Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: PS4 controller in Big Picture mode trigger bugs?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:50 pm 

my last xbox controller finally died so I've been playing the game with a PS4 controller in big picture mode.

I played the worst game of Yuri ever last night and I realized it's the controller acting up. So basically I have jump/jetpack mapped to the right trigger, and it seems like often on the PS4 controller, additional presses will register when I'm releasing the trigger.

On Yuri, this means sometimes you'll try to turn off your jetpack, but it will turn off then turn on again really quickly. On other characters with a double jump, you'll see the double jump be wasted by an accidental press.

Steam has some settings in Big Picture mode for adjusting how the triggers are handled (threshold, hip fire, etc), but I had a bit of trouble finding a combination that worked.

I'm also not totally sure how robust the Big Picture settings are, if you need to restart the game between changes, etc. TBH I think I'll probably just get another xbox controller, but in case anyone else has similar issues, here ya go.

Post subject: Re: PS4 controller in Big Picture mode trigger bugs?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:11 pm 

big picture mode is a meme

Post subject: Re: PS4 controller in Big Picture mode trigger bugs?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 am 

Thanks for reporting!