Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: AwesomenautsGallery
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:57 am 

On behalf of the new Blog team, I am extremely proud to say that the NEW official Awesomenauts FanArt Gallery is now alive! :party:

With a new crack team of moderators running the blog, no new art will be left unchecked with us on the watch.

New Features from the old blog include.

A brand new interactive Tags page Braking everything down to each naut, their skin ideas, and more!

Explanation of the in–game Fan Art showcase. [TBA] A page dedicated clarifying how the art is chosen and also ways to help you get into the show faster if your artwork is chosen already.

Occasional Give aways, Announcements, and More! [TBA]

The Team behind the blog have been working close with Ronimo to hopefully make this blog a much more sustainable place were all artwork is shown! We encourage however people to post their artwork onto tumblr so that we may reblog it and give credit much more easier! We will not be ripping images from the forums and just pasting it onto the blog. That said If you much rather have an image be submitted to our blog you can do so here Just pleas provide a source!

And as a general future note, if any of your artwork in the future is missed by our team throw us a notification in our ask box! We want to have as much loving fan art here as we can! :rae: No Rule 34 though pleas Deer God ಠ_ಠ.

:bluecheer: Thank you very much, on behalf of the blog team i wish to say we are all greatly humbled to work on this project and look forward for many more years of services :scoop: :redcheer:

Catti~ :chew:

In our efforts to get the blog up and running we were able to reblog all the old images from the old fan art gallery into the new one. However we are fully aware that many of the images on the old blog were not fully sourced, that and a huge amount of artwork was missed in-between the old blog being inactive and this one being made. :tear:
We do not have the resources to easily dig threw the now massive #awesomenauts tag on tumblr and dig up all old artwork, and that's where you all come in! :ayla:

Artist and non-artist alike can help us find errors and sorces were we, the team, might have missed out on. Just tell us threw the ask or submission's page and we'll get right on it!

To any artist who do have a tumblr and do not have their work reblogged by our blog? Pleas, post a link to your #awesomenauts artwork off of your art blog now in this thread and we will get right on reblogging any artwork we see.

If you have any questions about anything pleas ask away!

Catti~ :chew:

Reifiui wrote:
Catti is the forumer that we need, but don't deserve

I'm open to art Commissions!

Last edited by catgame21234 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:29 am, edited 29 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Awesomenaut Offical Gallery
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:28 pm 

can we get this stickied so every one can see this.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:38 am 

Just a little notice that we are still in the process of ironing out a few things, so it won't really pick up until a little while. You can still submit your art and take a look around, but things aren't 100% optimized yet.

Find a mentor, or become one!
Look at nearly all of the fan-art of Awesomenauts!
Study and feed the hungry at the same time!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:29 am 

ircannonfodder wrote:
can we get this stickied so every one can see this.

Asked Joost, waiting for response :)

Restless Frager wrote:
There's nobody decent to have on your team because they all play in premades, you won't matchmake into them.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:47 am 
Ronimo Team Member

I don't know all that much about Tumblr, but the current submission system seems to make this initiative quite impossible to work, because few people will actually do that. Can't you just Tumblr share all fan art that is on Tumblr to get started with a big amount of art? In the current way this gallery will never be anywhere near complete.

Also, is there some way to change the way you view into something like this? http://www.tumblr.com/search/awesomenauts

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:02 am 

Joost wrote:
I don't know all that much about Tumblr, but the current submission system seems to make this initiative quite impossible to work, because few people will actually do that. Can't you just Tumblr share all fan art that is on Tumblr to get started with a big amount of art? In the current way this gallery will never be anywhere near complete.

Also, is there some way to change the way you view into something like this? http://www.tumblr.com/search/awesomenauts

The view, is this close enough?
http://awegal.tumblr.com/archive
Appearance can be chanced but most of them are not free. :?

Right now there ain't many pictures so it looks short.
I'll have to ask pudding if he knows how to get those fan arts linked. If not, then I could try adding picture every once and a while. I know this project is slow but change never comes too fast does it? :)
Tbh, I just scrolled down all that art, there isnt too much of it. Couple of months and its all in gallery.

