Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: New 'Naut Idea: Convoy the Space Trucker(NEW ART!!)
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:48 pm 

Art by our very own Pockets! Such amazing work! (Take note Ronimo)

Convoy, the Space Trucker

A simple space trucker at the hight of the Bovinion technological era. Convoy was just getting back home from a long 2 light year long delivery only to find his planet in shambles and his people wrangled in herds, in lush grassy meadows. Outraged by what he found, and the fact that his Big Rig would fall to ruin without regular use, he set off to find work and the person responsible for his home. The extra solar would be useful. After searching far and wide, and delivering many space toilets to the various worlds of the galaxy, he decides to put his search on the back burner, and take part in the Robot Wars as a mercenary to make what extra solar he can to "beef up" his Big Rig, oblivious to the fact that the one who wrangled his homeworld, the one he's been searching for, is closer than ever.

Movement speed 7
Health 200 (230)

Tire Iron- main attack, Convoy swings his tire iron in a downward arc, clobbering his opponents.
Dmg-8
Atk spd-125
Range-3
Life Steal 33%

Upgrades:
Roadside Assistance- increases life steal amount. 155 Solar. Lvl 1: 50% lvl 2: 66%
Breaker Bar- increases range. 135 Solar. Lvl 1: +1 lvl2: +2
Chrome Coating- Increases Damage. 125 Solar Lvl 1: +1 lvl 2: +2 Lvl 3: +3
Lucky Rabbits Foot- +50 solar per awesomenaut kill. 50 Solar.
Long Beard- +3 damage. 305 Solar
KeyChain Attachment- increases attack speed. 145 Solar. Lvl 1: +5 lvl 2: +10 lvl 3: +15

Horn Charge- Convoy lowers his head and charges in the direction he is facing, knocking back enemies and stunning them. He is immune to debuffs while charging.
Dmg-15
Range-10 (how far he travels)
Stun- .6s
Knockback-1.5
Immune to Debuffs 100%
Cooldown- 6s

Upgrades:
Long Haul-Iincreases range. 145 Solar. Lvl 1: +2 lvl 2: +4
Plug o' Chew- Decreases cooldown. 135 Solar. Lvl 1: -.6s lvl 2: -1.2s lvl 3: -1.8s
Harder Head- Increases stun duration. 165 Solar. Lvl 1: +.2s Lvl 2: +.4s Lvl 3: +.6s
Pencil Sharpener- Increases Damage. 185 Solar. +10
Spring Loaded Belt- Increases knockback. 135 Solar. Lvl 1: +.2 Lvl 2: +.4
Beer Hat- Decreases damage taken. 165 Solar. Lvl 1: Shield 10% Lvl 2: Shield 20%

Pot Belly Pounce- Convoy falls belly down atop his enemies dealing damage over time and granting himself a movement bonus.
Dmg-35
DoT-3 per second.
Duration 3s.
+2 Movement Speed for 3s

Upgrades:
Extra Can of Beans- Increases DoT duration. 145 Solar.Lvl 1: +1s Lvl 2: +2s
Grease Stain- Increases DoT. 155 Solar. Lvl 1: +1 Lvl 2: +2 Lvl 3: +3
6-pack- Adds ensnare. 230 Solar. 1s duration
Truck Nuts- Increase damage. 135 Solar. Lvl 1: +10 Lvl 2: +20 Lvl 3: +30
Flannel for Everyone- Adds movement bonus to nearby allies. 215 Solar.
Big ole Belt Buckle- Adds Shockwave that deals 50% damage to nearby enemies. 195 Solar.

Mid-air Dash- While in mid-air Convoy can perform a dash towards the players cursor, in all 8 directions.

Items
Power Pills
Med I Can
Space Air Max
Solar Tree
Piggy Bank
Baby Kuri Mammoth

Currently raising my co-op player. I'm a father!

