Post subject: [Fan-Naut] Morbus, Patient Zero
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:41 am 

Morbus
Role:Fighter
Hp:1300
Attack: Melee

Jump/Utility

High Jump
Morbus pushes himself upwards with his scythe allowing him to jump higher than others

Abilities:

Plague Reaper(Left Click)
-Uses an old worn out scythe
-Slashes in front of him
-has a 4.25 unit range
-Does 100 dmg with every slash
-Slashes every 0.6 secs

Epidemic(Middle Click)
-Goes into stasis for 1 sec
-Spores will last for 5 secs
-During the duration, Morbus fills his passive range with toxic spores,
-Spores do 65 dmg every sec
-Spores also do 120 additional dmg over 5 sec
-Spores DOT can be stack 3 times
-Has a 6 sec cooldown

Biohazard(Right Click)
Active
-Removes all stacks
-Enemies take 60 dmg for every stack
-Dmg is dealt over 5 secs
-Has a 7 sec cooldown

Passive
-Enemies in 8.5 units range will gain a stack of infection every 0.5 secs
-Max 8 stacks
-Stacks will last 3 secs
-All stacks will disappear at once

Upgrades

Plague Reaper

Sharpened scythe 125 Solar
-Increase your scythe dmg by 10%/20%

Infection wound 150 Solar
-Your attack now also does 20/40 dmg as addition DOT dmg over 3 sec

Lightweight scythe 100 Solar
-You will attack 10%/20% faster

Anti-friction wood 200 Solar
-You will no longer be slowed when attacking

Enchanted steel 200 Solar
-After not attacking for 2 sec, your first attack dealing 150 dmg around you(All four directions)

Cold Flu 150 Solar
-Your attacks slow them by 10%

Epidemic

Fungus 120 Solar
increase the dmg of spores by 10%/20% (DOT and base dmg)

Fertilizer 175 Solar
Reduce the cooldown of Epidemic by 1 sec

Fungus Soup 200 Solar
Heal for 90 health every second of Epidemic

something 200 Solar
Increase the duration of Epidemic by 1/2 sec

Airborne Spores 165 Solar
Increase the range of Epidemic by 10%/20% for the duration

Gyromitrin 150 Solar
Enemies will be slowed by 4% for every stack of spores on them(last 1 sec)

Biohazard

Extreme poison 150 Solar
Biohazard does 15% more dmg for every stack

Airborn infection 150 Solar
Increase the range of Biohazard by 10%

Weaken immune system 200 Solar
Enemies can have 2 more stacks on at a time

Something infection 175 Solar
Reduce the cooldown of Biohazard by 1 sec

Something 150 Solar
Enemies within biohazard are slowed by 10%

Antidote 225 Solar
Heal 30 hp for every stack used

Last edited by Sfex on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:11 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [Fan-Naut] Morbus, Patient Zero
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:43 am 

First off, interesting concept, however some things are rather off.

The autoattack has like, 70dps. Base damage should be a fair amount higher, even though if I'm understanding correctly he isn't about his aa, it would still be the lowest damaging aa in the game by far though.
As for the upgrades, I think some of them are neat, even though the 50% damage up probably isn't the best idea. Increasing base stats and toning down some of those ridiculous upgrades.
20% slow is also insane.

The middle click ability is certainly interesting. But 10 damage/s is pathetic, especially when you stack 450 damage over 5 seconds, unless it's the base damage/s that scales. Plus it gives you 1s of iframes.

for the rightclick, usually we don't add passives like that to abilities and instead add it onto the autoattack. Plus having an aura that does 10% every second essentially isn't good for balance either. I still like the whole saving up stacks on people to blow them up though.

Small tweaks will go a long way. Also you don't need upgrade names so immediately. Effects are fine for now then you can add effects and such.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:07 am 

Uiomancant wrote:
The autoattack has like, 70dps. Base damage should be a fair amount higher, even though if I'm understanding correctly he isn't about his aa, it would still be the lowest damaging aa in the game by far though.

hmm im sure ive seen some with lower, but i see what you mean with 40% more dmg from upgrades will only get it to 70dmg every 0.6 secs which is next to nothing
so increase that by a bit
Uiomancant wrote:
As for the upgrades, I think some of them are neat, even though the 50% damage up probably isn't the best idea. Increasing base stats and toning down some of those ridiculous upgrades.
20% slow is also insane.

ok so lower some of those
also all of the upgrades are for his main attack so far and 50% would have only taken him up to 105 dmg at most with 35 of that being done over 5 secs so ill tweak that abit
Uiomancant wrote:
The middle click ability is certainly interesting. But 10 damage/s is pathetic, especially when you stack 450 damage over 5 seconds, unless it's the base damage/s that scales. Plus it gives you 1s of iframes.

yh ok I didn't really think that through ill move some of the DOT dmg to base dmg
also iframes?
Uiomancant wrote:
for the rightclick, usually we don't add passives like that to abilities and instead add it onto the autoattack. Plus having an aura that does 10% every second essentially isn't good for balance either. I still like the whole saving up stacks on people to blow them up though.

im assuming by 10% you mean the dmg, ill change to flat dmg(which honestly will make it easier to work with)
Uiomancant wrote:
Small tweaks will go a long way. Also you don't need upgrade names so immediately. Effects are fine for now then you can add effects and such.

ill get thing balanced out as much as possible thank you for the help :D

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:14 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
As said, Plague Reaper has a marvelously low 83.3... DPS, putting it only slightly higher than a sawblade droid. Something between 140–200 is usually a good starting range (especially for a brawler/fighter/whatever the name is now).

