Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Launching AWESOMENAUTS crashes whole steam after loading
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:25 pm 

Hello there lads.

Repost from: http://steamcommunity.com/app/204300/di ... 359531824/

I start the game, I launch it through the AwesomenautsLauncher, the game starts to load.
After the loading it crashes WHOLE steam. The game is not-responding but still running. While steam not.

This is what shows up from time to time: http://imgur.com/LXLUVv5

I thought this is problem with my pc - I tried it on my netbook and same thing happened.
So it is something that is tied to my account. Sadly I don't have another account with Awesomenauts to try it out.

EDIT: Just gave access to one of my another accounts - Same thing happened. I am speechless and I have 0 idea what in the blue hell is going on.

I need to add that it was a LOOOONG time since I played it. But I had all the achievement since the last one.

My HW:
Mouse: Razer Mamba 16 000
Mousepad: Razer Goliathus L Control
Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma
1st Monitor: Benq XL2411Z
2nd Monitor: Benq FP202W
Box: Fractal Define Mini
GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K [OC @4,8 Ghz]
MB: Gigabyte Z87M-D3H
RAM: Kingston 2x4 GB + Corsair 2x4 GB [KIT DDR3 1600 MHz]
Fan Regulator: NZXT Sentry 3
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
HDD: Some 500 GB
PSU: Seasonic G Series 650 W
+ Lenovo IdeaPadS210 Touch

Tried so far:
1. Verify integrity of the game
2. Deleted DATA and verified
3. Turning off Avast
4. Turning off plays.tv
5. Reinstalled C++ from data/vcredist
6. All of the above
7. Tried to run as administrator (both exes)
8. Turning off steamoverlay
9. I even tried turning off my second monitor (helped in POSTAL 2)
10. Turned my monitor from 144Hz to 60Hz
11. Clearing my steam cache
12. Trying most of the settings

What have I not tried:
1. Reinstalling steam.

Post subject: Re: Launching AWESOMENAUTS crashes whole steam after loading
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:20 am 

I've been having the exact same problem for the last few months.
Been waiting for a fix, so far there's been no progress.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:50 am 

What I would recommend:

Try running Steam in a Compatibility Mode setting
Run Steam as Administrator
Look for any conflicting DirectX or OpenGL programs that may be running and end their processes / services; also, install the latest versions of both if desired
Upgrade Device Drivers (generally graphics)
Uninstalling any incompatible programs: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -SFLZ-9289 (Avast! antivirus is listed as one of said programs, although simply disabling it and said firewall for testing should suffice)
Make sure firewall and registry permissions are correctly set up for both Steam and Awesomenauts (generally doing a re-install or installer fixes application should suffice for Steam, and verifying game cache integrity should work for Nauts)
Check to make sure your User is within' the Administrators Usergroup (recommended from Steam Forums)
Update all Windows / OS Settings via Updater (I'm not saying go upgrade to windows 10, but if you're using XP or something it might be causing some issues...)

I would advise sending crash logs to both valve and Ronimo as well, to further help pinpoint the issue if the above recommendations do not help you any further.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:15 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Hey!

I've had several e-mail threads already with people facing similar issues and there's really nothing in there that seems to have helped these users. The last few steps I gave them (which I never got a reply back from if they worked or not) were the following:
Quote:
From this point forward I'd start looking into people reporting the same bootstrapper error.

I've found someone necrobumping a steam thread with a bootstrapper error who fixed it after doing a checkdisk thing that you can give a shot: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 188/?ctp=3
In that same thread someone also has the quicker fix of you deleting steamui.dll and redownloading it right after:
I'm sorry there's no real definitive fix here, you sadly seem to be a fringe case with our guys even not really fully understanding what's happening. Keep me posted if either of these work!

I'm sorry we can't help you any further, I hope this helps :(

Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:35 am 

Kewn wrote:
Hey!

I've had several e-mail threads already with people facing similar issues and there's really nothing in there that seems to have helped these users. The last few steps I gave them (which I never got a reply back from if they worked or not) were the following:
Quote:
From this point forward I'd start looking into people reporting the same bootstrapper error.

I've found someone necrobumping a steam thread with a bootstrapper error who fixed it after doing a checkdisk thing that you can give a shot: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 188/?ctp=3
In that same thread someone also has the quicker fix of you deleting steamui.dll and redownloading it right after:
I'm sorry there's no real definitive fix here, you sadly seem to be a fringe case with our guys even not really fully understanding what's happening. Keep me posted if either of these work!

I'm sorry we can't help you any further, I hope this helps :(

Nope, none of the things there helped :GnawCry:
Looks like my break from Nauts is gonna be a little longer than I thought.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:38 am 
Ronimo Team Member

I'm not entirely up to speed on this issue since Kewn replied before, so sorry if this was already done.

Have you sent logs and crash dump already? Is there a crash dump? That would be a .dmp file in the same as Awesomenauts.exe. The logs are also in that folder, just sent them all. Could you sent those to joost@ronimo-games.com? You can use something like WeTransfer.com if the files are too big for email.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:58 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Good news everyone!

We've made a custom executable in which the crash should no longer occur. Please download it and overwrite your normal Awesomenauts.exe with this. To find Awesomenauts on your harddisk, right click the game in Steam, go to Properties, then the Local Files tab and then press Browse Local Files.

Awesomenauts.exe

Could you try this and let me know if the crash no longer occurs?

(this exe also still has the font fix in it, in case there's any overlap with that, by the way.)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:30 am 

I'm unable to download the file... and this issue started creeping up a week or so ago for me.

Crashes everytime after sleep on the 'profile load' -- taking steam with it. Have to restart and then it works fine.