Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Upgrades and solar are lost upon DC
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:20 pm 

BS84WV0 6:15

As you can see, my teammate Silver_fang had some troubles with the connection, then DC'ed and shortly after his successful return we found out he lost all his solar and upgrades. While most of us collected 900 of solar, he started over with only 200.

DC is a common thing these days, but losing everything could turn the tables completely (hopely not this time). I think this case requires an investigation.

Post subject: Re: Upgrades and solar are lost upon DC
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:49 am 

Sevenecho wrote:
BS84WV0 6:15

As you can see, my teammate Silver_fang had some troubles with the connection, then DC'ed and shortly after his successful return we found out he lost all his solar and upgrades. While most of us collected 900 of solar, he started over with only 200.

DC is a common thing these days, but losing everything could turn the tables completely (hopely not this time). I think this case requires an investigation.

This has been happening for months, and happens when you dc tons. It happens to me sometimes when the host is particularly far away, despite my internet being alright.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:42 am 

Uiomancant wrote:
This has been happening for months, and happens when you dc tons. It happens to me sometimes when the host is particularly far away, despite my internet being alright.

He had only one DC that match.
This also never happened to me, even when I had to reconnect five or six times a row due to unknown reason. And this is the first time someone encountered this problem in my match (I'm sure of it, since this is a real tragedy, people start complaining immediately). I believe there have to be reasons more than just "tons of dc".

Besides, how is this even working? Every player must be "remembered" by the match so after dc he - and no other - could reconnect and continue his progress. I can imagine the system loses this data and the player just won't ever come back. But for all sakes - how can anyone be "remembered" and tagged as a new player simultaneously? That's what amuses me %)
Forgive me my insistence, but I still think the source of this problem should be found. Even if it is the rarest case.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:50 pm 

Sevenecho wrote:
He had only one DC that match.
This also never happened to me, even when I had to reconnect five or six times a row due to unknown reason. And this is the first time someone encountered this problem in my match (I'm sure of it, since this is a real tragedy, people start complaining immediately). I believe there have to be reasons more than just "tons of dc".

Besides, how is this even working? Every player must be "remembered" by the match so after dc he - and no other - could reconnect and continue his progress. I can imagine the system loses this data and the player just won't ever come back. But for all sakes - how can anyone be "remembered" and tagged as a new player simultaneously? That's what amuses me %)
Forgive me my insistence, but I still think the source of this problem should be found. Even if it is the rarest case.

One dc is weird. It only happened to me when I keep dcing during solar drop, which might have something to do with it.
This feels like a game of guess who though, and I am going off memory cause it hasn't happened for me in a while.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:26 pm 

Uiomancant wrote:

i've encountered this ever since i started playing the game like four years ago, and it happens whenever it feels like happening

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:35 am 

My favorite one I should have screenshot was on ps4 a guy DC'd and came back with 5000 solar. I think it was because that was the highest setting on custom matches "start with solar".

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:22 am 

I "losing upgrades" happen a few times, but never "losing solar".