Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Rocco´s build and tips?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:25 pm 

It would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Rocco´s build and tips?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:18 pm 

https://orikaru.net/nautsbuilder?b=Rocco/1000121111002012000111221000/24-5-5-23-23-15-15-6-22-22-4-19-20-9-12-12-8

I currently go for this but there aren't that many "wrong" ways to build Rocco. There are just a few items that you need to hit fairly early into the game.

The most important ones are aa dmg, aoe arrow and sticky cop moustache. These form the core of your build. You can see from mine that I go for atk spd first since I am quite adept at landing all the aas and it lets you chase and kite really effectively.

The most important thing to realise about Rocco is that you don't want to be going in first. It's a very similar playstyle to dps Voltar if you have ever done that. You want to be kiting and poking the enemy from range when they have abilities and the second they burn anything you go in for the kill.
You don't want to just run at the enemy when you engage. Try find a different angle so that even if you die, at the very least, the enemy use their abilities on you and don't hit your teammates at the same time, allowing them to clean up for free.

Stay calm, hit your left clicks, time when you fully commit and you will do well with Rocco. :rocco:

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:58 am 

https://orikaru.net/nautsbuilder?b=Rocco/1000121101012012100101221000/19-15-15-23-23-6-16-24-4-5-5-11-9-12-12-22-22

I'd agree with the above. I personally go for SWCA over Sticky early because SWCA essentially doubles your damage and your range.

Don't be afraid to shoot un-charged PS shots. They go pretty far even without the full charge and travel at odd arcs that can be difficult to dodge. Try to mix up the angles of your shots to avoid becoming predictable.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:52 am 

Thanks a lot for the answers.

One more thing: do you keep LB pressed for the AA or do you individually click for every AA? My guess is that you hold LB when clearing droids or pushing and you individually click when fighting Nauts.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:04 am 

Depends how accurate I need to be :)

For large targets that are easy to predict and hit I tend to hold. But if it's people moving around a lot or I really really need to hit the aa then I tend to single click.

I always hold when the atk spd buff is active though

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:03 pm 

one upgrade i also recommend trying out is quickdraw bow, the extra dmg on vengeance. its dirt cheap (u can piggy into both stages) its about an extra ~70dps and lets rocco go in on nauts for a kill early game that will probably take it cause theyll assume that rocco cant kill them, if that makes sense. not to mention in general extra mindless damage is never a bad thing :p

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://awesomenautsrumble.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/nGCYF3k

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:19 pm 

I too have been trying to find the propper way to build rocco without spending too much money on situationally good items.
My playstyle is somewhat inspired on pillow's build and way of playing but I have to admit i'm not very experienced with the character, generally my story is. me trying to find the propper way to build rocco, go into a soloq match and fail. so far this is the best I got (in no particular order)
Core stuff:

badge and gun:
makes your frame 1, stage piercing hitbox into a multi target move capable of absurd poke.

quickdraw bow:
mr.pillow already explained this. in my personal opinion I think people prioritise this more than they should but its still super important, specially if you are going for max dps builds.

movement speed: (boots/flags)
pick one or pick both, the movement bonus is insane and comes with a couple of extra options in either single or multi stage from just a movement increase but if you are going to pick only one let it be assasin flags.

* spurs: (aa damage)
doesn't matter what you are doing, you need this.

SWCA coin:
more poke,more cc, hit chance. almost always worth the price.

My build's stuff
Sticky cops moustache:
combos with an infinity of items and is reliable in single stage, is active way too often, increases max dps, allows you proc vengeance cc even faster and is only 6 droids more expensive than quickdraw. (the main reason I say not to prioritise quickdraw bow over this)

Nicotine patches: (cooldown on percision shot)
allows sticky cop to be active even more often and starts being effective in a shorter time than classics.

Rocketpack: (range)
you can usually replace this for any max dps upgrade or leave it for late game in exchange of quickdraw, aoe. swca or nicotine in case you need one of those and don't have them yet.

Lil Johnny: (i'm 80% sure this is considered mandatory seen as how vengeance cc is lacking)
instant stage piercing 1 stage, 1 second multi target stun! honestly, grénaide pour home on vengeance or the first aa hit after activating vengeance would be more balanced than this...lol

Situationally good
Defused hawk bomb: (Cd reduction for PS on aa)
combos with sticky cop/quickdraw and can improve cc and stunlock during brawls with chicken grill while also adding unnecesary active frames for sticky cop, its alright though but depends a lot in tons of upgrades together to be truly good.
triple stage upgrades:(damage/slow)
if you are gonna get any of these, get only 1 or 2 stages early or max them out during lategame but other than that, percision shot and vengeance have better items.

Mirakuru: (sustain on vengeance)
really shines against stacked DOTs but is pointless most of the time.

Chick grill: (3rd arrow with sort of an aa dps reduction)
improves cc and combos with hawk bomb+ technical hitbox increase but range i think is just a little bit better.

Wraith stone:
Aiguillion only.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

Jas123c wrote:
kathy wrote:
muncher.gif

this is a very serious question, please help :(

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:17 pm 

During Rocco practice I came up with this:
https://orikaru.net/nautsbuilder#Rocco/ ... -4-22-22-9

(Sometimes regen first if Gnaw or something, and SWCA instead of Chicken Grill if more lane clearing is needed). Quickdraw early to be able to get pickup kills more consistantly.

I really like what it does lategame, but it's a long way up there. I'm sure my buy order is considered wrong. Maybe it can be improved?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:18 pm 

Always get prec shot AOE. It's too good to pass up. After that +AA speed on hit is usually very good. If you find that shots are hard to hit pick +velocity. +dmg is never wrong. If you feel confident in hitting your shots pick -cooldown in hit.

Prec shot stun on vengeance is absolutely incredible if you hit it, and is amplified with prec shot AOE. 1 second stun is an eternity and a half in this game. Other than that, +movespeed is absolutely incredible. It lets you flee, chase and manuever like no other naut can. +regen is usually pretty good, and +hit duration is good if you like to stay in vengeance for a long time, and synergizes with +regen.

ALWAYS get AA dmg. No exceptions. Triple shot is good if you want to up your dmg, and lets you stay in vengance longer by hitting more. +Range is ridicilous, you outrange everyone else. Keep in mind it does nothing when up close. +lone dmg actually works if you have range, and lets you do a surprising amount of dmg. Also speeds up droid clear by a ton. Split makes rocco a godly teamfighter, especially if you have +slow on vengeance. prec shot cooldown on hit is fun when you want to dakka dakka with prec shots.

If you want a short name for me, just use Sten.