Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Fan naut xerah
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:09 am 

Ok... To start out I'm gonna say I'm no writer, I just had read the book of Cain and was truly inspired to create a diablo(archangel tyriel)themed naut. With that done I present Xerah(Sarah) war-cleric to the butterfly.
----------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------
Get to know Xerah:
Xerah; once a respected youth on her home planet took to the stars after a wave of Etin raved and ate their way to its core. Before her planets destruction her race had ordered that all the Etin be eliminated off the surface of their once beloved home, Xerah would have none of this. The Etin as destructive as they may be had proven themselves to be creatures capable of great intellect, culture and even unimaginable power.
With that in mind she and several like minded people/Etin flew to the opposite end of the known universe, flying past the known and then farther. Until she reached the planet now known as Jo'hon's flower, where she would begin the journey of faith into the loving arms of the butterfly. The grand monarch(pope of the butterfly) eventually finds out about the new butterfly monastery she and her friends had built and comes to warn them of the hidden enemy, "the cult" who have been murdering the followers of the butterfly for years with the only thought in their minds being that faith makes you weak. Time goes by, and Xerah begins to master several alien martial arts under the wings of the guardians of the grand monarch. Then the day that has been called "xerah's blessing" had dawned. the day Xerah would be touched by the butterfly in the din of combat while defending the helpless monks of the temple she has built. The cultists had been utterly crushed under xerah's armoured foot, leaving her only to wonder what was next. She decided that the buffer fly must have come to her to prove to everyone that the cult is wrong, faith doesn't make you weak. So after many years of combat, monster hunting, and door door faith healing she joined the awesomenauts. A place where she could prove that the butterfly can make a deadly ally by facing the greatest threat in the universe alongside babble zork and his gang of lackies.

Up next move set
AA: crusaders strike, Xerah gracefullyswings her blessed sword against the enemy for 6 damage
Upgrades:
Blade buffer, increases crusader strike attack speed, 10%/20%/30%
extendo-blade, increases range on crusader strike.
____________, increases damage on crusader strike by 2/2/3
lucky charms, add a life steal to every hit with crusader strike 2HP/4HP.
precision attack training, instead of clicking to swing the sword, you can now hold down the mouse button to charge a more powerful strike(like voltar's heal) stacks with other upgrades(+atc speed decreases charge time, +dmg increases damage, etc)
Axe calibre's guide to swords, increases attack speed by 20%/30%

--------------------------------------
Move two: enchanted tome, Xerah reads a page from her space butterfly for idiots book signed buy the grand monarch. Flames burst out of the open pages set on burning any heretics in sight for 10 dps(when in flames) plus 10 dot
Upgrades:
Holy water fuel, increases the size of the fire shot from the book.
Fire proof bookmark, increases base damage of tome by 3/3.
Reading glasses, increases dot damage on tome by 10/10/10
The Reading Rainbow, makes enchanted tome fire shooting last longer
50000 shades of colors,Decreases the time Dot needs to damage enemies by 20%/40%
daily apocalypse calendar ,increases base damage by 5

---------------------------------------
Move three: holy hand grenade of the vortex , Xerah reads the sacred scripture in most ancient book, then says them out loud three times. not once, not twice, not four times as it would be to many(references :thumb: ) and throws the grenade , where the grenade lands a small black hole opens, bringing everything in range closer to the grenade itself so Xerah can walk towards it and cut her foes to pieces.
Upgrades:
Moulty Python, reduces cooldown on HHGOV by 2 sec/1 sec.
Science Bill's Tie, increases the radius of the Vortex's pull.
Coal Sagot, slows down how fast opponents are drawn into the centre of the vortex 10%/20%/30%
Cosmic Sword Sharper, first crusader strike after using HHGOV has double damage.
Lonestar's dynamite sleeve, Decreases charge time on HHGOV
Alien Badger treats, adds 15 damage explosion to HHGOV shortly after the vacuum affect(enough time to get away but enough to punish those who stay and fight in the vortex)