Restless Frager wrote:
There's nobody decent to have on your team because they all play in premades, you won't matchmake into them.

Last edited by RiceMaster on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:37 am 
Ronimo Team Member

RiceMaster wrote:

Some of them show text instead of the image in this version...

RiceMaster wrote:
... If not, then I could try adding picture every once and a while. I know this project is slow but chance never comes too fast does it? :) ...

The ultimate goal would be to have all Awesomenauts fan-art from the internets in that gallery, but I understand that that doesn't just happen overnight. ;) However, several others volunteered to help as well, so that could speed things up a bit.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:44 am 

Joost wrote:
RiceMaster wrote:

Some of them show text instead of the image in this version...

RiceMaster wrote:
... If not, then I could try adding picture every once and a while. I know this project is slow but chance never comes too fast does it? :) ...

The ultimate goal would be to have all Awesomenauts fan-art from the internets in that gallery, but I understand that that doesn't just happen overnight. ;) However, several others volunteered to help as well, so that could speed things up a bit.

So would we got more "santa's little helpers"? Considerable, and archive has text yes, but so does that search option. I'd plan that the texts wouldn't stay long. I dont want to have gallery full of text either, so Ill see how I can deal with it. Thanks Joust. :thumb:

Restless Frager wrote:

Last edited by RiceMaster on Sat May 17, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:14 pm 

I can actually fix both of those problems that Joost mentioned, but first I have to get them through with the other mods. Because it's rare for all three of us to be online at the same time, I've been using the discussion system in our steam group to voice some of these points, and I would urge all moderators to check it out...

As to how I can actually fix the problems: The problem where some were shown as text and not image is due to how Rice submitted the picture. I explained how to do it the correct way, so now there shouldn't be any problems in that front. However, if somebody else gets confused about it I can always just message them saying how they can submit it the right way.

As for making things look more like the tag system, there is a way to do that but it would make our job a lot harder. You might have noticed that I tagged all of our posts with "Awesomenauts Gallery", so if we search for that tag it would give us an identical page to what you want. However, due to how the tagging system is handled on Tumblr, we would have to re-post every single piece of art to make them show up in the tag, instead of being able to just reblog it...

And how we can start catalouging all art is easy, because we can reblog things on a queue. Over time all of us mods can start posting the art from elsewhere, and probably within the next few days I'll go on that reblogging-spree to get all of the art from Tumblr on our blog. The only problem is that we need to decide what our parameters are, like sketches and nautiness levels.

Find a mentor, or become one!
Look at nearly all of the fan-art of Awesomenauts!
Study and feed the hungry at the same time!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:14 pm 

puddingskinmcgee wrote:
I can actually fix both of those problems that Joost mentioned, but first I have to get them through with the other mods. Because it's rare for all three of us to be online at the same time, I've been using the discussion system in our steam group to voice some of these points, and I would urge all moderators to check it out...

As to how I can actually fix the problems: The problem where some were shown as text and not image is due to how Rice submitted the picture. I explained how to do it the correct way, so now there shouldn't be any problems in that front. However, if somebody else gets confused about it I can always just message them saying how they can submit it the right way.

As for making things look more like the tag system, there is a way to do that but it would make our job a lot harder. You might have noticed that I tagged all of our posts with "Awesomenauts Gallery", so if we search for that tag it would give us an identical page to what you want. However, due to how the tagging system is handled on Tumblr, we would have to re-post every single piece of art to make them show up in the tag, instead of being able to just reblog it...

And how we can start catalouging all art is easy, because we can reblog things on a queue. Over time all of us mods can start posting the art from elsewhere, and probably within the next few days I'll go on that reblogging-spree to get all of the art from Tumblr on our blog. The only problem is that we need to decide what our parameters are, like sketches and nautiness levels.

I luv you pudding :kiss: Its a good thing that all 3 mods won't live in same timezones, this way the there is almost always someone online
and answer for that bolded text:
Joost wrote:

I think the instructions were pretty clear :lolstar:

Restless Frager wrote: