Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Locked out for trying to join a match (Frequent Issue)
 Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:27 am 

So this is a relatively common issue that I've been having, and before you say that it's my router, I play about 10 games correctly, mostly fine with the lag everyone has come to expect from awesomenauts, get a brazilian in a match and then the next match i get locked out.

My game says it's joining the match which I already know is going to be a problem because usually it just joins before I can even read that its joining. Then it says I'm disconnected and it will not let me push any buttons except exit a replay if I am watching one (no it doesn't only happen in replays). I try to close the window by pushing close all windows and awesomenauts spams me with about 5 messages saying the game data has become corrupted, so I have to force it close. When I restart awesomenauts imagine my surprise (-_- <---- my surprised face) to have been locked out without any option to rejoin the game I never was put in. This often happens around 12-1am -06:00UTC

I believe this is a problem with the matchmaking when it either puts people all over the world together (why am I still playing with Brazil, Chinese, UK, etc on a P2P connection under general matchmaking?) or it doesn't find a match. Please find a way to avoid the 5 minute way before rejoining the six minute queue for something that players didn't cause. Just put us back in the queue.

Post subject: Re: Locked out for trying to join a match (Frequent Issue)
 Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:19 am 

koltonaugust wrote:
I believe this is a problem with the matchmaking when it either puts people all over the world together (why am I still playing with Brazil, Chinese, UK, etc on a P2P connection under general matchmaking?) or it doesn't find a match. Please find a way to avoid the 5 minute way before rejoining the six minute queue for something that players didn't cause. Just put us back in the queue.

The game does work when you have people all over the world, as it happens to me frequently. Not finding a match does put you in another queue.

It sounds like there might be problems with your game, have you done all the general things like look at the FAQ? I assume you have but you must make sure with these kinds of things.

Post subject: Re: Locked out for trying to join a match (Frequent Issue)
 Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 am 

I have. It happens generally once a week which isn't terrible, but I don't play it often enough, so the 30 minute forced wait through all of it kind of sucks.