Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Map preview in character select screen is small & indistinct
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:47 am 

Hello all,

I don't know how you feel about this, but I keep forgetting there's a map preview in the character select screen 90% of the time.
In my opinion, the icon is too small and it's neither clear that it's a map preview, nor what map is being played. I can't image new players will know what it represents, if they even see it.
Please make it bigger, highlight it, make it say "Today's game is broadcasted live vom Sorona" or whatever you can think of to let people know what map they will be playing on.

In case you think I might overexaggerate, I'm playing on a 55" TV with about 4m viewing distance and at least with this setup, the current map icon very hard to read. The rest of the interface is mostly fine though.

Regards,
R

edit: The window to space in the character select screen could be a good place to show the map in form of a planet.

Last edited by Rekz on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Map preview in character select screen is small & indist
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:31 am 

Rekz wrote:
Hello all,

I don't know how you feel about this, but I keep forgetting there's a map preview in the character select screen 90% of the time.
In my opinion, the icon is too small and it's neither clear that it's a map preview, nor what map is being played. I can't image new players will know what it represents, if they even see it.
Please make it bigger, highlight it, make it say "Today's game is broadcasted live vom Sorona" or whatever you can think of to let people know what map they will be playing on.

In case you think I might overexaggerate, I'm playing on a 55" TV with about 4m viewing distance and at least with this setup, the current map icon very hard to read. The rest of the interface is mostly fine though.

Also you can't see the map after you've picked.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:07 pm 

We have different loadscreens for all official maps. Using them half-transparent as a background during select screen might help. It would also solve the "concealing after picking" issue.

This problem is almost entirely graphical. Since most of Ronimo staff are graphical artists, I cannot see why they would refuse if we ask.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:10 pm 

yea i always forgot at first too but soon it became a habit and now i always remember to check i think its fine imo