Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Awesomenauts Webcomic?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:26 am 

Midyear break is coming and im planning on making a webcomic.

The only universe that i'm interested in drawing out is my alternate universe of Awesomenauts, and im not certain whether thats legal or not lol

im not usually able to keep to my plans, so this might not become a thing but if i decide to commit im wondering whether thats legal?

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts Webcomic?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:18 am 

It would be lovely to see more Awesomenauts fanarts! But, it is completely alright if you do not feel like drawing the comic, for no one can pressure you to do it. Also, you are not the only one who usually does not keep to their plans. :lolstar:

As for the legality part, I am not sure. But if I were to state my opinion, I see the comic as a lovely expression of love and appreciation by a fan towards Awesomenauts, even if the comic is about an alternate universe of Awesomenauts.

Can anyone help us by answering our question please? Our question regarding the legality.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:28 pm 

C-Blackwell wrote:
It would be lovely to see more Awesomenauts fanarts! But, it is completely alright if you do not feel like drawing the comic, for no one can pressure you to do it. Also, you are not the only one who usually does not keep to their plans. :lolstar:

As for the legality part, I am not sure. But if I were to state my opinion, I see the comic as a lovely expression of love and appreciation by a fan towards Awesomenauts, even if the comic is about an alternate universe of Awesomenauts.

Can anyone help us by answering our question please? Our question regarding the legality.

I had a friend that told me that it was legal since the comic would basically be a parody or fanart, and I wouldn't be making any money off of it so I might go on with the idea.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:26 am 

ToffeeRaven wrote:
I had a friend that told me that it was legal since the comic would basically be a parody or fanart, and I wouldn't be making any money off of it so I might go on with the idea.

Ah, I see. Thank you for the answer and reply. :)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:23 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
As far as I'm aware (and as said before), you're free to use Awesomenauts' content for non-profit purposes, so long as there's no intention nor attempt to claim the content used ('Nauts, story, etc.) as your own.

That is to say, a webcomic would be fine, so long as you make it clear that Ronimo owns the content it were based on.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.