Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Best tips for new players?
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:57 am 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Droid(s): little balls of failure that waddle/float down the lanes, giving angry glances at everything before their apathy for doing a good jobs overloads them and causes a system freeze. The only thing they do that is of any value is drop Solar.

Bot(s): large balls of failure that wander around the map doing nothing of any consequence before they decide to end their "lives" in a spectacular moment of self-inflicted uselessness—also referred to colloquially as "my teammates every match" or "everything below L4".

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:50 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Droid(s): little balls of failure that waddle/float down the lanes, giving angry glances at everything before their apathy for doing a good jobs overloads them and causes a system freeze. The only thing they do that is of any value is drop Solar.

Bot(s): large balls of failure that wander around the map doing nothing of any consequence before they decide to end their "lives" in a spectacular moment of self-inflicted uselessness—also referred to colloquially as "my teammates every match" or "everything below L4".

Splitscreener(s): medium balls of failure that feed constantly and don't respond to chat messages.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:15 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
I find that splitscreeners are a most fascinating organism, for they seem to occupy a hive-hind whose sole objective in life is to cause the maximum amount of frustration with the absolute minimum of action.

I have a theory that all splitscreeners are actually part of a larger entity (somewhat like the Zerg, but far less hygenic and of far more disgusting biology) that uses its incredible psychic powers to predict the future, with startling accuracy, and then formulate a plan to ruin whatever positives that future might hold. This includes feeding 87 deaths between the two and trying to block Snipes with their faces—using the term "face" to include generously whatever it is that sits atop their shoulders.

Solar: cubes of nonsense scattered around the map; going to the trouble of collecting them is about as useful an activity as french kissing the inferno device.

Raelynn: the new poster girl for Awesomenauts (for Clunk is an outdated shopping trolley of a machine). Raelynn possesses the incredible ability to be absolutely devastating with zero effective skill nor independent thought required, and is consequently a perfect match for 94.34% of the playerbase. Right click at things that come vaguely near you and middle-click at things that refuse to—you will win every time.

Rocco: Raelynn, but for players that wish to demonstrate some semblance of skill in between sessions of reducing their enemies to quivering piles of salt and angry thoughts.

Turrets: large, semi-sentient collections of cardboard that fire wildly at all things in range, in an attempt to make their targets so angry they murder the turret, ending its miserable, fragile existence. Turrets are so worthless they defend areas better as corpses, fo the smell drives wild animals away more than the spitball-bullets do.

The Solar Drill: the one thing whose defence my allies flat-out refuse to associate themselves with, as if merely being in its presence would induce poverty or something. It might as well self-destruct after seven minutes for all the good it is worth.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:39 pm 

Solar: cubes of nonsense scattered around the map; going to the trouble of collecting them is about as useful an activity as french kissing the inferno device.

Apparently you have never heard of Solar Krab Burgers.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:42 pm 

Why use Solar Crab Burgers when Med-i'-can does everything just as well but is a passive effect that does not interfere with allies' Solar Crab Burgers (and cannot be denied by enemies)?

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:56 pm 

Why use Solar Crab Burgers when Med-i'-can does everything just as well but is a passive effect that does not interfere with allies' Solar Crab Burgers (and cannot be denied by enemies)?

I get both on Ayla :ayla: When you're the only brawler of your team, you never have enough regen

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:06 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:

I get both on Ayla :ayla: When you're the only brawler of your team, you never have enough regen

Really? I thought you should always get one or the other but never both. Well, i guess if it works for you, i shouldn't be questioning it i suppose... even though i just did.

Aaron12906m wrote:
Every damn one (topic) is you bums arguing the same poop.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:45 am 

I usually take solar burgers for Vinnie and Spike. Dunnoh, I just want to keep that squishy guy at 100% at every time, so I prefer taking all healing options as him most of the time.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:56 pm 

I find Solar Krab Burgers to be a lot more effective than Med-i-can when retreating, the solar cubes heal for quite a lot and can get you up to nearly full HP to retaliate and stop the enemy who didn't realize you had bought that item.
Med-i-can is available for all the characters, however Solar Krab Burgers is only available on 5 (correct me if I'm wrong) but I find those 5 characters usually do better with Solar Krab Burgers than Med-i-can.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:43 pm 

From a purely numerical point of view, Solar Crab Burgers heals 60 HP per Solar cube collected (scaling with levels) and Med-i'-can provies an additional +180% base HP regeneration, or 21 HP/s*.

While I suppose Solar Crab Burgers does give slightly more burst healing if you can retreat into a line of Solar, this cannot really be said to be a reliable situation. I used to be a constant user of Solar Crab Burgers on Ayla, but I am afraid I find Med-i'-can to be more useful. Try it and see.

It also makes Gnaw feel bad, which is a marvellous thing.

* Please note that this goes off the old value of 700 hitpoints/minute regeneration. I would consult the Wiki, but it is outdated in some places—this is one of them. As far as I am aware, this regeneration value has not changed.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote: