Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Wraith Stone
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:47 am 

For some reason I don't like sacrificing an utility row for this. I'm too lazy to calculate it, but how often do I need to kill creeps for it to be more effective than medican? Do they even respawn that fast? I just find medican way easier because I don't have to think about it. I think the only time I've ever gotten wraith stone is for rocket because he's so god damn good at stealing creeps. Should I be getting it more often or am I justified in my extreeemely spare usage of it?

P.S. I thought walky-talky was a joke, but qi'tara got wraith stone instead.
:lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar:

If the leaderboards were truly always designed to be strictly for the matchmaker's consideration only and not for players to climb, I'll film myself drinking several litres of condensed milk and PayPal you all £1,000

Post subject: Re: Wraith Stone
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:05 am 

It's extremely potent on nauts that can be behind their lines. It's not really a sustain item. It's an item that turns a 1v3 into a winnable situation.

I pretty much always get it as one of my first items on Leon on every map bar ai.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post subject: Re: Wraith Stone
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:11 am 
Adminaut

It's definitely not a matter of sustain per sec. Even ignoring the silly 1v3 potential in the enemy jungle it can be extremely convenient to almost double jungle creep value to then immediately hop back onto lane. With Med-i-Can it might've taken longer to get forced off lane but it'll also take longer to recover the health to get back onto it. The instant near-full healing provided by Wraith Stone lets you bounce right back into the action on the right map.