Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Lockout after Laptop crash.
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:33 am 

So I was just playing the videogame, as you do. game started lagging and I quickly crashed. Probably on my end cause it was getting really hot in my room anyway. When I logged back in ready to tell them why I randomly disconnected from the game I got the lockout for leaving.

I assume it gave it to me cause the game didn't crash and it's treating me as though it was forcibly closed, but my entire laptop shut down due to overheating. Probably wont get fixed but it's an issue. Or something.

Edit cause I totally forgot to add this:
When my power went off earlier in the day (Not sure if it was connected or not, but it happened) I did not get a lockout. We weren't really close to losing and there would've been around a minute left on the lockout if it did occur.

Last edited by Uiomancant on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Lockout after Laptop crash.
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:26 am 

Joost wrote:
This is because the game cannot reliably distinguish between a genuine network error and a cheater who unplugged his network cable. No matter how we try to detect this, there is always some way a hacker can make it look like a genuine network error.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:36 am 

ScR wrote:
Joost wrote:
This is because the game cannot reliably distinguish between a genuine network error and a cheater who unplugged his network cable. No matter how we try to detect this, there is always some way a hacker can make it look like a genuine network error.

It's weirder than that. My power went off earlier in the day and I didn't get locked out. Which I should've included in the OP but I forgot.

EDIT: Could it be that the second game hadn't ended, and that's why it had locked me out? Or perhaps the other way around. In that case I would've loved to reconnect.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:14 am 

Uiomancant wrote:
It's weirder than that. My power went off earlier in the day and I didn't get locked out. Which I should've included in the OP but I forgot.

EDIT: Could it be that the second game hadn't ended, and that's why it had locked me out? Or perhaps the other way around. In that case I would've loved to reconnect.

It's one of the two. While you were rebooting the match was already over, or the match crashed completely and everyone got locked out. I had this once. The match crashed during droppod stage and was over because all 6 players were kicked simultaneously (so there was no host to keep it running). All 6 got locked.