Epidemic is somewhat similar to Refract, in the sense it briefly makes the 'Naut invulnerable and surrounds them with damage (as an upgrade for Ix and baseline here). 10 DPS is virtually nonexistent and would actually not count as damage at all because base regeneration would result in no net health change, but the stacking DoT is interesting—if not slightly reminiscent of Qi'Tara.

Biohazard is interesting (and passives are fine—avant-garde 'Naut designs). I would, personally, increase the number of maximum stacks available and reduce the damage per stack: a 25% maximum health DoT achieved in only 2.5 seconds is a bit on the powerful side considering it has a decent AoE as well. Against an "average" 'Naut with 1,350 HP, that's 337.5 damage or 67.5 DPS for five seconds just for standing vaguely near the enemy, and every 7 seconds at that.

It's giving me Heartstopper Aura vibes and I live for Necrophos, though.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:38 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
As said, Plague Reaper has a marvelously low 83.3... DPS, putting it only slightly higher than a sawblade droid. Something between 140–200 is usually a good starting range (especially for a brawler/fighter/whatever the name is now).

so i increased the dmg by a bit which now leads it to a dps of 166.7 (1 D.P) which is nicely just a little above 140 :D

Epidemic is somewhat similar to Refract, in the sense it briefly makes the 'Naut invulnerable and surrounds them with damage (as an upgrade for Ix and baseline here). 10 DPS is virtually nonexistent and would actually not count as damage at all because base regeneration would result in no net health change, but the stacking DoT is interesting—if not slightly reminiscent of Qi'Tara.

i moved some of his DOT dmg to his main dmg so i hope that balances it out a bit and i didnt even know the regeneration would just say NOPE to his incredible powerful 10 dmg

Biohazard is interesting (and passives are fine—avant-garde 'Naut designs). I would, personally, increase the number of maximum stacks available and reduce the damage per stack: a 25% maximum health DoT achieved in only 2.5 seconds is a bit on the powerful side considering it has a decent AoE as well. Against an "average" 'Naut with 1,350 HP, that's 337.5 damage or 67.5 DPS for five seconds just for standing vaguely near the enemy, and every 7 seconds at that.

well i changed it to a flat dmg instead of %hp dmg which is still kinda high so ill do as you said more stacks less dmg

lol I basically copied an ability without knowing xD

anyway Thank you for the help

EDIT:
I have accidentally increased the dmg so, I think that what I was planning idk anymore

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:57 pm 

Left click basic attack seems fine, except the DoT should probably just be one stage of somewhere around 90-120 damage over 4 seconds.
Also one stage of somewhere around 10 to 15% slow would be ideal, as a 5% slow isn't great. Or you could do something with the stack mechanic and have it apply slow when they're heavily infected or something. Up to you really.
The damage and attack speed upgrades should be closer together, 45% damage is far too much.
Most upgrades are 10% to 16% per stage, and not many of them have two stages. Even though some people don't like 13%/26% upgrades.

Also you should state how fast Epidemic applies its stacks, if it lasts 1s maybe it should apply stacks 4-6 times. So you can reliably get stacks off without expecting people to stand near you.
For the Epidemic upgrades, if there's two sources of damage usually they're combined into a single damage upgrade to make things simpler, 2s reduction would mean you can proc it every 4s, with 1s of invulnerability.
The healing is alright but shouldn't be three stages. Usually three stage things are for when you need the price to be high, but still work with multiple stages. Like roccos arrow upgrades.
I don't think duration would work on such a stationary skill already. Maybe some kind of slow?

Looking quite a bit better already though.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:52 am 

Uiomancant wrote:
Left click basic attack seems fine, except the DoT should probably just be one stage of somewhere around 90-120 damage over 4 seconds.
Also one stage of somewhere around 10 to 15% slow would be ideal, as a 5% slow isn't great. Or you could do something with the stack mechanic and have it apply slow when they're heavily infected or something. Up to you really.

hmm slow with stacks that could work well and increase it by some
do they normally have 1 or 2 stages?

Uiomancant wrote:
The damage and attack speed upgrades should be closer together, 45% damage is far too much.
Most upgrades are 10% to 16% per stage, and not many of them have two stages. Even though some people don't like 13%/26% upgrades.

ok so reduce the stages for dmg and reduce the percentage as well and probably have just 1 stage

Uiomancant wrote:
Also you should state how fast Epidemic applies its stacks, if it lasts 1s maybe it should apply stacks 4-6 times. So you can reliably get stacks off without expecting people to stand near you.
For the Epidemic upgrades, if there's two sources of damage usually they're combined into a single damage upgrade to make things simpler, 2s reduction would mean you can proc it every 4s, with 1s of invulnerability.

i either didn't explain the ability right or i didnt read this right so either way i messed up, epidemic works by putting you into stasis for one sec then you can move again, for 5 secs after stasis enemies within your passive area will get stack of spores every sec same as when the dmg goes through

Uiomancant wrote:
The healing is alright but shouldn't be three stages. Usually three stage things are for when you need the price to be high, but still work with multiple stages. Like roccos arrow upgrades.
I don't think duration would work on such a stationary skill already. Maybe some kind of slow?
the duration is for how long the spores will be in your passive not for the stasis
Looking quite a bit better already though.

ohh great idea a slow would be nice and change the heal got it
Thanks for the help (again!)