Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Post subject: Re: Upcoming balance update
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:20 pm 

Ix doesn't need 3 self-sustain items, nor should the main bolt of his aa pierce at base in my opinion.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:46 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
InstapantsMan wrote:
It's an update that covers almost every naut and core gameplay elements. Although I know it's going to be a big read (im at 6 pages rn :/), I just hope that Ronimo would take a look into it and hopefully like it.

If they don't, I'll certainly rip it to pieces for you.

Although, if one of the core gameplay suggestions is "remove the XP System", you might get by unscathed. Might.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:58 pm 

Perhaps remove all damage from Ix and focus on the utiltiy part of him would be nice

would be down to playtest

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:05 am 

support ix is a meme
people just wanna do swap shenanigans

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:18 am 

not balance related but Unlimited Power brawl should be renamed to Shopping Spree since all items are on discount and can buy them all.

"There's only one booty to appease my blasted urges"
:kiss: #Coco's Booty :kiss:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:25 am 

Ayla - Honestly I don't know what to tell you with her. She's very glass cannony and practically useless at high leagues in group settings due to her low hp, but dominates low leagues because people don't gang up on her. My recommendation would be increase her hp, half her droid dmg (or don't count droids as enemies for rage buffs) across the board and slightly increase base dmg against self in rage.

Rocket - Too much turret dmg for how easily escapable he is. Cds could be increased by 1 or 2 seconds tbh (especially with cd reducing upgrades)

Dizzy - Clears too well with second ability.

Ix - Many people are saying his sustain is really good, but that's actually pretty necessary for hgiher leagues. 1.5 bursts kill him if they hit. He has the least amount of health, so this sustain isn't really sustaining much. I do think his base dmg should be nerfed though.

Qitara - Way too much dmg at once. Often is if shes on the screen you're dead. Spread out her dmg with some stuff outside of Seven Star Strike.

Skree - Change the saw to do direct dmg please. DoT makes it very clunky especially since your matchmaking is not particularly great, so that delay only adds more to the delay. Also increase the cd or reduce the flying dmg. That saw is powerful. Also, his scaling is WAY off. Late game he becomes god like. early game he's weak.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:52 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

You're never going to balance Ayla across all leagues by just changing her numbers. She scales inversely with her opponents' skill far more than other 'Nauts. Buffing and nerfing and buffing and nerfing her damage and shield and self-damage is clearly making no difference.

If that's not going to happen, can we at least not nerf her self-damage again? She's already taking more than half of Rage's damage to herself (before the pitiful shielding) just to actually use the ability, not to mention that then requires facehugging things very capable of chunking her at a moment's notice. No, engaging when they're on cooldown is neither reliable nor desirable, because brawling tends to be best during... well, the brawling, not the cleaning up.

Given that Evil Eye is currently fairly weak burst when you're not below 280 HP health and actively looking to die against anyone with a gap closer or ranged nuke (like, say, all the popular 'Nauts at the moment), she's not filling her niche of dealing damage reliably. She contributes absolutely nothing else to a team if you don't build Chain Whack against structures (apart from clearing droids—even Yoolip does that).

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:16 pm 

As someone who's played Ix extensively, I've got something to say about him.

I feel that his damage is a bit too high at the moment. A capable Ix can outbrawl nearly every character in the game (past the few that silence then burst him down) thanks to that damage.

People have suggested removing the pierce bolt on base again, but that's not the problem. His damage wouldn't change up close, which is what most people often complain about. Sure, he'd lose his poke.... but Ix doesn't have a lot of poke in the first place. (Also, InstapantsMan, the last time Ronimo tried to make Support characters utility-focused, we got Rework Voltar and Yoolip. Actual Support-focused characters simply don't work in this game.)

At base (no upgrades, level 1) Ix's max damage on AA is 105 per attack. At 2.2 attacks per second, this amounts to 231 DPS without using any other abilities. Let's compare this to someone whose autoattack is powerful in its own regard, Leon.

Leon has around 2.25 attacks per second (just a bit higher than Ix) and each attack does 95 damage. With no upgrades, his DPS is 215.97. One of the highest DPS AAs has over 15 less DPS than Ix, a support.

"But Spriter", you might say. "You need to hit all 3 bolts to get all that DPS in!" In melee range, you much more often than not do. Now, granted, his lifesteal is a fixed number depending on how many targets the bolt hit. That's why Ix players grab Wraith Stone and keep it safe with only using their bolt for damaging minions and the like.

Suggestion: Reduce each scatter's damage by 5 at base. His DPS gets reduced to a maximum of 198 at base, which is more manageable, his sustain is untouched (not a problem, as he does need it since he can't heal or shield himself from strong DPS like most other Supports can). He'll still be a very competent brawler as he should be (Ix is a strange mishmash of everything that ended up being classed as a Support anyway) and you can tune the rest of his numbers without having to do any drastic changes.

Another potential suggestion would be increasing the cooldown on Refract so that opponents have a bigger uptime on bursting him down properly. From 9 to 10 seconds, perhaps? 10.5?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:20 pm 

Clunk: reducing the animation stunlock duration after using bite.
in any kind of time-skills it stunlocks clunk to death.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:34 pm 

Smiles : He NEEDS to do more damage or at least have more health, he simply cannot hold his ground, even in a one-on-one

Commander Rocket : All round a bit more powerful than he should be

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next