Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Game crashes on startup
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:18 am 

Hey there,
I have been experiencing this same problem over and over again. I start the game, launcher starts, i start the game and then the display turns blakc and the game crashes.
It occured on both my computers and I tried every possible step to fix this issue i could find either on steam forums or here.
I tried manually installin drivers, updated the system, tried to reinstall game, checked integrity of files and so on....
I have no idea how to fix this, someone please help.
I tried to write an email to awesomenauts support but got no response...

Post subject: Re: Game crashes on startup
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:33 pm 

Sounds like it could be a bad install (sometimes even reinstalling wont fix that). Try following the steps in this thread: http://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30093

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:11 pm 

eddster27 wrote:
Sounds like it could be a bad install (sometimes even reinstalling wont fix that). Try following the steps in this thread: http://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30093

Thanks for help but in the end it didn't work, nothing did...
I already wrote second email to support but still didn't get a reply :/

I hope there is a way to fix this issue because I would like to come back to this game since I played in beta and actually paid for it...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:55 pm 

Ookami wrote:
eddster27 wrote:

I hope there is a way to fix this issue because I would like to come back to this game since I played in beta and actually paid for it...

I had something like that half of a year ago. It turned out to be... quite a complex issue.
First of all I turned off all my antivirus protection screens. Though I added Awesomenauts into the 'white list', somehow AV program messed with downloading so few files were unable to pass checking.
Then I uninstalled Awesomenauts through Steam.
And deleted the whole /common/Awesomenauts folder manually.
After that I went to Steam settings/downloads and pressed Clear Download Cache button. It's important. After that Steam logs out and you have to log-in again.

If everything was correct, you should download Awesomenauts and try it before turning on AV-screens back. I recommend doing this even if that instruction looks almost identical to others, may be that other actions are crucial in your case.
That helped me at least. Hope you would be fortunate too.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:18 am 

Sevenecho wrote:
Ookami wrote:
eddster27 wrote:

I had something like that half of a year ago. It turned out to be... quite a complex issue.
First of all I turned off all my antivirus protection screens. Though I added Awesomenauts into the 'white list', somehow AV program messed with downloading so few files were unable to pass checking.
Then I uninstalled Awesomenauts through Steam.
And deleted the whole /common/Awesomenauts folder manually.
After that I went to Steam settings/downloads and pressed Clear Download Cache button. It's important. After that Steam logs out and you have to log-in again.

If everything was correct, you should download Awesomenauts and try it before turning on AV-screens back. I recommend doing this even if that instruction looks almost identical to others, may be that other actions are crucial in your case.
That helped me at least. Hope you would be fortunate too.

I am going to try it now. Thanks for the advice, I will let you know if it worked.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:22 am 

Yeah so I tried it and it didn't work, I did everything how you wrote it but nothing changed after reinstalling :/
Thanks for the effort tho

Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:10 pm 

Hey there wolf,

I'm assuming in your support ticket you sent, it included logs; these should contain all relevant data to show where the crash occurred, and what caused it. If at all possible, however, could you post any errors / lines from this log that may be helpful to this situation? This link should help: https://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/view ... =13&t=2223 . You *may* have to run the game again and then collect the log data, so as it is updated with the most recent crash/error that occurred.

In most cases like this, a sudden crash is usually related to drivers and/or graphics configuration (either directx support or OpenGL support). Hopefully, we can resolve this pretty quickly.

Also, we do apologize about the delayed response from support@ronimo, they get a lot of tickets on a daily basis to process and cannot always respond to all of them. Rest assured, that's why we're here to help :)!

Hope to hear from you soon, and thanks for reporting!

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death