----------------------------------------
Jump: being blessed by the butterfly, Xerah has grown wings herself and as she leaps through the air she will flutter them when pressing the up or w key. By slowly tapping the key she will hover/float across the sky, and by mashing the key rapidly she will flutter her wings so fast she actually gains hight and speed.
-----------------------------------------
Voice lines:
Attack: let the beatings commence
Meet me at the front lines
Our faith will blot our your sun
---
Defend: defend the relics
O god o god o god
---
On kill:
Hahahahahaha
ENOUGH!
By fire be purged
---
Killed:
I regret... very little
Until we meet again
See ya soon /chuckle
I will be remembered
Xerah the martyr... Not bad
---
Shopping
All my money :(
No amount of faith can heal my bank account
No blade sharpening service?
Butterfly bless you shopkeeper
---
Teleport
Beam me up
What sort of heresy is this?
No No No, I'd like to walk
---
Drop in/chosen
Butterfly protect us
In faith we find strength
NO ONE EXPECTS THE BUTTERFLY INQUISITION
Follow my lead
BURN HERETICS
-------
Please leave some creative critism. I may have missed some things so just point them out and I respond ASAP :thumb:

20/10/2013
check out my fan naut Xerah the war-cleric to the butterfly and her long backstory athere

Last edited by averagepainting on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Fan naut xerah
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:16 am 

Back story. Extended edition

------It was the beginning of an average day for Xerah. The duties of a war cleric were simple, eat, pray, defend. Although for Xerah, this day will be anything but normal.

-----Patrolling the walls around the snow peaked monastery hidden in the high mountains of the chiseled valley, Xerah peers far Into the rocky landscape that makes up her new home. She always stopped here to remember just how she got here.

-----It all started after the Etin swarm had ravaged her world, leaving her race forced to eliminate the short lived aliens eating and partying their way to destruction and evacuate their planet. Much to xerah's surprise, she found that not every Etin was a raving loonie and that some were very sophisticated, educated and highly regarded amongst their kin, but what truely blew here away was their amazing powers granted by their god, the great space butterfly.

------She desperately tried to gain the council of her planets favour, trying to prove that Etin were not a plague, nor a pest, but the key to enlightenment an even universal peace.
-----The council however did not share these thoughts( as her race had abolished worship long ago) they sought vengeance for their fallen planet.

-----This did not leave Xerah disheartened however, she quickly gathers the best and brightest Etin and people of her own and took to the stars. Stars so distant she could no longer recognize them. Among those unfamiliar stars was the planet now called " Jo'han's flower" for the elderly Etin who discovered the lonesome planet during Xerah's migration.

-----Xerah; tired of space travel, decided that Jo'hans flower was where herself and we newfound friends will call home. Atop a mountain side they slaved and laboured, constructing a settlement with a large temple to the space butterfly in its centre.
-----After generations of Etin passed, Xerah didn't age a day, her mind and body remainder youthful and beautiful. It was clear that this bothered Xerah though, she could never return to her people because she is wanted for harbouring Etin and the Etin she first befriended had long since past leaving her with only the butterfly to keep he company. She remained alone for many years, keeping her faith and teaching new generations of the butterfly as the grew from youth to elder. That is until the grand Monarch had discovered were she had hidden.

-----The grand Monarch was an Etin like no other, huge in stature, pure in mind, and most importantly he has been the leader of the following since its birth over a millennia ago.
-----The sight of such a diving creature put butterflies in Xerah's stomach, but she remained strong and fought the urge to buckle he knees. The monarch stood proud and confident, wrapped in beautiful and elaborate robes that can only come from Etin weave masters, surrounding him were monks of his own training, each carrying large tomes with butterfly impressions on the sides as gifts.
-----As he approached Xerah her knees gave out, she gracefully turned the stumble into a bow. Turning her face to the ground to cover her embarrassed face.
--"Rise child, we are all equals here. Unless you wish to continue because that's fine too" he jests as he gestures with his many arms open to point all around him.
--"I'm sorry, I just wasn't sure on how to behave around you, my books say nothing of proper manners" Xerah apologizes while struggling to meet his powerful gaze that seemed to stare deep inside her and even further, as if he could see into the very fabrics that she was made of.

