Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [Fannaut] Xin, the Calias (Upgrades with sassy flavor text)
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:41 am 

Xin
The Calias

Appearance:

Backstory: The Calias hail from the mining outpost planet Geodus. Exporting diamond, salt, and zombie dinosaur fossil fuel, every Calias boy is expected to grow to be as big and strong as his father. In fact, if they are not strong, their society considers them to be useless, as years in the dark caves have rendered them blind.
Xin was banished from his colony for failing his very first Miner's Training test. Shamed and alone, he climbed to the surface world to seek out the true meaning of strength from the mysterious guru that the legends spoke of. Feeling his way through the world with his highly-sensitive nose, he climbed atop the tallest mountain on Geodus and found himself in a mystical bonsai garden.
All of a sudden, the scent of a plasma slug--a rare delicacy on Geodus--caught Xin's attention. He instinctively grabbed the slimy treat and ate it in a single gulp. It was at this moment that the cry of a dragon pierced the air for miles around, as the plasma slug Xin had eaten was actually the legendary guru! As the ancient sensei thrashed about in Xin's stomach, he began to feel knowledge of countless forms of martial arts surge into his brain.
Xin now fights as a mercenary for the Awesomenauts, sharing both the mind and body of the greatest shogun in the galaxy.

Ability 1: Focus Kunai- Summons a focus kunai a short distance in front of Xin, which instantly launches in the aimed direction with a size and speed similar to that of Ted's sniper shot. If it succesfully hits a target, the cooldown will be reset. Holding down the button will bring up a targeting sphere around Xin, with a marker on the edge of the circle pointing towards the cursor.
Damage: 14
Range: 7.8
Distance from Xin: 4.2
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Cooldown Reset on Target Hit: Yes

Upgrades:
Personal Cricket: Increases the range of Focus Kunai. [Range +1.5][3 stages]
Personal Dragon sold separately.
[125 solar]

Kasumi Knife: Increases the damage of Focus Kunai. [Damage +2][3 stages]
For when sushi happens.
[200 solar]

Rubber Sushi: Makes Focus Kunais bounce off of walls. [Bounce=Yes]
Still tastes just like the original!
[115 solar]

Yoga Pants: Adds a silencing effect to Focus Kunai. [Silence +0.4 seconds][2 stages]
Surprisingly, not often used for yoga.
[125 solar]

Fence Paint: Makes the Focus Kunais larger. [size +1]
Apply with circular motion.
[180 solar]

Personal Dragon: Increases the range of Focus Kunai. [Range +4.5]
Personal Cricket sold separately.
[300 solar]

Ability 2: Vanish- Xin blinks a short distance behind him.
Range: -7
Cooldown: 5 seconds

Upgrades:
Worm Pasta: Creates a slowing blast at Vanish's origin point. [Slow +10%][Size=5.5[3 stages]
Yousa too skinny, hava spaghetti!
[120 solar]

Centipede-by-the-Foot: Increases the range of Vanish. [Range -2][3 stages]
"Servings per box: 100"
[135 solar]

Dung Beetle Meatballs: Creates blasts at Vanish's origin and ending points, awarding solar for every enemy caught in them. [Solar +2][Size=3.4]
Not sure if...
[110 solar]

Crystal Moth: Makes Vanish travel forwards. [Range x{-1}]
Not even onc- wait, nevermind.
[170 solar]

Caterpillar Calzone: Creates a silencing blast at Vanish's ending point. [silence=1 second][size=5.5]
Meaty and chewy with a delicious red sauce.
[165 solar]

Tape Worm Pasta: Creates a slowing blast at Vanish's origin point. [Slow +30%][size=5.5]
Yousa too fat, go helpa nonna in the kitchen!
[320 solar]

Autoattack: Katana Swing- Xin swiftly swings his katana in a cone in front of him, applying a small DoT and knocking back enemies caught in the AoE.
Damage over Time: 8
Damage Duration: 8 secs
Knockback: 0.6
Attack Speed: 95.2
Range: 3.2

Upgrades:
Baseball Bat: Adds a damaging effect to Katana Swing. [Damage +2][3 stages]
"You're killin' me smalls!"
[130 solar]

Sledgehammer: Increases the knockback of Katana Swing. [Knockback +0.2][2 stages]
HAMMER TIME!
[145 solar]

Flaming Pitchfork: Increases the DoT of Katana Swing. [DoT +4][4 stages]
Riot OP; nerf pls.
[145 solar]

Stacked Markers: Enemies hit by Katana Swing will take extra damage from Focus Kunai. [Kunai Amplify +13.3%][Duration=2 seconds][3 stages]
Artsy bō staffs created at the Sunny-Daisy Orphanage.
[125 solar]

Excalibling: Adds a blinding effect to Kunai Swing. [Blind +0.5 seconds]
Antique #sword owned by the great Calias king, Swagthur.
[165 solar]

Blade of Aiguillon: Enemies hit by Katana Swing are temporarily visible on minimap, regardless of position. [Visible on Minimap=yes][Duration +6 seconds]
Ancient Kremzon sword forged with the Diamond Pupil, a royal Kremzon heirloom.
[100 solar]

Jump: Claw Gauntlets- Xin leaps up about as high as Gnaw. If the button is held down when Xin touches a wall, he will stick there until the button is released. Xin can use skills while clinging to a wall, but cannot otherwise move until he drops down. Using Vanish will release Xin from the wall, but not reset his jump.

