Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Tips for soloq noobs?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:17 pm 

ScR wrote:
Ok, last one.
How do I win matches solo? It happens too often. I get "well, not bad" enemies that stick together and teammates who never group up, no matter what.
So, basically I'm trying to clear and push both lanes and fight enemies at the same time. And it's not working, ofcourse, I get outpushed.
What exactly should I do in games like that? I know they could be won. But I don't know how. What are my priorities?

I find if you're losing, just defending isn't enough as they'll still chip your towers down. You wanna be as far out as you can, trying to clear waves and following your teammates around. a 3v2 can still be won if they * up. Usually I try build sustain to just try make up for lost time. When you're out there trying to defend your turrets around mid, you must not let them get near you. Usually I try not to cross anywhere near their turrets.

However, you gotta try set up kills, if your teammates are near you and a wave is mostly dead, instead of finishing it off make sure they don't get ganked and die. Even if they're new to the game you still must protect them.
If possible, try catch one out and burst them down. If they're low and their team is near don't bother chasing unless you're totally confident. Even chasing one back will greatly improve your chances.

There are matchups you can't do this against. Don't try to be a hero and don't let your teammates be. If you can halt their progress on your towers you can eventually rubberband back or get wiped trying.

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:08 pm 

Alright, new nauts, new questions :huh:

Clunk
Works really well actually, even though I still die too much with him. Chose a noob-build starting with boots+homing, explode damage + bite damage, then snares, health, etc. It works most of the time for me. Snarebite early feels not nessesary at all, especially without explode speed.
1. How do I survive early game against a heavy push team? I can't 100-0 them early + it's easy to get ganked. How do I build against that?
2. How to start a build against a heavy 3-tank comp? I rely on my squishy allies for ranged DPS and poke, my main role is to tank for them, but Clunk is not immortal after all...

Genji
Still having troubles surviving early game.
3. What is the most cost-effective sustain?

Swiggins
4. Damn good with Voltar+another tank comp! How about lightweight teammates? Is he worth trying? What's the sustain build order for him?

Also didn't see a lot of nauts picked lately. No Yuri, Skolldir, Jimmy, Genji... Only Leon+Gnaw+Chucho with small varieties like Rae/Scoop/Yoolip... What happened? People just read they have more DPS and pick them for "ez wins"? :facepalm:

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:12 pm 

ScR wrote:
Alright, new nauts, new questions :huh:

Clunk
Works really well actually, even though I still die too much with him. Chose a noob-build starting with boots+homing, explode damage + bite damage, then snares, health, etc. It works most of the time for me. Snarebite early feels not nessesary at all, especially without explode speed.
1. How do I survive early game against a heavy push team? I can't 100-0 them early + it's easy to get ganked. How do I build against that?
2. How to start a build against a heavy 3-tank comp? I rely on my squishy allies for ranged DPS and poke, my main role is to tank for them, but Clunk is not immortal after all...

Building aa in both cases can be nice. In the second case going burst isn't a terrible idea though
ScR wrote:
Genji

Not getting hit ;)

You really shouldn't need sustain on Genji. The most cost-effective is Nectar, but the best one is heal blessing for how it wins fights on its own. If you only care about your own sustain and you have a "ganking comp" (squishy stuff like frog, leon etc that don't really want to team fight) then jagra eggs is really nice for dmg and sustain

ScR wrote:
Swiggins
4. Damn good with Voltar+another tank comp! How about lightweight teammates? Is he worth trying? What's the sustain build order for him?

Swiggs is one of those nauts that can kinda work with anything.
https://orikaru.net/nautsbuilder#AdmiralSwiggins/1020000102000011200201220200/23-23-2-2-9-9-19-19-25-25-22-22-16-16-15
here is a pretty good tank build

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:21 am 

Quote:
Clunk

Usually with clunk, I always get snare for the free 3rd missile hit. Then I go straight into AoE, Barrier, or Heal over Time. Not dying is my favourite thing to do.
Here's my rough meme build: https://orikaru.net/nautsbuilder#Clunk/ ... 8-17-17-22
For the last items, either the one-stage damage upgrade, extra target or +maxhp is good.
Then for explode usually I like blueprints container or less self damage, as I try bite near the end of an explode.
Quote:
Genji

With genji you chill earlygame, just don't die. If you get nectar first you can cocoon creeps then kill them for extra healing.
Quote:
Swiggins

Edds build is pretty good, use that.

Quote:
Also didn't see a lot of nauts picked lately. No Yuri, Skolldir, Jimmy, Genji... Only Leon+Gnaw+Chucho with small varieties like Rae/Scoop/Yoolip... What happened? People just read they have more DPS and pick them for "ez wins"? :facepalm:

Gnaw, Rae and Yoolip are popular now, that's all.