--"No need for apologies child" he laughs "I had heard that there was a group of butterfly worshipers in this system, but our vast libraries had no trace of you. I had begun to worry that the cult had found you" his face turns serious has the word cult comes from his massive maw.

--"Pardon? A cult?" Xerah quickly interjects. Her thoughts turn to panic, had she created a cult instead of what the intended form of worship the butterfly deserved?

--"You mean you haven't been told?" The monarch looked as surprised as an Etin could be " the cult is a group of non-believers who think that any sort of faith makes one weak in mind and body, they had begun slaughtering our kind in our own churches and monasteries years ago. Not a single one has paid for their cruel and unjust actions.

--" that's horrible" Xerah replies" buffer fly bless you for coming to our aid"

--"Don't thank me yet child, we have begun to take measure that I'm sure that butterfly frowns apon." The Monarch says with melancholy in his voice." There will be much to do... And much will be done" saying it a second time seemed to lighten his mood, which put a smile on Xerah's face no matter how hard she tried to hide it from the great symbol of faith she stood in front of.

-----Years passed as those lucky or skilled enough to be selected began training and rose to the ranks of paladin and war-cleric. Xerah struggled at first, learning fighting styles alien to her, styles even alien to her Etin companions, and even styles thought to be lost to time itself.
-----It took a long time, but Xerah accessed to the realm of the warcleric. She was better than her old self; stronger, quicker, nimbler, and filled with the embracing love of the butterfly,

-----It was years later before the cult had finally located them, but they strike as quickly as they are discovered and don't stick around for much longer after.
This brings Xerah to where she stood along the wall on the day that seemed so average.
(This is awarning that violence is up ahead)
-----Xerah leans over the cobblestone wall, her armoured hands making a soft clang as they clap against the smooth surface. She gazes over it, looking over the over the fields in front of the wall, over the Rocky Mountains that surround the farmland, and into the bright blue-orange sunset that lays just above the horizon . She squints while she looks at the sun before it passes in front distant forests, but a scream interrupts it.

-----Without thinking she runs toward the scream, her armoured body crashing and thundering as its many metal plates smash against each other.
Dark smoke billows from the church in the centre if her once quiet village. She swears under her breath as the rage she trained so hard to abandon starts building inside her.
Sword drawn she barrels through the ornate doors of the temple. The cultists are all that are left intact, each one defacing priceless artifacts and stealing anything of value.
Xerah knew that she should help the remaining villagers get to safely but the Monarch's words rang in her head "Not one has paid for the cruel actions they had done"

--"Heretics!" She shouts "challenge me if you dare!"

-----One of the masked figures meets her gaze, giving her a look that says he is happy to do just that, a knife emerges into his hand. In the blink of an eye he is directly in front of Xerah, his movements so quick he seemed to be a blur. Xerah defends herself best she could but the corrupt blade eventually catches her. Striking above her eye and down her cheek.
-----The cultist takes a step back, similar to the way and artist does to better his view of his masterpiece he so painstakingly created. Partially blinded Xerah swings her sword in a wide arch, the cultist parries out of the way but the tip of the blade catches his arm. A wide smile covers Xerah's bloodied face. The first blow to the cult has been struck.
-----Grasping his bleeding arm, the cultist peers over to the rest of his group. With out a word spoken they turn to Xerah in unison, but she doesn't flinch. She laughs instead. Her manic laughter fills the near employ halls of the church. She knew she had done the impossible, she had hurt the invincible. What happens next didn't matter because the cult now knows that they are not untouchable any longer.

