Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: How do I play against these nauts...
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:54 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
IsoKoala wrote:
Ayla? I used to have horrible problems with her when I was a new player. She is actually a lot weaker now, but I guess the pain can still be the same for new players. She is kinda like Clunk in the way that at the beginning of the match she wont be as bad as at the end. The way I handle her nowadays is just by being agressive myself. She is a glass cannon and goes down fast. But if you are scared, just stay away and dont let her catch you when you try to run away. That you will lose 100% of times and she gets free kill. Try to burst dmg her when there is 2+ of you, one after another, and she wont last long.

This is truth.

So many people run away from her—just mash her up a bit.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:40 am 
Adminaut

Raptoriuzz wrote:
Running away doesn't work since Skree just blocks the lane.

If Skree Totem consistently blocks your escape and gets you killed it likely means you're overextending; that is, going too far out from your team's 'territory'. How far is too far all comes down to the moment you're in so it's something you learn with time. You basically need to respect the presence of Clunk and Skree's Totem and position in a way that keeps you at or near the frontline without being far out enough that you're able to get caught out by these abilities. It's important to still remain near the frontline as you need to be able to help your team, bait skills out and prevent the opponent from taking too much ground. That's why how far is too far is something that's learnt over time because you can also be too safe so it's not a matter of just hugging your turret 24/7.

The characters you list are indicative of an overextending issue as characters like Clunk, Skree, Ayla and especially Nibbs punish people who are too far out of position with strong close-range burst or DPS that benefits greatly from the target being in a position where it is safe for them to use their close-range attacks. Skree has more range but his Totem largely benefits from punishing/discouraging over-extension by blocking routes.

Besides not overextending it all comes down to what characters you're playing against these 'Nauts so further tips rely on that factor.

Character Hitbox Thread (Rocket added)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:08 am 

FishmanDerp wrote:
Raptoriuzz wrote:
Running away doesn't work since Skree just blocks the lane.

If Skree Totem consistently blocks your escape and gets you killed it likely means you're overextending

^^ This. Very much this. That would be my #1 answer to someone who would tell me that he can't deal with totems trapping him.

On another note, throwing a totem at the best range requires a lil bit of charge up time. During that small charge up time, you can see his throwing pose. So depending on how quick you respond to this, you should be able to tell wether or not you're gonna get totem trapped.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:59 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Raptoriuzz wrote:
Clunk. Once you are snared, it's a death sentence no matter what you do or how you try, Not even that item that reduces crowd control duration/effectiveness gonna help you.

I do not want to be [i]that guy, but... do not get snared. I agree that it is a death sentence, but unless he can drop down on you, chances are you are much faster and more agile than he—run circles around his great, fat body.[/i]

Very valid point, however quite a few Clunks I've seen simply use lag to their advantage to kill you. Have you SEEN some of those absolutely BS explodes when you're a MILE away?

Raptoriuzz wrote:
Skree. Why a whole naut is allowed to block a whole path removing the possibility to escape while doing tons of damage even not having that much items online.

So long as Sawblade is on-cooldown, or so long as you can remain either above or below him at all times, just run up to that little vermin and slap him about: he deals zero damage. If struggling, build into AA damage and chase him—it makes the player wet themselves.

All of the melee characters in the game (about half) cannot attack targets directly above or below them.

Raptoriuzz wrote:
Nibbs. Same question about damage. Why a singular naut is allowed to KO you while basically having almost no items online.

Wait until her combo is on-cooldown, or until she is silenced. Do not, under [i]any
circulstances, allow her to group your team—she will eviscerate you all no matter how strong you think you are.

Alternatively, play Raelynn.[/i]

Easy enough to say, however in practice it's pretty hard to catch her out even as Raelynn when she can simply orb cancel out of firebreath.
Even if she is silenced, Firebreath won't stop, and if she's not using Firebreath currently, she will be in the process of running away. I have played Nibbs quite a lot recently, and the tactics you have suggested simply do not work, especially in the lower leagues.

Ayla's power scales inversely off her enemies' skill

Seriously? She is one of the most banned 'Nauts in competitive, for good reason. Have you watched any tournaments at all recently?

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:45 pm 

Hans the Interloper wrote:
Seriously? She is one of the most banned 'Nauts in competitive, for good reason. Have you watched any tournaments at all recently?

...Ayla is an extremely rare pick and is never really banned in comp.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:48 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.

Not only is Ayla hardly picked in tournaments, as Eddster said, you are preaching to the converted—I was the highest-ranked Ayla main for some time and am now on a crusade to usurp the current #1 in the top 100. I will reign supreme once more, whoever-it-is-that-has-stolen-my-spot-from-me!

She gets better as he enemies get worse, more so than other 'Nauts.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:24 pm 

*randomly dies to an explosion across the map*

Even though it's frustrating when it happens, i always find it hilarious post-match that a giant angry robot is able to blow up people while having this ephemeral, spectre like presence. Also, Baby Kuri Mammoth can help a lot if the Clunk is relying on snare and slow.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:35 pm 

Not only is Ayla hardly picked in tournaments, as Eddster said, you are preaching to the converted—I was the highest-ranked Ayla main for some time and am now on a crusade to usurp the current #1 in the top 100. I will reign supreme once more, whoever-it-is-that-has-stolen-my-spot-from-me!

She gets better as he enemies get worse, more so than other 'Nauts.

I beg to differ... I find ayla quite useful even in league 3, where people should actually be more aware of how to counter her.
I think her power scaling inversely with skill level only applies once you hit league 2.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:25 pm 

Raymond Amantius wrote:
I beg to differ... I find ayla quite useful even in league 3, where people should actually be more aware of how to counter her.
I think her power scaling inversely with skill level only applies once you hit league 2.

What should be is not always the reality.

People should be able to understand that Ayla has a negative level of survivability and dies the moment you so much as punch her in her little green face, but what actually happens is they run from her at a speed that makes chasing in Rage convenient.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:45 pm 

Raptoriuzz wrote:
I am sorry but a new player having problems with this game (and I still don't know if I should invest in All Nauts Pack because I still question my further playing in it at some point) can't afford all nauts right away.

Armory -> naut_name -> try

With the last patch, the balance became acceptable, and the problem is not in individual nauts, but in player skills and team play