Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: How Leaderboards and matchmaking work
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:11 am 

I finally figured out why I keep having noobs on my team, the matchmaking keeps putting me with lower ranked players cuz I'm ranked high. It's very annoying and is making the game unfun at times. I guess it gives me the opportunity to teach people how to play though.

Does character choice matter? If you go a completely random character instead of one you regularly use does it effect what the matchmaking sees your skill as?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:45 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Jebril wrote:
Does character choice matter? If you go a completely random character instead of one you regularly use does it effect what the matchmaking sees your skill as?

Nope, character doesn't matter at all.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:26 pm 

FTY wrote:
For the love of God, figure a way to handle solo queues vs. premades. This should be your top priority aside of fixing bugs and balancing.

Make solo queue the only possible way to gain ladder points/ranks, and make Quick Match only work for solo queueing renaming it into Ladder Game Match.

Ladder Game Match - only solo queue - plus ranking
Battle - same as before (premade) - minus ranking
Quick Match - same as before (you are matched with solo and/or premades) - minus ranking
Private Match - same as before ...
Practice - same as before (maybe allow settings for solar and levels, so we can test out builds and stuff on the fly).

I've really had it, constantly losing to pre-mades, because they're a full organized team, and I have an unorganized team or bots. It's like 70%:30% loss/win ration and I don't like that. I'm not a tard who can't play this game, but you just can't play against premades.

Fix the exploiting of naut switches on premades too while you're at it.

Also a lobby system would be nice.

Do that.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:32 pm 

Jebril wrote:
I finally figured out why I keep having noobs on my team, the matchmaking keeps putting me with lower ranked players cuz I'm ranked high. It's very annoying and is making the game unfun at times. I guess it gives me the opportunity to teach people how to play though.

I know how you feel bro :C

Last season when I started playing solo, I had lots of great matches, but now, League 2, rank 800-900, I'm always team with noobs, while i manage to keep my level with my opponents, my team mate fall behind quickly. Its quite frustration tbh. I'm not saying I want pros on my team, but people of equal skills, which I do get 1/5 times.

I can only hope something can be done :C

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:39 pm 

Loving this game, but i am really frustrated of the match making. Some days we get a few days in a row when we get really good opponents that are around my level, and now for 3 days in a row, we keep getting opponents who absolutely decimate us. It's just not fun. I've no interest to play against some prestige 6-8 guys when im on my first prestige myself.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:13 am 

Hi, i think this has to be fixed or tweaked:

-If players join as a group through the Battle lobby, they remain a group. This way it can happen that in a 1vs0 match, a 3 player premade joins and suddenly it is 1vs3.

I'm playing alone, and waiting if someone joins, and suddenly 3x1. The last days i loose 5 or 6 match like that. Its frustrating...

- Or you improve the AI to raise the necessary level to simulate a pseudo pro player
- Or the group has to be separated
- Or the team has to be delayed some time, waiting if the actual player get a real player in their team and joins after that
- Or...

I understood that trying to play in team and get a change of side is no the idea of playing in team, but seems more balanced and fun for everyone. There is someone who enjoy winning a 3x1?

Bye!"

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:44 am 

All these convoluted posts about which queues should allow what type of players and how much they should impact rating when all we need is
1: Rated Queue
2: Casual (Unrated) Queue

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:58 am 

CaptainX24 wrote:
All these convoluted posts about which queues should allow what type of players and how much they should impact rating when all we need is
1: Rated Queue
2: Casual (Unrated) Queue

This sounds good on paper, but dividing the already small player base doesn't sound right to me.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:32 pm 

My win % just keeps on going down and down and down and down after each win. What's causing this?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:05 pm 

Quote:
-When there are many players online, it will search 3 leagues wide (so if you are in league 6, it will search for matches in leagues 5 to 7). When there are fewer players online, it searches wider to increase the chance of getting a full match. It then searches in 5 leagues (so league 6 will search for matches in leagues 4 to 8). Despite this, leagues 1 and 9 will never search in league 5.

I spent years as a professional game tester working on Indy games as well as AAA titles. I can say without a doubt, this 1 piece of matchmaking alone is the biggest matchmaking design flaw I've seen in my life.

There is no reason at all that a league 3-4 should be playing against a league 1 player. Absolute ignorance by the developer.

Searching 1 league wide would vastly improve the matchmaking immediately. I believe that 90%+ of your player base would be willing to wait to slightly longer to get a better match-up.

Please implement this as a hot-fix ASAP and you will see immediate improvements, and a happier player base.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next