Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Viable AA 'Nauts?
 Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:58 pm 

I'm a huge fan of holding left click and watching worlds collapse around me. Right now I've been messing with a - probably stupid - triple-damage stacking HC Bomb Raelynn, and that's been fun. I haven't actually taken this game seriously in ages, so I haven't kept up with builds or bothered experimenting in a while. Are there any other really good AA focused 'Nauts right now? (aside from Ix)

With a big, robotic ass :chew:

Post subject: Re: Viable AA 'Nauts?
 Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:14 pm 

MurlocAggroB wrote:
I'm a huge fan of holding left click and watching worlds collapse around me. Right now I've been messing with a - probably stupid - triple-damage stacking HC Bomb Raelynn, and that's been fun. I haven't actually taken this game seriously in ages, so I haven't kept up with builds or bothered experimenting in a while. Are there any other really good AA focused 'Nauts right now? (aside from Ix)

Ted with Grenade + Figurine + Spider Eggs

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:22 pm 

Rocco, assuming you don't mind the terrible droid clear.

Skolldir for FISTS OF FUREH!

Skree, if you don't like to aim.

Voltar, if you hate yourself.

Sentry, if you like area denial.

Ayla, if you relish in making your teammates suffer.

Chucho, if you want the game to do the auto attacking for you.

Gnaw, if you just hate people.

Max, if you want to embrace you inner mosquito

Yuri, if you enjoy standing in one place getting shot, or are convinced Banana Pod is the way of the future.

Murderchild did nothing wrong. :ayla:

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:10 pm 

Be original, and try a Yoolip AA-build. His AA row actually is pretty funny, having super speed attack and armor break in it. Maximize the fast AA-chances by taking dino poo, etc, health drops.
I mainly use those to break turrets faster, but could work against nauts too, I guess. Except that the base AA of Yoolip is like the worst of all... :drool:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:58 pm 

Idk if you call it viable but gun penny is a lot of fun.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:07 am 

I've been having a lot of fun with Max Focus, but instead of running a DPS AA build, I've had more success with the burst build. The upgrades are the last three on the row. You end up doing 200+ damage shots every two seconds, which is great for harassing and finishing off opponents.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:36 pm 

Seconding ted--tho i like grenades, damage, and knockback (+auto-reload shotgun on stim). Also ive never really seen anyone else make grenade traps in drop-downs/hide-areas like i do :( granted with their lifetime its not all too effective. Theres still a cap on live grenades right? ...need to try a gimmicky all-bomb comp of yuri, ted, and someone else like AA sentry or voltar w/ healbot bomb...

Also shoot airstrikes quite a bit behind enemies and feel their relief that you missed, until kb shottie blasts them into it...

And i guess it went without saying, but genji. Not enough people make use of jumppads to stack multiple AA's flying thru the air

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:33 am 

AA Nibbs exists, but that's only for hipsters like myself. One of the highest DPS's (With boot DoT anyway) in the game along with constant 30% slows can lock down nauts. Plus Nibbs is faster then ever before due to range now increasing the velocity of orb.

Oh wait nobody likes AA Nibbs

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:22 pm 

Yoolip can be pretty insane when you build him right. His damage output is really scary if you manage to hit it all

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:08 pm 
Adminaut

Honestly Genji's AA is still a pubstomper, just kite well and poke the hell out of people until your team reaches Genji's insurmountable late-game and you win. Best of all it's extremely adaptable to what the enemy team builds although a good, easy row that works in a lot of cases is Dmg/Range/DoT which can pressure squishies into oblivion and even ruin some tanks (no teleburst for Sentry). Also it got buffed for no reason so go to town.

Skree AA has insane clear right now. CM + Sunballs + Damage clears lanes almost instantly and punishes the team for trying to be a team and stick together.

LUX and Skolldir also have godlike AAs, especially if Oily gets involved for Skol.

Lone and Rae have good AAs although they're not rush-heavy options. Lone wants his lifesteal and Rae wants Rift or Snipe built for specific threats.

Morrowsaw wrote:
AA Nibbs exists, but that's only for hipsters like myself. One of the highest DPS's (With boot DoT anyway) in the game along with constant 30% slows can lock down nauts. Plus Nibbs is faster then ever before due to range now increasing the velocity of orb.

Oh wait nobody likes AA Nibbs

The issue is it's really not that much DPS for what's a melee-range AA with a Frenzy mechanic on one of the slowest, squishiest characters in the game, even/especially when built into. The utilities such as bugged CDR, regen and even slow are just better. I'd prefer Skrogchu + utilities or triple utility to anything with DPS items although Dun Duns has its times to shine.

Like it's goodish DPS and 30% slow helps keep people in it but Leon and Ksenia have better survivability (invuln, invis, silence) and utility (silence, pull, slow) while also rivaling the DPS so you'd be better off trying a gimmick AA build with them to be honest. Nibbs building AA just kind of gets immediately punished for going in that deep. The difference between AA and Firebreath for how deep you go in is Firebreath is dealing way more damage in a short timeframe while shielding the user if opted into or having a range advantage over AA, letting her survive for the brief moment she goes in for her damage. AA you need to commit harder and for longer while having no heavy shielding or solid instant damage to back you up.

Not to rag on a fun build (far be it from me to tell people to build to the meta), I just don't think it's actually an effective AA build in practice.

Character Hitbox Thread (Rocket added)