Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Report is broken
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:49 am 

I honestly believe the report is broken as I continuously get the same griefers (not bad people but people who admit to throwing games) over the course of a few months with reports being sent each time it happens. I have reported in game and through the cheating email. Why have a report button if you will never issue bans? If you are only going to ban hackers, then why have the options for anything else? Also, with the amount of harassment that goes on, why don't you have a way to issue just chat bans. That will not only deal with the harassment but the report load if that is the issue.

Post subject: Re: Report is broken
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:43 am 

This doesnt really help you, but chat bans exist already. If someone gets reported a bunch in global chat they are auto chat banned for a period and cannot send messages in global chat or in a match.

Also dont tell anyone, but if you spam report someone like 10-20 times in global chat this auto ban still kicks in even if no one else has reported. :shady:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:23 am 

Any news on this? Or are you guys taking the approach you do with reports: ignoring them?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:20 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Why are you reporting griefers to the cheating email?

Griefing, while unpleasant, is not cheating.

koltonaugust wrote:
Any news on this? Or are you guys taking the approach you do with reports: ignoring them?

Did you not want replies, then?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:02 pm 

Whenever someone is playing for the other team or not playing they are, in fact, breaking the rules which is (da da da duuuun) cheating.

As for wanting a response: yes, I actually do want someone from ronimo to explain to me why they have a complete waste of time, placebo button in their game. If they aren't going to do anything about the reports they receive get rid of the button. Keeping this button is a completely skeevy thing to do.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:41 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I challenge you to find me the rule that argues you must participate in the match once it begins. I know they exist for third-party programs (and, therefore, 90% of cheating), but griefing too?

Reports do make a difference, as Stev said, and Ronimo have never really been ones for bans. Mainly because each ban would make up about 18% of the active playerbase at this point.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:55 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
I challenge you to find me the rule that argues you must participate in the match once it begins. I know they exist for third-party programs (and, therefore, 90% of cheating), but griefing too?

Here ya go.
https://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33881

Quote:
Verbal abuse
The same goes for reporting people who type extreme vulgarities or verbal abuse in the chat (racism, sex, illnesses, etc.). We will ban repeated offenders from public matchmaking. Please only report verbal abuse in the extremest of cases, though!

Griefing
Repeated cases of intentional feeding/idling/"griefing" are treated the same as verbal abuse. Please think carefully before you report someone for griefing though, there may be a good reason why someone is idle for a while and just because someone has a lot of deaths doesn't mean he is feeding intentionally.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:20 pm 

I was hoping people had forgotten about that thread.

At any rate, the report button does work—Ronimo probably don't read them anyway, though.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:58 pm 

If the report button is working and they aren't reading them then the report system is still broken. My point is that if there is no point in reporting, remove the button. Stop treating your playerbase like morons and actually put some work into moderating the game.

I don't understand the argument that banning people will get rid of 18% of the playerbase, because by getting rid of the people who are breaking your rules, you're making the the game more playable to new players. Even if they didn't get new people the cheaters would still play. "The penalty for cheating is a permanent ban to the cheat league. You will still be able to play online, but only against other cheaters (which usually means you'll be playing solo)."

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:33 pm 

Spam reporting will mute players, though. It's better than nothing.

I agree that Ronimo should handle them better, but they don't.

Also, we're not making the game more playable for new players, because there aren't any new players—there also aren't enough cheaters, feeders, nor whiners in the miniature playerbase for the likelihood of a "new" player encountering them to be anything meaningful.

I mean, I'd moderate, but I'm not a moderator.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote: