Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: How Leaderboards and matchmaking work
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:42 am 

For the love of God, figure a way to handle solo queues vs. premades. This should be your top priority aside of fixing bugs and balancing.

Make solo queue the only possible way to gain ladder points/ranks, and make Quick Match only work for solo queueing renaming it into Ladder Game Match.

Ladder Game Match - only solo queue - plus ranking
Battle - same as before (premade) - minus ranking
Quick Match - same as before (you are matched with solo and/or premades) - minus ranking
Private Match - same as before ...
Practice - same as before (maybe allow settings for solar and levels, so we can test out builds and stuff on the fly).

I've really had it, constantly losing to pre-mades, because they're a full organized team, and I have an unorganized team or bots. It's like 70%:30% loss/win ration and I don't like that. I'm not a tard who can't play this game, but you just can't play against premades.

Fix the exploiting of naut switches on premades too while you're at it.

Also a lobby system would be nice.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:35 pm 

Funny how since my first post on this thread on Apr 12, 2013, I noticed the matchmaking and leaderboards got significantly worse.
Now everything I see this thread popping up, this is what I think:
"How Leaderboards and matchmaking work: It doesn't."

PSN: SilasChan

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:01 pm 

Tatsu Rabbit wrote:
Funny how since my first post on this thread on Apr 12, 2013, I noticed the matchmaking and leaderboards got significantly worse.
Now everything I see this thread popping up, this is what I think:
"How Leaderboards and matchmaking work: It doesn't."

Restless Frager wrote:
There's nobody decent to have on your team because they all play in premades, you won't matchmake into them.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:49 pm 

I'm Rank 3 (top 25%), and I only win 30% of my matches.

I also play Starcraft 2, in which I am Silver League (bottom 40%) and I still win exactly 50% of my matches.

Now, I know you guys aren't Blizzard, and this community isn't as big as Starcraft's, but come on. 30% win ratio? Either you are matching me with the wrong people or you've put me in the wrong league.

You guys have created a really fun game but it is being ruined by your matchmaking system. Playing against the decidedly better team is not only unfun, it is downright miserable. 30 minutes of just slowly losing while they taunt you constantly.

Work on it. Please.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:53 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Matching with players who have more exactly the same skill as we do now is impossible without simply having a lot more players. There is only so much that can be done with the current user base.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:35 pm 

Joost wrote:
Matching with players who have more exactly the same skill as we do now is impossible without simply having a lot more players. There is only so much that can be done with the current user base.

League 3 is basically where any regular player ends up, so constant losers and constant winners end up together and never really leave until the leaderboard resets. Are you absolutely certain you can't take that 25% margin and simply divide it up a bit more, even just by half?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:27 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

naskr wrote:
League 3 is basically where any regular player ends up, so constant losers and constant winners end up together and never really leave until the leaderboard resets. Are you absolutely certain you can't take that 25% margin and simply divide it up a bit more, even just by half?

League 3 is quite large, but leagues 1 to 3 together still only hold 33% of all daily Awesomenauts gaming hours. We tried splitting further than that at some point, but the result was simply lots of matches with less than 6 players.

Also, keep in mind that a slight change here has no effect. Players would only perceive it as 'better' if we at least doubled the number of leagues.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:28 am 

Joost wrote:

This game is absolutely miserable to play when teams are mismatched. Between those matchmaking issues and the brutal learning curve, I doubt you will ever grow the user base.

You may be telling me the problem is unsolvable. I'm saying if you don't solve it, it doesn't matter how fun the underlying game is (very fun), you're sunk.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:24 am 

Hi, guys. I have a question... I recently purchase awesomenauts after trying the -free-to-play- weekend and now, everytime i try to play the matchmaking doesn't work and always end up playing with bots. Please, if u guys know what's wrong answer or mail me to maria.solias@gmail.com Thank u :)

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:25 am 

Maliasolias wrote:
Hi, guys. I have a question... I recently purchase awesomenauts after trying the -free-to-play- weekend and now, everytime i try to play the matchmaking doesn't work and always end up playing with bots. Please, if u guys know what's wrong answer or mail me to maria.solias@gmail.com Thank u :)

Try changing your matchmaking search area to Worldwide in the Settings.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next