied fraggie / or PITA (pain in the a**) coco. (i fairly hate enemy cocos ...)
Regular contact trinamites can actually be more usefull than bouncy one in some situations (traped bush; blocking neutral mobs area in al station 404 ...)

4) LoL @ guys taking turtling nuke derpl after failing with TF fraggie. :lol:

5) These days i enjoy playing random despite having a bunch of wonderfull comrades... until i get trolled hard by premade nauts squads, and switching game, swearing i'll never play it again :lol:
i remember that wrestlemania quote: "powerful alone invincible together" :roll:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:04 am 
Adminaut

zinOldies wrote:
4) LoL @ guys taking turtling nuke derpl after failing with TF fraggie. :lol:

i hate it when people re-join as Derpl and hide behind the base. It's both ineffective and lame. One RBAY Froggy makes them crumble due to a lack of building into nuke. They just build shields and hide, making the shields useless. :P

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:28 pm 

Apart from spam taunting, there's one thing that irks me: after losing to a team, the enemy team isn't willing to do a rematch. Come on, give me the opportunity to get revenge! :cry:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:47 pm 

Some of these apply to you as well. ;)