Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Killing Dizzies?
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:07 am 

I'm not really sure what you think is strange about that kill.

It might just look strange because I'm falling. Pulse has an almost instant windup time but the movement lock lasts for a decent time after it's fired. I guess it looks a little weird because I'm falling?

All I did there was pulse as soon as I heard the aa connect.

You can actually do some aa cancelling stuff on penny where you fire pulse or pounce just before the aa lands but it requires you to have 1+ charges and generally, it's better to just get the extra dmg from the charge than saving a fraction of a second doing the dmg.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:02 am 

eddster27 wrote:
I'm not really sure what you think is strange about that kill.

I don't see anything strange about that one. In fact that was awesome TBH.
There's something I'm doing wrong then because I still got much longer delay on that.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:33 am 

ScR wrote:
There's something I'm doing wrong then because I still got much longer delay on that.

What do you mean by delay?

If you mean the time between pressing pulse and pulse coming out then I don't really know what to suggest.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:52 am 

eddster27 wrote:
ScR wrote:

What do you mean by delay?

If you mean the time between pressing pulse and pulse coming out then I don't really know what to suggest.

This exactly. It's the same issue happening to me with Rae's snipe sometimes. It charges way too long sometimes (I press button to shoot but it does nothing, like a misfire lol). And I have no idea what causes it since I believe everyone has that 100-150 ms pings at average as I do. Although some stuff like Vengeance or Hyperbull work just fine always. Even teleburst is consistent if I don't screw it up myself.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:03 pm 

ScR wrote:
This exactly. It's the same issue happening to me with Rae's snipe sometimes. It charges way too long sometimes (I press button to shoot but it does nothing, like a misfire lol). And I have no idea what causes it since I believe everyone has that 100-150 ms pings at average as I do. Although some stuff like Vengeance or Hyperbull work just fine always. Even teleburst is consistent if I don't screw it up myself.

Ping never has an effect on your own ability timing. Penny is a funny one for that because you get the charge when you see it hit, even if it does the dmg later.

It could just be a mistiming issue idk. The Rae one certainly sounds like a timing problem.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:02 pm 

Uhm... This was because of the aiming visuals. WTF? I turned them off before but it did not make any difference then. Tried again today and walla! This still didn't help me winning any games but at least I got positive... once... that was an accident but feels good anyway :party:

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:48 pm 

Build CC, is the most in-a-nutshell of dealing with Dizzy. Nearly every 'naut has CC nowadays. In particular hard CC like Snares, Stuns, and Silences will absolutely screw Dizzy over.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:27 am 

Caught myself on being completely unable to be one useful lategame fox. Like usually matches end for me on lvl 12-15 when my team is stomped because I fed too much but last night it was a 40 min match. I ended up with this * build:
https://orikaru.net/nautsbuilder#PennyF ... 9-13-17-20
(the buy order was different ofc)
There was Yoolip, Lonestar and Chucho. I theoretically could "oneshot" only Chucho since he didn't buy pills but that guy juked really well so I screwed up catching him all the time. As for Lone or Yoolip - they got too much HP and if I got hit by anything they got - it was death or close to death situation all the time.
My teammates won that one but it still felt salty because I couldn't find opportunities to deal more damage. It was only 200k total - 3rd worst result over Yoolip and Swiggs but they aren't supposed to deal much in the first place. Lone and our Skree had about 350k. Having skree teammate forced me to go extra charges bc the lanes were cleared instantly all the time, I know stun and speed would work better there but getting charges off Lone or Yoolip is suicide.
What's the strat for lategame in general? It definitally differs from early-mid when it's all about seeking low enemies and finishing them or using amp in teamfights. Any good replays or tips on that would help a lot. :thumb:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:47 pm 

ScR wrote:
stuff

Why are you asking about Penny's late game in a Dizzy thread? :huh:

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:05 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
Why are you asking about Penny's late game in a Dizzy thread? :huh:

Why are you not reading the whole thread before asking questions about it?

TL;DR
- how to counter Dizzies
- man Just play Penny
- how do I do that?
- ez
- I don't think that's ez, because <stuff>