Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: I... need help, guys.
 Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:22 am 

I just... I'm sad. I feel like I'm terrible at the game. I just... need advice from higher league players. I guess I am/was really prideful about how I play the game, because I thought that because I had 1,700 hours in the game, I would know what I was talking about. I would rant about Ayla, Chucho, Ksenia, Rocco, and a lot of broken characters. I would/do blame my deaths on lag or "you have a cheap 'naut."

Which, (hopefully) is sometimes true, but... I'm probably just incapable of recognizing my own faults. I really, really want to be better at this game. I feel like I've worked hard enough to earn my way into league 1, or even league 2, but apparently I haven't.

If I could get some advice, some tips, some "training," that would really mean a lot. My current mains are :jimmy:, :yoolip:, and :sleep:. Any tips on those nauts would be most appreciated. I would like to be better with :fist:, :chew:, and :ayla:. Again, any tips would be appreciated :D

If you've played with me and I've been really salty/toxic/rude to you, I apologize. Even though I haven't exactly had the best experiences in life recently, it is no reason to be so rude to strangers I don't know who may or may not be going through rough or rougher times than I. So, if I have offended you in any way, I hope you didn't take it to heart. Even though I act 12 sometimes, I assure you I'm not :scoop:

Post subject: Re: I... need help, guys.
 Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:21 am 

I'd love to help you, unfortunately I'm only recently learning LUX5K and Ayla. I could give you tips about Clunk but I feel you'd be better off going to tactics and asking in there from much better Clunk players than I.

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:37 pm 

Well, at least SOMEONE replied. Thank you, Mr. L. I appreciate it.

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:16 am 
Adminaut

Moving this thread to Tactics since you're asking for help and advice, plus the thread will be seen more here.

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:56 am 

I could offer advice on Clunk, Ayla, and Skolld. I don't claim to be the best in practice (L2/L3, maybe you've seen my streams), but I at least know the theories behind the characters and have mained two of them for quite a while. :shrug:

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:14 pm 

Aside from general tips, the best help you could have is by getting someone to analyze one of your match and tell you what you did wrong exactly.

If you want you can add me on steam and we can play some matches together - then i will be able to tell you if you're doing any obvious mistakes. Or you can just send a replay here if you prefer.

Most of the general mistakes are:
  • Overextending - moving in a part of the map that is fogged (no visibility on the minimap), leading you to a possible gank
  • Focused on whatever you're doing and forgetting to watch the minimap
  • Chasing when you are not sure to kill someone, and you are not even sure if your retreat will be safe
  • Engaging with no regard to how much health your mates have, or if they are retreating or not
  • Attacking 1v2/2v3/1v3
  • Going to defend the turret even if the turret will be destroyed in the next seconds (don't do that. It's better to lose a turret rather than losing both you and the turret. Especially if the turret health is very low, it will be lost anyway sooner or later, it's just not worth it)
  • Backdooring without knowing where are the opponents
  • Retreating after your team gets a wipeout
  • Retreating after your team gets a wipeout and the enemy core is exposed :rocco: (free win if you just attack the core while they respawn)
  • Leaving your slower mates behind when retreating
  • Not trying to soak damage when you're a tank and one of yours is going to die

If you're not doing any of these, you're already a good player, and all you're missing is naut-specific stuff or reactivity

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:05 pm 

>Practice makes perfect :party:

Don't think that bots can't teach you anything. Bots can help with learning a lot of the mechanical nuances of each character. I'd personally recommend playing against Level 3 bots until you feel that you can fight them, and then try your hand against Level 5 dank haxorus AIs.

But there's only so much you can learn from brainless robots. You are eventually going to have to play against some real players.
One of the best pieces of advice for improvement is almost everything is to ask yourself "Why did I fail?" (or "Why did I succeed?") after a match is over. Yes, every now and again the answer will be "Because my team was zorking mentally handicapped and our Penny Fox rushed Spiderbird Collector Badge as her first item", but if you think deeply about what happened, there's likely an area in which you can improve.

And if you really can't find what you did wrong in the last match, block everyone who was in the match on both sides! :scoop:

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep:
:LeonWink: Naut
Not a :glasses: :table: :rae:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:28 pm 

I can give you advices about those :

:voltarroll: :huh: :worship: :chew: :tear: :facepalm: :scoop: :rocco: :chucho: :yoolip: :clap:

Just add me if you need any opinion or want a bud to train with

Be ready to face League 8s by the way, the league system wasn't really gentle to me, since I was between L1-L2 :sleep:

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:39 pm 

In my experience, there's a inverse relationship with how much I believe I deserve to win cause I'm "pro" or whatever & how much I actually win games. Or, the more c0cky/prideful/over confident/arrogant etc.. I am, the worse I play.

My advice, always play as though your opponent is just as good or better than you are. And, do it regardless of total hours played or their perceived skill. With 1700 hours you most likely have the game knowledge to make league 1 or 2. Just know, whenever you blame the game for a death, loss or anything really, you lose the opportunity to improve & triumph over that situation in the future.

c0cky is a censored word? lmao.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:16 pm 

Guys, I can't tell you enough how much this means to me that you guys took the time to reply to this. I really do want to improve, and I want to work on my horrible salt. (It has improved 10-fold, but its sad at how bad it still is even with that much improvement).

Thank you to all who have offered your help, I will definitely be adding you on steam. Thanks for the help.

My steam profile is in my signature at the bottom of my posts, feel free to add me (i don't know when i'll get around to adding people) and i'll play some with you later.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :GnawCry: I'm tearing up... *not really*