Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Post subject: Re: The console patching situation
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:41 am 

Why don't you guys just get the PC version? It's not like you need a gaming PC to run Awesomenauts or anything. You can use a controller aswell.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:42 am 

Yes but there are some who cant get pc version

Post Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:48 pm 

Hey Joost can u at least let console gamers know when u will start working on a patch if u are going to at all?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:47 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

ar499m wrote:
Hey Joost can u at least let console gamers know when u will start working on a patch if u are going to at all?

As is explained in the starting post of this topic, there will probably not be any console patches coming anymore at all... :(

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:11 pm 

Joost wrote:
ar499m wrote:

As is explained in the starting post of this topic, there will probably not be any console patches coming anymore at all... :(

But can't you then give console users free acces to the PC version of Awesomenauts or with a (huge) discount? As a kind of sorry for not patching the console version to leave every Awesomenauts user happy. And when a consoleuser already has the PC-version, it could get a few DLC's for free. Joost, what do you think of this idea?

Nickname at Steam, Tweakers, AVG etc.: mrtnptrs

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:19 pm 

I know that there cannot be such giveaways, as Sony/Microsoft will not share their users' information with outside sources, such as Steam- this has been said by Ronimo in the past.

Not to mention, that would be a huge detriment in sales for Ronimo, as they are an indie developer, and Awesomenauts was in creation for 3 years. They released it on console and managed to update it once, this being during rough times when Awesomenauts almost wasn't released at all. So they have done all they can on the console front, as the publisher, DTP, is insolvent (near bankrupt) and won't permit any more patches- this is also the reason it almost wasn't published, I believe. This also being paired with that it takes $40,000 to patch on each console, and that's just unfeasible for indie devs. DTP was also the publisher of Dungeon Defenders, which stopped receiving updates on consoles for the same reasons, and still continues thriving on Steam for PC today.

So they have already done all they could, and if I am to be entirely honest, they do not owe people a second free copy of the game. This would be like saying since you purchased Borderlands 2 on the PS3, you are owed a free/hugely discounted copy on the PC, or if you purchased Borderlands 2 on PS3 and own it on PC as well, you should get the new Tiny Tina DLC for free- you know what I mean? It would be along those lines of unreasonable requests.

It is already on sale on Steam for $3.39 at times, and was on sale for $5 I believe during all of the Summer Sale- there are three packs as well, so you can obtain multiple copies for you and your friends at another discount. These are already readily available discounts, to anyone- it was even in the Humble Indie Bundle #8, not too long ago.

You can honestly just think of it as cheap DLC and take the plunge on PC, you can play with a controller, and it is improved in pretty much every way over the console version. It's what I did, many moons ago- you won't regret it, Awesomenauts is honestly more worth it than most $60 games I've picked up. ;)

Duplo, Latin for double. Sion, Sion Barzahd.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:13 pm 

PPl had chance to buy the game with almost 1dollar, and this game is worth over 500h Why cant ppl support ronimo by paying that dollar?

Restless Frager wrote:
There's nobody decent to have on your team because they all play in premades, you won't matchmake into them.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:16 am 

I am a console gamer that wants to switch to pc version but cant because I don't have a working pc so thats one situation why some cant pc version of awesomenauts

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:10 pm 

ar499m wrote:
I am a console gamer that wants to switch to pc version but cant because I don't have a working pc so thats one situation why some cant pc version of awesomenauts

:) You happy?

"His palms Spaghetti, knees weak, Arms Spaghetti. There vomit on his Spaghetti, Spaghetti Already." ~ Spaghettinem, 800815

Link To Steam Profile

Post subject: Re: The PS3/360 patching situation
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:01 pm 

Guys it's now coming to the PS4 as stated by ronma.

Mains: :GnawShock: :rae: :leoneyes: :party: :think:

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next