Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: FanNaut OC: Dark Yuri
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:18 pm
Posts: 176
MurlocAggroB wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmb9cnx__hA
Seriously, what's the joke? Is it parody of new 'Nauts with designs too close to existing 'Nauts? But the last six 'Nauts have been pretty unique. Is it a parody of bad FanNauts? But anyone still making FanNauts these days has time to think them out. Is it a joke about edgy characters? If so, why the timing? Why Yuri? What's up with the stuff about squares?

I just.. like... I refer you back to Patrick. Really, why?

I like to think this is a joke about clone characters and how Capcom seems to think Evil Ryu is a vital character to the Street Fighter series

or maybe it's just a joke I dunno
still
10/10 would play

_________________
I kinda suck at this game, but it's too fun for me to stop playing
Mains: :derp: :clap: , :yoolip:, :ix: and :drool:
Also play sometimes maybe: :party: :aylaroll: :think: :sleep: :rocco: :tear: :LeonWink: :lolstar:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FanNaut OC: Dark Yuri
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:47 am
Posts: 1466
Location: The endless rabbit hole of Awesomenauts lore
its a joke about clone characters in smash brothers

the 1% difference in speed in and damage is what made this from a worthless zork post to a good zork post :thumb:

_________________
SAVE THE SOLAR TREE!
Emo Chapington wrote:
pyrogamerman wrote:
you have a bad lawyer

But Catgame is my lawy-
Oh.
:blabl: This proves Catgame is evil! :fist:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FanNaut OC: Dark Yuri
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:07 am 
Offline
Adminaut
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:03 pm
Posts: 10367
Location: Tech-Support. . . E-mail: sir.emo.chap@gmail.com
pyrogamerman wrote:
its a joke about clone characters in smash brothers

the 1% difference in speed in and damage is what made this from a worthless zork post to a good zork post :thumb:

Surely it's more a joke on dark versions in Nintendo games in general?
Dark Samus, Dark Pit, Dark Mario (or shadow Mario or ghost mario or whatever marios there were), Dark Bowser, Dark Link, Pseudo-Palutena (close enough), etc.

This is pretty much how Nintendo comes up with plot devices:
http://orig05.deviantart.net/50fd/f/2016/175/7/f/dark_tears_final_by_kata_009-da7jdw9.jpg

Wakkabanana wrote:
Skill 2: Dark Time Warp

Dark Yuri unleashes his Dark Energy Time Warp, similar to Yuri's except it is square.

Excuse me sir, but this is clearly identical to Yuri in every way.
(Yes I know the circle hitboxes are a thing now. It wasn't for a good while though)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FanNaut OC: Dark Yuri
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:34 pm
Posts: 4806
Location: The Storm
Burningdillo wrote:
I like to think this is a joke about clone characters and how Capcom seems to think Evil Ryu is a vital character to the Street Fighter series

Sure, I guess. I dunno what that has to do with Awesomenauts or OCs, though.

_________________
Visit and improve the Official Awesomenauts Wiki!
Comment on my FanNauts!
conorbebe wrote:
With a big, robotic ass :chew:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FanNaut OC: Dark Yuri
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3240
Location: Chicago
MurlocAggroB wrote:
Burningdillo wrote:
I like to think this is a joke about clone characters and how Capcom seems to think Evil Ryu is a vital character to the Street Fighter series

Sure, I guess. I dunno what that has to do with Awesomenauts or OCs, though.


Guys I didn't base Dark Yuri off anything, he's copyrighted, did you not see the copyright symbol?

Now if you excuse me, Kewn said we have to fight a lawsuit on some game companies stealing my idea.

_________________
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FanNaut OC: Dark Yuri
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:58 am
Posts: 976
Location: My Computer
Another spam "joke" in the creativity board. Yay.

_________________
GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Fan Naut - Dr. Talbot
Mah Scribblins
https://www.twitch.tv/real_marshmallow_fox


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FanNaut OC: Dark Yuri
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:54 pm
Posts: 1697
Location: Côte D'azur
Marshmallow_Fox wrote:
Another spam "joke" in the creativity board. Yay.


this is supposed to be kathy's job or ant/me to say this.

_________________
Steam :raehands:

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive


CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag


_olaffff wrote:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FanNaut OC: Dark Yuri
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:34 pm
Posts: 4806
Location: The Storm
The really gross part is that this got far more attention than any actual FanNaut has in a very long time (excluding that one with the jukebox? I think that had a few pages).

Effort? What's that? Nah, I'll just make funi memez and all the everyones will laff.
:aylaroll:

_________________
Visit and improve the Official Awesomenauts Wiki!
Comment on my FanNauts!
conorbebe wrote:
With a big, robotic ass :chew:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FanNaut OC: Dark Yuri
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:54 pm
Posts: 1697
Location: Côte D'azur
MurlocAggroB wrote:
The really gross part is that this got far more attention than any actual FanNaut has in a very long time (excluding that one with the jukebox? I think that had a few pages).


Except that It smells a second Valentina's drama with this one.

_________________
Steam :raehands:

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive


CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag


_olaffff wrote:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FanNaut OC: Dark Yuri
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3240
Location: Chicago
MurlocAggroB wrote:
The really gross part is that this got far more attention than any actual FanNaut has in a very long time (excluding that one with the jukebox? I think that had a few pages).

Effort? What's that? Nah, I'll just make funi memez and all the everyones will laff.
:aylaroll:



I don't know, if it got attention I must have put good effort into it.

_________________
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next