Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Rexics Art Contest: Cocos Birthday 100$ top prize!
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:52 am 

What a ride! Now that the contest is over here are all my unfiltered thoughts. The moment I saw Lowgrasswhite's artwork I knew I wasn't getting first... then I saw the original resolution and omg you seriously went for overkill. It really is a crazy good piece and deserves first place without a doubt. Honestly though, I wasn't even sure if second was guaranteed because there were so many other viable entries.

Haan' Dee - Very strong piece given the time you started it. You really nailed the urban aesthetic and her posture and especially her face are perfect.

Sean Low - This is the most unique and risky submission imo, and I always love when people take risks. Covering half the drawing with light may not have been the best idea if it wasn't going to be completed, but it was still a very well-thought-out piece of art and I'd love to see it finished.

DawidKay - Being a former Ronimo intern I'd expect you to draw well, so there's no surprise there.

ParaDox - You weren't afraid of going for a different pose, nice! Even though I won second place I feel like my pose was more on the generic side. It might seem trivial but throwing her arms over her head is something that would give a lot of artists, including me, anxiety.

fleppyflepster - I wasn't sure if Rexic would be able to resist the butt, especially one that covers half my monitor.

LOVE - I didn't know you could draw, You should enter more contests!

Rocco_The_Kangaroo - Your colors are really strong and her face looks better than most of the entries so I don't know where you're getting the idea that you can't draw. :drool:

Loved how many entries there were and waiting to see what pops up next is some of the most fun from these contests. Thanks for hosting this, Rexic, and thanks to everyone for all their hard work putting these together! :D

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:47 am 

I am TorchicZK :D my steam page https://steamcommunity.com/id/elmemerosupremoxdd/ I'm happy to have participated :thumb:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:40 am 

And what are your thoughts on my work, Luckytime?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:59 am 

Alright! Third place! :party: :scoop: :chew:

Luckytime wrote:
What a ride! Now that the contest is over here are all my unfiltered thoughts. The moment I saw Lowgrasswhite's artwork I knew I wasn't getting first... then I saw the original resolution and omg you seriously went for overkill. It really is a crazy good piece and deserves first place without a doubt. Honestly though, I wasn't even sure if second was guaranteed because there were so many other viable entries.

Haan' Dee - Very strong piece given the time you started it. You really nailed the urban aesthetic and her posture and especially her face are perfect.

Personally, the moment I saw your piece and lowgrasswhite's, I knew you guys would be in top 2, with the amazing job you guys did on the shading, the anatomy, the colors and atmosphere of the pieces, the small details. I really found the two fantastic. :worship:

But, yeah. Thanks for the kind words, dude. I'm really happy with how it turned out, as well, which happens rarely these days. :lolstar:
I went through so many ideas before getting here, including drawing her in a subway, drawing her in her sleeping quarters listening to music or reading and drawing her in front of her mirror doing her hair before receiving a call to join the Awesomenauts (which didn't fit her backstory upon rereading it, so I scratched that one).
In the end though, I went for a walk to help me decide and then I put on the TWEWY soundtrack and I was immediately like: Graffiti! :yoolip:
So there I was back to my desk drawing till 6am to meet the deadline and now I'm really happy I did it. :ix:

That being said, I really liked the pose and anatomy in ParaDox's piece. :LeonWink:

And Rocco_The_Kangaroo's piece had really nice colors, love Coco's facial expression and the soft outline really makes everything look nice. :thumb:

Overall, everyone did an amazing job and I'd like to thank Rexic as well for making these contests and incentivize everyone to draw more and improve ourselves. :clap: :clap: :clap:

You can call me Andy, Haan, or Andrew!
I like cartoons, TV shows and video games!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:32 pm 

Wp everyone, the winners deserved that!
Very good artwork overall. :ayla:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:03 am 

Banacizo wrote:
And what are your thoughts on my work, Luckytime?

I really liked that yours had a car in it, but the more I thought about it the more I realized there's a high chance that the car was traced. That's why I decided not to say anything :?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:59 am 

Thank you so much to everyone who liked my entry. :leoneyes:
It's ever so reassuring when a long period of work yields good results. I'm on cloud 9!

Many thanks to Rexic, for hosting. The contest has seen over 30 entries (there are ones only uploaded to Steam artwork showcase), and i'm so glad to see the Rexic contests grow in popularity. Keep making amazing art, guys!