Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Bekkie nezoomie (BRAND NEW THEME/KS)
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:32 pm 

This will only be applied to the first theme :

The tone of your manipulation is actually matching the lore of the character (partially, but it's still a good thing to know).
When I say partially, it's however because it actually creates a paradox where you're supposed to have a very invigorating music for your naut.
From 0:00 to 0:22, you managed to render the basic start of a theme. The rythm, even if taking a bit of time to gain in speed, is well-handled for a first try. Would recommend trying to use more tracks at 0:18 to harmonize the crescendo effect to the middle part.
From 0:22 to 0:36, that part is kinda lackluster in tonicity, and kinda make the first part a long loop with little change spread here and there. Suggesting to add a bit more of instrument track to maintain the player onto the "semi" last-part
From 0:36 to 0:51, being the main verse of your theme, I'll say that if you actually manage to improve the 2 other part quoted before and hold this one, the three part will actually chain themselves without any interruption and will be admirably better to hear (the first try you put there is however good, appart from the "bland" part)
The last part kinda cripple a bit the harmony of the theme, Knowing that Bekkie's lore mean a really fast-paced gameplay, you should obviously opt for something Groovy and borderline ultra-dynamic, but this last part just doesn't glue well with the rest.

Tl.dr : 1 more track to the first part, more musical devices for the second part, part 3 will be better automatically with the 2 first changed, and try to make a decrescendo ending for your theme.

Potential bias for having played a lot of musical pieces, so don't take everything as true words, music sense is purely subjective.

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post subject: Re: Bekkie nezoomie (BRAND NEW THEME/KS)
 Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:12 pm 

updated with a completely new character! Also rewrote bekkie's backstory as well as updated her theme and fixed a spelling mistake.

Go check out Sylver nezoomie, the biotic beserker! (art will be coming soon!)

Semi-Official discord server (will be full official when i mail kewn some gold star stickers)
https://discord.gg/0yByU7DBHdJLagVU

Post subject: Re: The Nezoomie trilogy (3rd naut + art)
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:37 pm 

Naut no. 3, King Perceus, the Merciless gelati king, is now on the main page, feedback is appreciated!

(necro and a half)

Semi-Official discord server (will be full official when i mail kewn some gold star stickers)
https://discord.gg/0yByU7DBHdJLagVU