-----All at once the cultists move a freighting a speed. Each dark figure fielding a face filled with anger and hate, but Xerah only watches, waiting for the time to strike. She swings her sword at the nearest one, time slows as her sword cuts across his chest, but time continues to slow. The blade stops, the blood trailing behind it sits unmoving in the air.
-----Xerah releases her sword, it's shimmering hilt doesn't shift from its place in the air. Rendered quizicle, Xerah stares into the sword, the reflection on its polished steel remaining unchanged no matter the angle she looked at it. It was then that she saw a strange image in the sword. She turns her head so she can see out the doors into the outside that was frozen in time.

-----A butterfly flutters into the church, but a it approaches it doesn't change in size. As if it's perception of it constantly remained distant. Closer it flew. It's colours shifting as if it had no colour and every colour at the same time. The butterfly is not right I front of Xerah now, but still seems so distant, it's colours magnificent.
It is now that Xerah realizes that this is the butterfly she has read about in the tomes, the god the Etin speak of, the god she warships. She reaches out to it, tears running down her face. It flutters onto her hand, it's colours reflecting onto her armoured gauntlet. Xerah closes her tear soaked eyes, her faith begins to fill her like warmth next to a fire.

-----As she opens her eyes again she is returned with sword in hand. Everything is once again full speed but she now knew that the cultists could never best her.
She finishes he swing, then relaxes her muscles, the cultists were no longer on her mind. Beautiful wings emerge from her back, bursting through her armour. With a bat of her new limbs she floated above her combatants, all while chanting incantations she had memorized in her training.

-----The cultists froze, unable to attack the angle of death they had helped create. Their shadows growing long behind them as Xerah starts to glow like a wildfire.
With a smile on her face Xerah shouts "faith makes is weak? It's what we believe that defines us! Now prepare to BURN heretic!"

20/10/2013
check out my fan naut Xerah the war-cleric to the butterfly and her long backstory athere

Last edited by averagepainting on Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:36 am 
Adminaut

That backstory. That. Backstory.

It's very long, but quite in-depth, too, so it's not just you rambling on. :thumb:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:53 am 

Try making the thread a bit more tidy, add some bold paragraphs and headlines, just so it's easier to read. I know you're on your phone, but so am I, so I know dem feels bro.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:04 am 
Adminaut

Silver wrote:
Try making the thread a bit more tidy, add some bold paragraphs and headlines, just so it's easier to read. I know you're on your phone, but so am I, so I know dem feels bro.

Maybe he should get on a proper PC and get to work. :P

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:48 pm 

FishmanDerp wrote:
Silver wrote:

Maybe he should get on a proper PC and get to work. :P

I have been running on a wicked gaming laptop that finally built up enough problems that I had to send it out to the manufacturer in hope that the warranty still is covered :lolstar:
And I'll get onto those bolds right away, thanks for the comments :thumb:
I'm glad you guys like it... I'll say it was worth those hours spend if one person enjoys it, and I'm already at two :thumb:

20/10/2013

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:53 pm 

Since this is somewhat similar Genji, voiced by Jesse Cox, wouldn't it would be cool if Xerah was voiced by Dodger (Presshearttocontinue)?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:24 am 

soraguy67 wrote:
Since this is somewhat similar Genji, voiced by Jesse Cox, wouldn't it would be cool if Xerah was voiced by Dodger (Presshearttocontinue)?

That's exactly what I was hoping for lol. But I would be content with a dev saying "there one idea we could use there" :leoneyes:

20/10/2013

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:15 pm 

Updated with pockets and upgrades...
Blabble wrote:
You 2 page full luckys just because you got packets...

*Angry mumbles*

challenge accepted

20/10/2013

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:37 am 
Adminaut

The art looks pretty nice. :thumb:

Also, good job contracting the backstory into something smaller. I'll read over her AA and skills and give you my thoughts.