Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: How do I play against these nauts...
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:28 pm 

Clunk. Once you are snared, it's a death sentence no matter what you do or how you try, Not even that item that reduces crowd control duration/effectiveness gonna help you.

Skree. Why a whole naut is allowed to block a whole path removing the possibility to escape while doing tons of damage even not having that much items online.

Nibbs. Same question about damage. Why a singular naut is allowed to KO you while basically having almost no items online.

Ayla. Srsly? That damage that also heals her even in a 1v1 situation and a single shot ability doing a lot of damage aswell?

Post subject: Re: How do I play against these nauts...
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:34 pm 

Often the easiest way toearn to deal with particular nauts is to play them yourself so you can work out what they struggle to deal with.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:39 pm 

eddster27 wrote:
Often the easiest way toearn to deal with particular nauts is to play them yourself so you can work out what they struggle to deal with.

I am sorry but a new player having problems with this game (and I still don't know if I should invest in All Nauts Pack because I still question my further playing in it at some point) can't afford all nauts right away.

Or if you buy them for me but as far as I remember there is no "share awesomepoints" button in a game.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:02 pm 

for Clunk, minimap awareness.

Though generally for all of them, keep you distance. Don't hug a clunk or an ayla, kite them and only come close to burst them, and then immediately run away.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:10 pm 

Gameinsky wrote:
then immediately run away.

What is that's a Clunk/Skree combo? Running away doesn't work since Skree just blocks the lane.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:26 pm 

https://youtu.be/eOD3AdDJtVc
(btw kill me now for making this video)

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:30 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Raptoriuzz wrote:
Clunk. Once you are snared, it's a death sentence no matter what you do or how you try, Not even that item that reduces crowd control duration/effectiveness gonna help you.

I do not want to be that guy, but... do not get snared. I agree that it is a death sentence, but unless he can drop down on you, chances are you are much faster and more agile than he—run circles around his great, fat body.

Raptoriuzz wrote:
Skree. Why a whole naut is allowed to block a whole path removing the possibility to escape while doing tons of damage even not having that much items online.

So long as Sawblade is on-cooldown, or so long as you can remain either above or below him at all times, just run up to that little vermin and slap him about: he deals zero damage. If struggling, build into AA damage and chase him—it makes the player wet themselves.

Raptoriuzz wrote:
Nibbs. Same question about damage. Why a singular naut is allowed to KO you while basically having almost no items online.

Wait until her combo is on-cooldown, or until she is silenced. Do not, under any circulstances, allow her to group your team—she will eviscerate you all no matter how strong you think you are.

Alternatively, play Raelynn.

Raptoriuzz wrote:
Ayla. Srsly? That damage that also heals her even in a 1v1 situation and a single shot ability doing a lot of damage aswell?

Ayla's power scales inversely off her enemies' skill—she demolishes newer players that are not good at evading her, and is literally useless once you learn the secret:

Hit her—she cannot both chase you in Rage and absorb attacks, for she has no survivability. If she rages your whole team at once, you deserve to lose for awful positioning. Evil Eye's damage is weak as far as burst damage goes until she is at low hitpoints, so bait her.

AAyla does not exist in any serious play, so I would not worry about that—unless Ronimo, in their wisdom, decide to nerf Rage again.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:33 am 

If you want, you can check the Awesomenauts Wiki. There are tips and tactics sections on how to play as, with or against every 'naut. Click here to see Clunk's page as an example.

Now, a couple of disclaimers, though:

1- These tips are very basic, beginner-friendly stuff. You may know some of these things already.
2- The Wiki is currently undergoing a server migration and pages may take longer than they should to fully load. Until it's done, I'm afraid everyone will have to endure, unfortunately.

If you want to see all the 'naut, you can click here instead. Just click on the portrait you want.

Hope this helps.

we're giving this thread too much attention for its quality

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:12 am 

For Clunk, the longer the match lasts, the more invincible he becomes. I suggest you push turrets at the beginning to gain a forward momemtum, most Clunks are poor at defending if they dont buy area dmg upgrade but only focus on killing. But dont let Clunk get early kills. He wont instashot you in first 5-10 minutes, but if you let him get early kills, he will. He will also go down fast, if 2 of you are aware of him, and attack right after he has exploded. His dps is very low after that, and he is too slow to get away.

Ayla? I used to have horrible problems with her when I was a new player. She is actually a lot weaker now, but I guess the pain can still be the same for new players. She is kinda like Clunk in the way that at the beginning of the match she wont be as bad as at the end. The way I handle her nowadays is just by being agressive myself. She is a glass cannon and goes down fast. But if you are scared, just stay away and dont let her catch you when you try to run away. That you will lose 100% of times and she gets free kill. Try to burst dmg her when there is 2+ of you, one after another, and she wont last long.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:58 am 

My go to tactic is to not die, so I play gay non committal nauts such as the one portrayed by my profile pic................................

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

http://steamcommunity.com/id/recipefortheperfectafro/