Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Steam Overlay and the Shift Key
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:27 pm 

I'm posting this here to see if anyone else has and/or can replicate this issue. Nauts is the only game I play on Steam where I have this issue.

So the default hotkey combination to open the Steam overlay is shift+tab. However, in both the main menu and in-game, very often pressing shift by itself will bring the overlay up. This tends to happen more frequently if I brought it up sometime in the last minute or so but I can't nail down a consistent pattern. It very much seems like the tab button input gets stuck, and I've experienced it more in the main menu, but it is very frequent and only in this Steam game.

https://www.twitch.tv/real_marshmallow_fox

Post subject: Re: Steam Overlay and the Shift Key
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:06 pm 

Marshmallow_Fox wrote:
I'm posting this here to see if anyone else has and/or can replicate this issue. Nauts is the only game I play on Steam where I have this issue.

So the default hotkey combination to open the Steam overlay is shift+tab. However, in both the main menu and in-game, very often pressing shift by itself will bring the overlay up. This tends to happen more frequently if I brought it up sometime in the last minute or so but I can't nail down a consistent pattern. It very much seems like the tab button input gets stuck, and I've experienced it more in the main menu, but it is very frequent and only in this Steam game.

Hey Mallow,

I've not known anyone to have this issue, nor do I have this issue myself, but this seems moreover to be related to Steam rather than 'Nauts. If you're running a beta client, I'd recommend reverting; additionally, make sure your hardware and drivers are clean / up-to-date as to not cause any unnecessary or repeated inputs.

AFAIK, 'Nauts doesn't cause any issues like this and it would be a steam-related (overlay) bug particular to this app; I have some particular issues with overlay on Warframe myself (control key is constantly pressed down in overlay so I can't press the "V" key), so this believes me to think that it's most likely an overlay issue. I'd clear my steam caches (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -TIAL-4638) as well as make sure no conflicting overlay software is running in the background (i.e. GameBar via Windows, NVIDIA's ShadowPlay, Discord's Overlay, etc.) just to isolate the issue further.

Hopefully these suggestions help; if not, let me know and we can troubleshoot this further.

Thanks!

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death