Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: [Fannaut] Xin, the Calias [UPDATE 1.1]
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:16 pm 

DeadlyLampshade wrote:
Jezusiseenmeisje wrote:
Whaat?! So you throw a kunai. It hits. You throw another one. And another. And another. And... well you get it by now. I mean, I don't think it can't be done this way. But then it would need a serious damage and range nerf.

Why use the sword in close ranged combat when you can throw kunai for 25 damage burst? You'd probably use the sword just to apply the DoT then you could just spam kunai in their face. It only takes four Kunai to inflict 100 damage which for a lot of people at start, is more than half their health.

If I would suggest any change, Nerf the damage and make the reset effect only apply once or twice every cooldown. I'm personally fine with the range, as I dig him as a harasser/pusher, but with the kunai in it's current state, he has the potential to absolutely wreck foes by simply facekunai-ing.

Yeah, I didn't really remember just how long 20.8 range was. I nerfed it now. And to avoid facekunai'ing, I reworked the ability so that it's impossible to melee with it. The idea behind the katana was actually to keep your foes distanced from you, as he's both on par for slowest and squishiest 'naut, alongside the likes of Vinnie and Froggy, respectively.

I don't want to rework the cooldown reset or severely nerf the high damage output, (although I did somewhat affect that latter area) as I wanted this character to be an assassin and this is his form of large DPS output. The upgrades are coming soon, and the (single) damage upgrade is not going to be very strong to compensate for its very high damage output at base. To get an idea of what I'm going for, think of the scaling of Leon's AA, in reverse.

Got my new headset, Taylor Swift has never sounded so good. I'm crying. :tear:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:48 pm 

Cozyhut3 wrote:
DeadlyLampshade wrote:
Jezusiseenmeisje wrote:
Whaat?! So you throw a kunai. It hits. You throw another one. And another. And another. And... well you get it by now. I mean, I don't think it can't be done this way. But then it would need a serious damage and range nerf.

Why use the sword in close ranged combat when you can throw kunai for 25 damage burst? You'd probably use the sword just to apply the DoT then you could just spam kunai in their face. It only takes four Kunai to inflict 100 damage which for a lot of people at start, is more than half their health.

If I would suggest any change, Nerf the damage and make the reset effect only apply once or twice every cooldown. I'm personally fine with the range, as I dig him as a harasser/pusher, but with the kunai in it's current state, he has the potential to absolutely wreck foes by simply facekunai-ing.

Yeah, I didn't really remember just how long 20.8 range was. I nerfed it now. And to avoid facekunai'ing, I reworked the ability so that it's impossible to melee with it. The idea behind the katana was actually to keep your foes distanced from you, as he's both on par for slowest and squishiest 'naut, alongside the likes of Vinnie and Froggy, respectively.

I don't want to rework the cooldown reset or severely nerf the high damage output, (although I did somewhat affect that latter area) as I wanted this character to be an assassin and this is his form of large DPS output. The upgrades are coming soon, and the (single) damage upgrade is not going to be very strong to compensate for its very high damage output at base. To get an idea of what I'm going for, think of the scaling of Leon's AA, in reverse.

Well, at least it no longer seems that ridiculously OP with the damage nerf. :ayla:

I change Nauts by who I want to play or I just random. Tank/support suits my playstyle better.
These lists keep getting bigger and you can contribute: The Awesomenauts Universe, The Skill Build List

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:59 am 

Jezusiseenmeisje wrote:
Cozyhut3 wrote:
DeadlyLampshade wrote:

Well, at least it no longer seems that ridiculously OP with the damage nerf. :ayla:

Also keep in mind that it's very hard to hit, and Xin's chasing potential is not all that great. Besides that, when you think about it, a lot of 'nauts abilities sound OP on paper, but are generally balanced in game. Nuke and Snipe come to mind.
No excuse for splash dash or mighty throw tho

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:29 am 

Cozyhut3 wrote:
Besides that, when you think about it, a lot of 'nauts abilities sound OP on paper, but are generally balanced in game. Nuke and Snipe come to mind.
No excuse for splash dash or mighty throw tho

Snipe is okay. I just hate the 75 damage surprise snipes. But that's a topic for another thread. :ayla:

I change Nauts by who I want to play or I just random. Tank/support suits my playstyle better.
These lists keep getting bigger and you can contribute: The Awesomenauts Universe, The Skill Build List

Post subject: Re: [Fannaut] Xin, the Calias (Nerfed- by request!)
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:56 pm 

LE BUMP FROM THE ASHES

No upgrades yet. But feedback would still be awesome, as I'm actually working on another new 'naut...

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:01 am 

Here's feedback. Why does katana swing only deal damage over time? That's actually pretty horrible for an AA. If you do not plan on giving him instant damage on AA, then face-kunaiing doesn't seems a problem to me. But give kunai throw a slight delay so you can't press the skill button like mad for gigantic bursts. :ayla:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:04 pm 

Jezusiseenmeisje wrote:
Here's feedback. Why does katana swing only deal damage over time? That's actually pretty horrible for an AA. If you do not plan on giving him instant damage on AA, then face-kunaiing doesn't seems a problem to me. But give kunai throw a slight delay so you can't press the skill button like mad for gigantic bursts. :ayla:

Peh, Genji's cocoon has a delay and it's absolutely awful. :C I thought the majority of the damage would come from kunais, so the AA is mostly just there for keeping enemies away. Also, the katana could be on fire, yo! But I get what you're saying. Will consider.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:45 pm 

Cozyhut3 wrote:
Jezusiseenmeisje wrote:

Peh, Genji's cocoon has a delay and it's absolutely awful. :C I thought the majority of the damage would come from kunais, so the AA is mostly just there for keeping enemies away. Also, the katana could be on fire, yo! But I get what you're saying. Will consider.

Cocoon delay? No, I don't mean it like that. Just a short delay (say about half a second) after you hit with the first kunai before you can throw the second one. So you can't instakill folks by rapidly using kunai when they're in your face.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:05 pm 

Jezusiseenmeisje wrote:
Cozyhut3 wrote:
Jezusiseenmeisje wrote:

Cocoon delay? No, I don't mean it like that. Just a short delay (say about half a second) after you hit with the first kunai before you can throw the second one. So you can't instakill folks by rapidly using kunai when they're in your face.

OHHH. I like that! I'll probably change the ability to that when I put the upgrades in. :thumb:

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:14 pm 

HE HAS UPGRADES GUISE HE HAS UPGRADES GUISE HE HAS UPGRADES GUISE