Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Can't launch the game.
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:58 am 

Just installed it, all my video card drivers are up to date. I click "Play" in Steam, get a second long popup saying "Preparing to launch Awesomenauts" which then disappears, my Steam icon shows me playing Awesomenauts for 1 second before I go back to simply "Online" and then nothing happens.

How do I get Awesomenauts to work?

Post subject: Re: Can't launch the game.
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:13 am 

i am having the same issue. i paid for the game and i can't even play it. please fix this soon, im am not very happy about this. i think it might be an issue with steam cloud sync for me. i played on one computer and then when i go to my other computer it won't launch at all. it just does what devilman501 was talking about.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:06 am 

ShadowAgent, I dug around and figured a fix from some Google snooping. I'm using Windows 7 64x mind you, but it turns out that some of the DirectX stuff most games automatically download on Steam, Awesomenauts didn't. So download this Microsoft Redistributable Package 86x.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8328

If you're running a 64x system or not, I believe 86x is what you need, because my system is 64x and the 64x package didn't fix anything. All works with the 86x.

If it doesn't however, exit and close Steam completely, navigate to
C://Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Awesomenauts

Then click on the game icon in there. It should give you a pop up telling you what files you are missing. For me it gave me a pop-up saying "The program can't start because msvcr100.dll is missing from your computer."

That Microsoft Package fixes the actual msvcr100.dll problem, but if there's something else stopping you from playing, pop whatever it nags you about into google and look around for a fix. Hope this helped! :D

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:24 am 
Ronimo Team Member

What devilman501 is saying might indeed be the problem, but if the installer failed, then you don't need to download these parts yourself from the internets: they are included with the game. If that is indeed what is going wrong, then you should run each of these three by hand. The installer normally runs the following three programs automatically:

Steam\steamapps\common\awesomenauts\Data\VCRedist\vcredist_x86.exe

Steam\steamapps\common\awesomenauts\Data\VCRedist\vcredist_x86 2010.exe

Steam\steamapps\common\awesomenauts\Data\DirectXRedist\DXSETUP.exe

If that doesn't help: please try running the game directly from your harddisk. What exactly happens when you do that? The launcher and the game can be found here:

Steam\steamapps\common\awesomenauts\AwesomenautsLauncher.exe

Steam\steamapps\common\awesomenauts\Awesomenauts.exe

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:21 pm 

This mainly happens to most steam games that have a launcher like dungeon defenders which had the same

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:14 am 

Don't mean to be a Necro.
But i have the same problem, but a little bit more different.
I'm not the most computer savvy guy in the world so Simple instructions would be appreciated haha.

When i load up the computer, or check my Awesomenaughts file i get this exact message:

"C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR100.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

The thing is, I've downloaded the "Microsoft Redistributable Package 86x."
But when i run it i get the option to repair or remove it.
If i go to repair it it fails. Says it had a fatal error during installation.
When i try to remove it. It says it had a fatal error as well.

Wut do?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:04 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Have you tried the suggestions Joost gave. The file your missing is a MicroSoft Visual C++ Redistributable file. Which means the proper installer executables didn't run when installing awesomenauts.

This problem should be solved when you do the following:
1) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam or C:\Program Files\Steam or wherever you have steam installed.
2) Find and run these three files in the steam folder.
Steam\steamapps\common\awesomenauts\Data\VCRedist\vcredist_x86.exe
Steam\steamapps\common\awesomenauts\Data\VCRedist\vcredist_x86 2010.exe
Steam\steamapps\common\awesomenauts\Data\DirectXRedist\DXSETUP.exe

So the first file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\awesomenauts\Data\VCRedist\vcredist_x86.exe

3) After running all three .exe files you should try restarting the game.

Please let me know if you need more help.