Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Report is broken
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:31 pm 

Please stop bumping a 6+ month old thread.

The reporting feature is completely automated for the most part, with only direct reports going to cheating@ronimo-games.com (which is rarely checked). This process is automated almost entirely because there is not enough staff on hand to review as many reports as they get on a daily basis. Feel free to report anytime someone does something that would be applicable (cheating, griefing, harassment, etc.) and after enough reports they will be banned.

If this person commits the same offense that often, then they *will* be banned due to influx of reports.

Brightside wrote:
so like... i can spam report someone and basically ban him from global chat, well anyone can.

u would say that would be an easy fix right?

how is it still there after like 6 months?

just how...

:table:

Repeatedly issuing and spamming reports on an individual will end up with a self-ban; please do not attempt this unless you'd like your chat privileges restricted in-game. This warning is issued when you file a report on an individual as well, as to acknowledge that fact.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:48 am 

Nekomian wrote:
The reporting feature is completely automated for the most part, with only direct reports going to cheating@ronimo-games.com (which is rarely checked).

Once a week is enough.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:42 am 

I've literally bumped this thread 3 times in 6 months. A bug is a bug and should be known by the community and the developers until it is fixed. I have not heard of a report actually having any consequence whatsoever (on the reporter or the reported).

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:48 pm 

As an update, I have reached out to the development team about this issue; their response, in summary, is as follows:
-----
The report process isn't 100% autonomous, as it batches the reports per week and they are handled *manually* there. They are generally processed in order by number of reports (with users with most reports being handled first), with more serious offenses (cheating, in-game manipulation tools) taking precedence and being banned more proactively than other, smaller offenses.

Additionally, the ban itself is up to the judgement of the dev currently reviewing the report itself; for social stuff, like trolling and cursing, they look at how bad at is and how often it happens, and then judge the situation based on that. Light trolling might require a lot of reports before they do something, while very heavy trolling might trigger a ban much quicker.
-----
Lastly, it should be noted that although the majority of the process is automated that bans *are* handled out manually; this DOES include chat / global bans, though these are significantly lesser offenses that have no matchID associated and are usually taken with a grain of salt. That being said, if enough people report you, the person in charge of the reporting for that week (note that they only have a limited amount of time per week to issue bans) will most likely initiate said ban, depending on the severity.

Reports *do* have consequence and reason behind them, and are moderated by, as Joost's words put it quite nicely, "the common sense of a human being". If you have any suggestions or further commentary to the current report system feel free to leave them, but do note that frequently reported players that commit ban-able offenses ARE processed on a case-by-case basis by staff involved. If I'd ever expressed any notion personally that the system auto-bans based on reports, I would like to redact said statements given this new information; it does no such thing.

I also apologize for anyone dealing with griefers, AFKers, or blatant homophobic, racist, or otherwise inappropriate remarks; this kind of behavior should not be tolerated within' the community; be that as it may, the team does do the best job they can to handle these cases. As from these comments, I understand that people have personally encountered individuals whom they believe should be banned (as I have myself); however, this is up to the discretion of the individual reviewing these reports, and is not a self-dispensed and guaranteed ban due to personal feelings or vendettas.

If you encounter someone behaving inappropriately, simply report them; as I said earlier, if they repeat this offense, they *will* receive compensation due to influx of reports when the appropriate personnel reviews their case.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death