Last edited by CrakRockSteady on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New 'Naut Idea: Convoy the Space Trucker
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:19 pm 

Honestly, I think you are on to something here. I originally read the Space Horn to be a charged attack for a Bovine/Minotaur-like creature. I feel you could convert him into a redneck version of a Minotaur or a Bovinion who happened to have been off-planet during the whole Lonestar fiasco. This would be a nice little tie-in as well.

Food for thought.

Forum Code of Conduct!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:29 pm 

Clever Girl wrote:
Honestly, I think you are on to something here. I originally read the Space Horn to be a charged attack for a Bovine/Minotaur-like creature. I feel you could convert him into a redneck version of a Minotaur or a Bovinion who happened to have been off-planet during the whole Lonestar fiasco. This would be a nice little tie-in as well.

Food for thought.

That's a great suggestion, and I'll probably go with it. It was originally intended to be a sonic like horn honk blast, but I'm totally liking your idea better and better.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:34 am 

From reading the descriptions right now it sounds like Convoy is going to be a Tanky melee 'naut with some movement options to get in. I definitely want some more elaborate descriptions though so I can better understand what you had planned for the functionality of his moves. Space Horn sounds like Lonestar's bull, but in benefit to Convoy he is the bull, which puts himself near melee range. As far as Pot Belly Pounce sounds, I have to assume it will look something like Haggar's Body Crush from MvC3:
http://youtu.be/2waL6K-MwvM?t=10s

Finally, the Tire Iron also reminds me of Haggar lol RESPECT THE PIPE SON! Is it going to strike from above downward? Will it give me a sweet ground bounce that I can combo into and cancel my otg move out of? :)

To be serious though, Life Steal is a must for this guy on his melee attacks, because he sounds like he has only melee ranged abilities and that means he is going to take some damage on his way into melee range. Especially against zoners like Lonestar. Maybe some kind of Fighting game inspired super armor could give him an edge. In case you didn't know, super armor is a term applied to moves that cannot be interrupted in fighting games. For instance, Hulk's Standing heavy attack in UMvC3. He uses the move and even if you hit him during it, the move still comes out. So in Awesomenauts terms while using his dash he is immune to CC, but not damage. *It's the opposite effect that Froggy G's Dash has.*

Will Convoy's dash allow him to go in all 8 directions or just horizontally? Will it let him air dash horizontally, or can he only use it on the ground / he dashes down to the ground while using it if he falls off a platform? You may want to give him an option to let players activate the ability again to use his bull horns to launch enemies above him slightly instead of having knock back. Then he could combo into the Pot Belly Pounce and crush them into the ground and melee them for a bit. Pot Belly Pounce should have a snare upgrade on it instead of dot if it were used for this purpose though. Although, please let him keep some kind of dot, because OLE~! lololol

http://youtu.be/PoRx8j21dkY <<< OLE~!

On a slightly related note I'd like to say that Optimus Prime is called Convoy in Japan.

Which if you didn't know, commonly looks like this:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:23 pm 

I appreciate the feedback. I'm still working on fleshing him out. I work two jobs so its difficult to find time to work on it, but find the time I will. Doing numbers as of now, and finishing back story. Iv decided to make him Bovinian. And Macc, you've giving me a lot to think about. :) thanks guys!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:42 pm 

Edited! Fleshed him out a bit more. Would still appreciate feedback and suggestions on better balance. Thanks again guys!

Post subject: Re: New 'Naut Idea: Convoy the Space Trucker(EDITED)
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:46 pm 

Added crappy pic I drew up in hopes someone with better skills than myself can work with maybe. I like where he is going.

Post subject: Re: New 'Naut Idea: Convoy the Space Trucker(EDITED)
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:07 pm 

Restless Frager wrote:
There's nobody decent to have on your team because they all play in premades, you won't matchmake into them.

Post subject: Re: New 'Naut Idea: Convoy the Space Trucker(FINISHED)
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:03 am 

Finished guys! I hope you like him. If you have any suggestions with his abilities, values, and the like, let me know. All feed back is appreciated. My first design ever.

Post subject: Re: New 'Naut Idea: Convoy the Space Trucker(NEW ART!!)
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:03 am 

UPDATED! New art by Pockets!