Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Air Freshner? When to use?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:13 am 

It's the Saw upgrade that adds 6 homing saws. I never see any good skrees get it, and I have no idea how to calculate how much damage you can expect it to do. And IMO burst saw is lame and I would love to improve my saw placement/prediction.

If the leaderboards were truly always designed to be strictly for the matchmaker's consideration only and not for players to climb, I'll film myself drinking several litres of condensed milk and PayPal you all £1,000

Post subject: Re: Air Freshner? When to use?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:34 pm 

The only correct answer to when to buy it is: never. Sadly this upgrade has no place in any remotely serious build ever since they nerfed the homing mechanic due to Derpl's missiles.

The only time you will get any significant dmg out of it is if you place it ontop of a derpl. In any other case what happens is you will hit 1-2 minisaws per pulse for 16-32 dmg a tick for 20-40 dps, which is atrocious. You can get a 96 dmg burst if you hit the first pulse of particles dead center, which isn't a bad number on paper, but isn't acceptable for how difficult and inconsistent it is. Think about it this way, your going to get at least 1 extra tick of dmg off of size saw, which is 34 dmg with steeldrum. 99% of time you will get 2 particle ticks in a similar scenario for 32 DMG. I mean, that's not even the point of buying size and it outperforms particles.

The only thing particles are good for is zoning, but even then, smart players with regen will just ignore them as they literally cannot out-dmg regen. Honestly, even if you squinted and said it was a passable upgrade, how can you justify it when the other 5 upgrades in that row are really good. There are upgrade rows in the game where particles might be occasionally used as the best of a bad bunch, but sawblade is not one of those rows, this upgrade can't compete with the rest of the row.

Post subject: Re: Air Freshner? When to use?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:15 pm 

Tom wrote:
The only correct answer to when to buy it is: never. Sadly this upgrade has no place in any remotely serious build ever since they nerfed the homing mechanic due to Derpl's missiles.

The only time you will get any significant dmg out of it is if you place it ontop of a derpl. In any other case what happens is you will hit 1-2 minisaws per pulse for 16-32 dmg a tick for 20-40 dps, which is atrocious. You can get a 96 dmg burst if you hit the first pulse of particles dead center, which isn't a bad number on paper, but isn't acceptable for how difficult and inconsistent it is. Think about it this way, your going to get at least 1 extra tick of dmg off of size saw, which is 34 dmg with steeldrum. 99% of time you will get 2 particle ticks in a similar scenario for 32 DMG. I mean, that's not even the point of buying size and it outperforms particles.

The only thing particles are good for is zoning, but even then, smart players with regen will just ignore them as they literally cannot out-dmg regen. Honestly, even if you squinted and said it was a passable upgrade, how can you justify it when the other 5 upgrades in that row are really good. There are upgrade rows in the game where particles might be occasionally used as the best of a bad bunch, but sawblade is not one of those rows, this upgrade can't compete with the rest of the row.

Pretty much this. It has niche use for a very slight increase in area control but Suitcase Monster does the same thing so much better, and even that upgrade is pretty iffy right now.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: :think: #BuffBoiCow Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.