Xin Utility
-Power Pills Turbo
-Med-i-can
-Space Air Max
-Droid Juicer
-Piggy Bank
-Starstorm Statue

Droid Juicer: Receive extra a health regen boost when killing droids. Lost upon death.
[Saw droid kill regen +2]
[Humming droid Hot +3]
[Super droid HoT= +5]

[190 solar]

Movement Speed: 6.4
Base Health: 135
Role: Assassin

Got my new headset, Taylor Swift has never sounded so good. I'm crying. :tear:

Last edited by Cozyhut3 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 31 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [Fannaut] Zhi'suta, the Calias
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:55 am 

[Changelog 1.1]
-Zhi'suta is now called Xin. Zhi'suta came from a combination of star-nosed mole related words I ran through Google translate but this just rolls off the tongue nicer.

-Corrected a few errors in the original post.

-Made the backstory less wizzle and more shizzle.

[Changelog 1.2]
-Kunai Throw is now called Spirit Kunai, which sounds more appropriate considering the new mechanic changes.

-Reworked Spirit Kunai; now summons the kunai a short distance away from Xin before he launches it, to avoid super-OP facekunai.

-Nerfed both the damage and range of Spirit Kunai. Xin was too awesome for the Awesomenauts with the ability's old stats.

-Fixed just a smidgen more of the backstory. My mind goes to mush when I type for long periods of time. :sleep:

[Changelog 1.3]
-Spirit Kunai is now called Focus Kunai. Because reasons.

-Made the jump description a tad more specific.

[Changelog 1.4]
-Tweaked some stats slightly

-UPGRADES!

FEEDBACK ON BALANCE ALWAYS WELCOME

Last edited by Cozyhut3 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [Fannaut] Zhi'suta the Calias (Reworked!)
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:09 pm 

He seems more like a pusher and harasser to me. Because of the kunai throw and katana swing. Kunai (if I get it right) can be thrown until it hits an enemy, which seems like a hell of a good harassing ability considering its range. And katana is a very good pushing tool because of the slight knockback on base. Nice concept and awesome art!

I change Nauts by who I want to play or I just random. Tank/support suits my playstyle better.
These lists keep getting bigger and you can contribute: The Awesomenauts Universe, The Skill Build List

Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:49 pm 

Jezusiseenmeisje wrote:
He seems more like a pusher and harasser to me. Because of the kunai throw and katana swing. Kunai (if I get it right) can be thrown until it hits an enemy, which seems like a hell of a good harassing ability considering its range. And katana is a very good pushing tool because of the slight knockback on base. Nice concept and awesome art!

Nope it's the opposite, you can throw it, and every time it hits you can throw it again. Though the way you put feels better to me.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:35 am 

DeadlyLampshade wrote:
Nope it's the opposite, you can throw it, and every time it hits you can throw it again. Though the way you put feels better to me.

Yup, that's exactly how it works. What exactly feels better to you though?

Post subject: Re: [Fannaut] Xin, the Calias [UPDATE 1.1]
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:24 am 

Cozyhut3 wrote:
DeadlyLampshade wrote:

Whaat?! So you throw a kunai. It hits. You throw another one. And another. And another. And... well you get it by now. I mean, I don't think it can't be done this way. But then it would need a serious damage and range nerf.

I change Nauts by who I want to play or I just random. Tank/support suits my playstyle better.
These lists keep getting bigger and you can contribute: The Awesomenauts Universe, The Skill Build List

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:15 am 

Jezusiseenmeisje wrote:
Cozyhut3 wrote:
DeadlyLampshade wrote:

Whaat?! So you throw a kunai. It hits. You throw another one. And another. And another. And... well you get it by now. I mean, I don't think it can't be done this way. But then it would need a serious damage and range nerf.

Why use the sword in close ranged combat when you can throw kunai for 25 damage burst? You'd probably use the sword just to apply the DoT then you could just spam kunai in their face. It only takes four Kunai to inflict 100 damage which for a lot of people at start, is more than half their health.

If I would suggest any change, Nerf the damage and make the reset effect only apply once or twice every cooldown. I'm personally fine with the range, as I dig him as a harasser/pusher, but with the kunai in it's current state, he has the potential to absolutely wreck foes by simply facekunai-ing.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:36 am 

DeadlyLampshade wrote:
Why use the sword in close ranged combat when you can throw kunai for 25 damage burst? You'd probably use the sword just to apply the DoT then you could just spam kunai in their face. It only takes four Kunai to inflict 100 damage which for a lot of people at start, is more than half their health.

If I would suggest any change, Nerf the damage and make the reset effect only apply once or twice every cooldown. I'm personally fine with the range, as I dig him as a harasser/pusher, but with the kunai in it's current state, he has the potential to absolutely wreck foes by simply facekunai-ing.

I agree with the damage nerf and that the reset only happens once or twice after the cooldown kicks in. Reseting once or twice of course depends on the damage nerf. Like 20 damage kunais with one reset per cooldown. Or 15 damage kunais with two resets per cooldown. So you can throw either two kunais for 40 damage. Or three kunais for 45 damage.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:31 pm 

Or maybe instead of completely resetting the cooldown it could just lower it by say 6 seconds? That way it still rewards you for successfully hitting it but doesn't turn it into a 25+ DPS machine.

hahahahaha
you're serious aren't you
god dammit

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:56 pm 

DarkDXZ wrote:
Or maybe instead of completely resetting the cooldown it could just lower it by say 6 seconds? That way it still rewards you for successfully hitting it but doesn't turn it into a 25+ DPS machine.

Also a good one. Much possibilities to not make it ridiculously overpowered. :ayla: